SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Did a 36+ mile solo ride around our little town then out past nearby Grass Valley to the Mining Museum on the far side of town. It's on Allison Ranch Road, a route I handn't been on for years, and never on a bike. Off I went...

I expected gravel within a 1/2 mile or so, just last the town limits. To my surprise, the pavement continued even though the road still narrowed to a country road as I remembered.

A very pleasant ride with the new-ish pavement extending all the way to the road's terminus at the main route into Grass Valley, HWY 49. It was here that I became reacquainted with the only known moose in the area;

0908211354_Film1.jpg

This is the mascot of the Grass Valley Moose Lodge, a bit of an oddity in this country of black bears and deer. Over the years the local Moose Lodges, along with the Elks, Lions and Rotary Clubs have made a significant contribution to the quality of life in our foothill communities being responsible for the donation of much of the City park lands, construction of many of the community buildings, and much more.

I'd forgotten that the Moose Lodge was here, but was happy to see it well maintained with upcoming activities posted for all to see.

Got back to the house with 24% battery remaining. Not bad for our hilly terrain.

I suppose this sign celebrated Pat's 90th birthday;
0812211009a_Film1.jpg

This is on one my favorite local routes to a nearby lake that I've been able to ride on my ebike for several years now. It hasn't been changed to celebrate Pat's 91st, or even 92nd birthday so maybe this is bad news?

I'm so confused...🤔

Last edited:
Well, looks like the season has arrived;
1013211441_Film1.jpg

"HELP!! I've fallen and and I can't get out!"

1013211442b_Film1.jpg

"UNKNOWN ...But in the end we're all tree food anyway..."

1013211442_Film1.jpg

"MARY MARY QUITE CONTRARY Her bones must be looking quite hairy"

1013211442a_Film1.jpg

"Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust. Resist all you like...but decompose you must"

Seen on today's ride running errands and stuff.

This is my weird and unusual sighting, until I can find away to cover it up.
The motor controller went bad, and even if I could find one, I could not afford it. So I took the battery out to lighten it up a couple of pounds anyway. No a lot of fun peddling a forty pound bike. Oh well, if you are going to be dumb you have to be tuff. And the battery won't last two more years either. It's over six years old, and has 609 charge cycles on it.
Not a hobby for a poor man!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Attachments

• 20211022_184149.jpg
    20211022_184149.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 161
Back