SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Out of curiosity have you ever built a bike with a Bafang M620 or a BBSHD?
Sure, Here is what a decent build of an HD looks like. Note the connectors and tangle of ugly wires. I rather ride a TS. But LUNA does a nice controller for the HD if needed for a cargo bike for taking kids up a big hill.

Attachments

• HDCargo04.JPG
    HDCargo04.JPG
    335.7 KB · Views: 114
Sure, Here is what a decent build of an HD looks like. Note the connectors and tangle of ugly wires. I rather ride a TS. But LUNA does a nice controller for the HD if needed for a cargo bike for taking kids up a big hill.
Have you got any more pics of that bike? Also do you notice any problems with the motor position / location on a BBSHD ?

Winter Riding on the Freego DK200 Adventure Ebike.

We had just a skiff of snow yesterday but enough to try out the tires on the new ebike to see if I can do some winter riding and it handled great. Just like a truck with snow tires. I also set the speed up and you can see I was doing 28mph on that snowy road.

I hooked on the sled and tried to get Tazaroo to ride in it but she wouldn't stay in and I had to train her to ride in the trailer so it will take some training to get her to stay in the sled. We will get there. I may need a sled with higher sides. More like a toboggan?

Anyway, it snowed pretty heavy last night and we have about 3 inches so I will be doing more winter riding very happy to have another mode of transportation for winter riding. I also have the gas minibike with big knobby tires and I keep both on my porch in the solarium so they stay warm and dry.

Ok, that is some of my winter adventure fun and I will make some videos of my rides to share. Hope you are all staying warm and having fun on your homesteads and enjoying winter adventures!
Show less

Ebike in winter.PNG

Freego Winter Riding.PNG

Last edited:
Christmas bike dreams. These have the latest torque sensing Bafang motors. Carbon. Unusual 'rides', with nice paint. Spacy paint. 12-sp. Hers has a more comfortable cockpit and because she is a duel citizen UK, the bell.
@steve mercier, see PedalUma.com for some build photos and ideas.
1640389146929.jpeg

Attachments

• LunaX2c.JPG
    LunaX2c.JPG
    284.9 KB · Views: 129
  • LunaX2d.JPG
    LunaX2d.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 120
When I hear a car rev up behind me I know it is about to cut in front across my path to the right crossing from the left. Luckily cars are made out of the same stuff as turkey baster pans from the dollar store and are no more intimidating. Just more expensive.

When I hear a car rev up behind me I know it is about to cut in front across my path to the right crossing from the left. Luckily cars are made out of the same stuff as turkey baster pans from the dollar store and are no more intimidating. Just more expensive.
That depends entirely on who is driving.

When I hear a car rev up behind me I know it is about to cut in front across my path to the right crossing from the left.
A good point. I rely on that vehicle noise when riding to alert me of danger. EV's make far less noise and except for the tire to pavement sound, are nearly silent. In 2019 the EU enacted a law requiring EV's to have AVAS which emits a sound to warn pedestrians. Similar laws are in the works here in the US.

Oh, great! I am amazed that EVs will be backing up in a parking lot and not making any noise. I have always thought it's just going to cost the right amount of cute little kids lives to get that turned around. But, manufacturers couldn't predict that need? And we've let that go on for how many YEARS????

Thanks so much for sharing that 6zf. You"ve made my too lazy to go protest day. :)

After my first ride of 2022 I stopped for salad. Happy New Year!!!
1641072716917.jpeg

@VoltMan99 might like these.

Attachments

• 010122a.JPG
    010122a.JPG
    461.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 010122b.JPG
    010122b.JPG
    448 KB · Views: 116
  • 010122c.JPG
    010122c.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 010122e.JPG
    010122e.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 010122f.JPG
    010122f.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 010122g.JPG
    010122g.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 109
How the heck does Louis fit that club house in his mouth? 😁
I've had some thick club house sandwiches over the years, but nothing THAT thick.
It's an art... I certainly couldn't do it.
He does say it's the best he's ever had - so we ride that route reasonably often.
My Mac and cheese was outstanding as well - not as good as homemade, but a delicious restaurant version.

Good little pub - places to lock the bikes up that's still in view.
The only downside is their beer selection is a little weak.

1641445783805.png

Man, I got to show my Poutine and Mac, Maybe nest week. It will blow you away from the other CA. Tipsy Pig. Just like the anaconda! You look like characters from the original Star Wars. I love it. Gotta ride no matter what.

Back