SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Yeah that reminds me that yesterday a driver pulled up along side me and gave me the finger. That is not uncommon but I had no inkling what he was upset about. At first I returned in kind but It was such a nice day I did not let him mess with my mojo for very long. (-:
What a dick.
I don't do the kms you do, but rarely get that, if ever.
That said I've had numerous experiences of drivers purposely getting way too close at either an intersection on my right, or on the road on my left.:mad:

Yeah that reminds me that yesterday a driver pulled up along side me and gave me the finger. That is not uncommon but I had no inkling what he was upset about. At first I returned in kind but It was such a nice day I did not let him mess with my mojo for very long. (-:
I can’t say that I’ve ever had anyone flip me the bird but have come across plenty of idiots who intentionally speed up when there is barely enough shoulder to begin with. Many we see flagrantly doing this are those driving full size pickups hauling holiday trailers.

At the other extreme, some go out of their way to make you feel that you have just as much right to be on the road. One fellow actually pulled alongside my wife and I, lowered his window and gave us both the thumbs up. That made our day for sure!

We are heading out for a ride along the Ice Fields Parkway tomorrow at likely the worst time of the year for traffic. Fortunately, the shoulders are quite wide which should offer some reprieve. 🤞

I can’t say that I’ve ever had anyone flip me the bird but have come across plenty of idiots who intentionally speed up when there is barely enough shoulder to begin with. Many we see flagrantly doing this are those driving full size pickups hauling holiday trailers.

At the other extreme, some go out of their way to make you feel that you have just as much right to be on the road. One fellow actually pulled alongside my wife and I, lowered his window and gave us both the thumbs up. That made our day for sure!

We are heading out for a ride along the Ice Fields Parkway tomorrow at likely the worst time of the year for traffic. Fortunately, the shoulders are quite wide which should offer some reprieve. 🤞
Bon voyage and keep the rubber side down P Dog !

Car of the day is this 65 crew cab pickup!
1659823379522.jpeg

I thought this month would be over 2000 kms ebiking but google says it was 100 km less than last month.. I wonder how accurate it is?
Your July activity
biking
Cycling
1,818 km
83 hr​
car
In transit
91 km
3 hr​

Now you’re talking! My first car was a 66 Triumph Spitfire, the same body but a convertible with a four banger engine and twin carburetors. It had a tonneau cover that zipped open the driver’s seat but covered the shifter and passenger seat. I hardly ever used the door… just jump over the door sill and into the car. It finally went to the graveyard after the steering column caught fire one night driving through town - those Lucas electrics!

That thing was the most fun ever. Also the biggest piece of junk ever, but if that’s what it took, fine!

Back