SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Hello PRAIRE DOG: Your neck of the woods is featured on the Bing startup page today:
1643995759633.png

About 30 riders did a sunset group ride this Friday evening. That was fun. A bunch of lovely Hippy Chicks of all ages had stamped my back with CoolPetaluma.org so, I had to do it. Two Town Counsel members were with us. I introduced a young woman from Japan to the group and loaned her an eBike for the ride. Cars be dammed. That was a blast for all.
1644033303622.jpeg

1644033813693.jpeg

a few hours
I started with a bowl of crab chow-duh.
Here is a 1987 mint condition bike. This was the second gen of mountain bikes. The first generation broke. This is double welded, triple butted chromoly with extra-beefy brakes fitted with motorcycle levers. Now it is 90Nm, 504Wh. Check the welds! Beautiful. It is headed to the Berkley hills in five minutes. Remember when Schwinn was cool?

Attachments

• Highsiera1.JPG
    Highsiera1.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Highsiera4.JPG
    Highsiera4.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 105
  • HighSiera87.JPG
    HighSiera87.JPG
    617.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Highsiera3.JPG
    Highsiera3.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 105
Five Canadian provinces have safe passing laws that are on the books (Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Quebec). So do 35 other jurisdictions in North America. These governments recognize that a minimum distance for motor vehicles to pass a person walking or cycling - typically between 1 and 1.5 metres (3-5 feet) - would protect people and save lives. This is a nice dream but how could it ever be enforced? It seems impossible to me.
Steve
There was a blurp on the TV news the other night, and I don't know if it was local or out of state,
and it showed a bunch of cyclists that had what appeared,
to be BRIGHT colored pool noodles bungee corded on the rear of their bikes,
the long end was towards the traffic side.
I caught a very little of the information,
but the gist of it was, that that distance was the safe passing distance for a cycle,
the long end distance appeared to be 3-4' etc.

I watch later that night and never see any more info on it.

Tia,
Don

On my rides I think that it is weird that we do not have Winter here but have an extended Fall that is mixed with Spring instead. This week we have dead leaves on white oaks at the same time as blooming clover. Here is how the '87 HighSiera conversion turned out. Check out the contender for the worst build ever. That red/orange bike that came in today in this state. @m@Robertson
1644106393577.jpeg
1644106441752.jpeg

Attachments

• Highsiera2.JPG
    Highsiera2.JPG
    405.5 KB · Views: 130
  • BadBuilds4.JPG
    BadBuilds4.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 119
  • BadBuilds5.JPG
    BadBuilds5.JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Badbuilds6.JPG
    Badbuilds6.JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 130
  • BadBuilds7.JPG
    BadBuilds7.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I started with a bowl of crab chow-duh.
Here is a 1987 mint condition bike. This was the second gen of mountain bikes. The first generation broke. This is double welded, triple butted chromoly with extra-beefy brakes fitted with motorcycle levers. Now it is 90Nm, 504Wh. Check the welds! Beautiful. It is headed to the Berkley hills in five minutes. Remember when Schwinn was cool?
I can't link, but search "Schwinn" by member @J.R. for a nostalgic video.

It is the Algia that gets me. Nost means Home. Algia means sickness. There is no going back to a past that was not as great as we like to think. Longing to recreate that ideal Christmas Norman Rockwell Christmas is a sick delusion preventing us from being present. I see this in political thinking in the Green Room. I think Schwinn peeked in about '87.

It is the Algia that gets me. Nost means Home. Algia means sickness. There is no going back to a past that was not as great as we like to think. Longing to recreate that ideal Christmas Norman Rockwell Christmas is a sick delusion preventing us from being present. I see this in political thinking in the Green Room. I think Schwinn peeked in about '87.
So did I.

On my rides I think that it is weird that we do not have Winter here but have an extended Fall that is mixed with Spring instead. This week we have dead leaves on white oaks at the same time as blooming clover. Here is how the '87 HighSiera conversion turned out. Check out the contender for the worst build ever. That red/orange bike that came in today in this state.
View attachment 113561View attachment 113562
Got enough wires and cables for another build on that bike?

Got enough wires and cables
Yes. But my Artistic assignment is to add additional wire snarls everywhere. Every where. Enough for 12 bikes. It makes a strong artistic statement! On any ride. In an original way. This project has a ecological side benefit, as small rodents will have a place to nest and have something good to eat. I love all the uncut zip ties and conflicting colors of housings. Did you note the double curly ques at the gear sensor? With three colors of zip ties? This Bad is hard to achieve. It takes effort. You got'ta give the guy credit. Actually, my humble job is only to make the bike shift.
1644112199008.jpeg

Yes. But my Artistic assignment is to add additional wire snarls everywhere. Every where. Enough for 12 bikes. It makes a strong artistic statement! On any ride. In an original way. This project has a ecological side benefit, as small rodents will have a place to nest and have something good to eat. I love all the uncut zip ties and conflicting colors of housings. Did you note the double curly ques at the gear sensor? With three colors of zip ties? This Bad is hard to achieve. It takes effort. You got'ta give the guy credit. Actually, my humble job is only to make the bike shift.
View attachment 113570
Not move, just shift ... I think you can handle it.

Back