SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

It's a girl. 85Nm.
1643332005906.jpeg

Attachments

• Gateway1.JPG
    Gateway1.JPG
    539.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Gateway2 (2).JPG
    Gateway2 (2).JPG
    528.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Back when I sold Porsche in the New Porsche (Newport) Beach area of Southern California we called the wing on that car the picnic table. Not every car has a built in picnic table! Another selling feature was that there is not enough room in the backseat for a mother-in-law. The old Nazi Heinz Porsche had an office there. Ironically he always wore a surgical mask and gloves. He would have people approach me outside of work to recruit me to his belief system. No way Jose. He was a creepy F-er.

Last edited:
Five Canadian provinces have safe passing laws that are on the books (Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Quebec). So do 35 other jurisdictions in North America. These governments recognize that a minimum distance for motor vehicles to pass a person walking or cycling - typically between 1 and 1.5 metres (3-5 feet) - would protect people and save lives. This is a nice dream but how could it ever be enforced? It seems impossible to me.

1 and 1.5 meters
That is the law here in the other CA. Many drivers see cyclists as an aggravation and aggressively want to impinge and intimidate. They think they are dominant and own the road. On the plus side cars are easily dented with a fist. It is assault with a deadly weapon when they impinge with what is essentially a foil lasagna pan. The shock on their faces is golden when they get punched. Who in their right mind would threaten someone by wielding a lasagna tray? It is nutty. These cars, trucks and SUVs crush and crumple like a beer can with an off hand swat.

Some random animal statuary:

20220115_135529.jpg

Plus, some random cuteness that was waiting for me when I got home from my ride (there's 4 of them in there - 3 two month old kittens and a two year old)
Little guy has his tongue out all the time! All 4 are rescues from a local Humane Society.

20211202_212845.jpg

Some random animal statuary:

View attachment 113295

Plus, some random cuteness that was waiting for me when I got home from my ride (there's 4 of them in there - 3 two month old kittens and a two year old)
Little guy has his tongue out all the time! All 4 are rescues from a local Humane Society.

View attachment 113296
I always kinda took kitties for granted. My grandparents farm had a couple dozen running around most of the time. We'd find their mom's 'nests' in the hay barn and select the ones we thought were the cutest. But 14 years ago I was adopted by an orange tabby and he's been a great friend and fabulous mouser. Very affectionate and has hung in there through a lot of changes. Then 5 years ago we got adopted by the furriest long haired beautiful coal black kitten from god knows where. He ain't the cat the old one is but he's ok. Really good mouser. Kills one most every night. Brings them in through the cat flap, throws them in the bath tub where he tortures them a couple minutes then eats them. Cats are wonderful animals if you give them half a chance.

That is very smart. No escape with slippery sheer walls
Guess you are right. It's a new trick for him too as we never had a bathtub, only a shower, until just recently. He still can't hold a candle to Old Cat however who has two weasels to his credit taken in different years and brought to me in pristine shape. The first one went to a friend who had it mounted and I've had the second one in the freezer for going on 4 years. :p Old cat also drug a full grown cotton tail into the house once. And had to carry it up a slanted ladder that allowed the cats to come and go through their cat flap set in a high window. The weasel catching is legendary amongst my clan because nobody has ever seen a weasel in these parts.

That is the law here in the other CA. Many drivers see cyclists as an aggravation and aggressively want to impinge and intimidate. They think they are dominant and own the road. On the plus side cars are easily dented with a fist. It is assault with a deadly weapon when they impinge with what is essentially a foil lasagna pan. The shock on their faces is golden when they get punched. Who in their right mind would threaten someone by wielding a lasagna tray? It is nutty. These cars, trucks and SUVs crush and crumple like a beer can with an off hand swat.
Some are designed that way to reduce pedestrian mortalities.

Back