SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Steve
There was a blurp on the TV news the other night, and I don't know if it was local or out of state,
and it showed a bunch of cyclists that had what appeared,
to be BRIGHT colored pool noodles bungee corded on the rear of their bikes,
the long end was towards the traffic side.
I caught a very little of the information,
but the gist of it was, that that distance was the safe passing distance for a cycle,
the long end distance appeared to be 3-4' etc.

I watch later that night and never see any more info on it.

Tia,
Don
OH yes I saw soemthing about that a while ago!

Yes. But my Artistic assignment is to add additional wire snarls everywhere. Every where. Enough for 12 bikes. It makes a strong artistic statement! On any ride. In an original way. This project has a ecological side benefit, as small rodents will have a place to nest and have something good to eat. I love all the uncut zip ties and conflicting colors of housings. Did you note the double curly ques at the gear sensor? With three colors of zip ties? This Bad is hard to achieve. It takes effort. You got'ta give the guy credit. Actually, my humble job is only to make the bike shift.
View attachment 113570
HaHa! While your setup is perfectly functional the way it is, you could dress it up a bit by doing this:

Instead of making coils with the cable slack, form it into long loops and fold it parallel to the other cables & chainstay. Then use this orange spiral wrap to encase everything.

Use orange zip ties to hold it in place. The spiral wrap offers some protection by eliminating the coils which could snag on something.

I love the orange color BTW!

Yes. But my Artistic assignment is to add additional wire snarls everywhere. Every where. Enough for 12 bikes. It makes a strong artistic statement! On any ride. In an original way. This project has a ecological side benefit, as small rodents will have a place to nest and have something good to eat. I love all the uncut zip ties and conflicting colors of housings. Did you note the double curly ques at the gear sensor? With three colors of zip ties? This Bad is hard to achieve. It takes effort. You got'ta give the guy credit. Actually, my humble job is only to make the bike shift.
View attachment 113570
You probably didnt know but as luck would have it.. Orange is a vermin deterrent color.. No worries on next as the Halloween color will keep them away...;)

Weird?
1644180020685.jpeg

Attachments

• 020622c.JPG
    020622c.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 020622d.JPG
    020622d.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 121
My January activity ( according to Google ) Walking, Biking and Driving.
Walking
3 km​
Cycling
927 km
44 hr​
In transit
193 km
7 hr​
This is not bad considering we had over a week of snow and ice but our bikes show higher kms. For example today the bikes showed we did 95 and 97 kms but Google says we did only 85.4 ? Anyways onwards and upwards!

Hey, @Art Deco! I have a riddle for you: What is yummy and clears canyons of fire hazards while frolicking in the sun?

Attachments

• FireProtection.JPG
    FireProtection.JPG
    323.2 KB · Views: 118
Back