SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

That´s the F-150 , cap. 45#. The F250 long bed attaches to this trailer convertable to 2 whls &
back to one. I call it the stealth gardener´s kit. I´ll try to post a pic, tomorrow. but it still needs a
of tuning.There´s even a way to mount dual calipers if I can find my dbl. pull brake lever. The F-250 is
rated cap. 90#, the max load I´d want to pull any., Also, I´m developing farm implements for
it. Right now, I should be harvesting wild carrots, but need a bit more rain here. Still in the works,
the F-350 kayak trailer conversion for the F-250.
Did you ever see @PowerflyLee 's boat trailer rig?
20210606_110317.jpg

Did you ever see @PowerflyLee 's boat trailer rig?View attachment 98776
Yeah, mine´s essentially the same. Boat sits atop the 250 trailer. Mine has a tensioned internal
1¨ PVC skeleton for support so not inflated on the roll.( cross winds ) That STAR is a much nicer boat.
I´m thinking a pop-up sail. See, not so hard or expensive to replace yur car, & a damn site more fun.
Sad... dle
Mine has more tape, but looks better.

All those seeds & more fit into the green bag which can clip onto handlebars. Digginstick is a Japanese
garden knife with a phlange for the foot use & storage of smalls in the handle, same for spade. Atop trailer
is a fast up & down 2 man tent & a fleece bag in a marine bivvy in a 4 cu. ft. waterproof bag/bucket. The
kukri & tactical are just wilderness multitools. Not shown are a couple packets of herbal panaceas. a few
mylar space blankets, & 2- 100 yd rolls of 123 pd. test tarred nylon twine more compact & useful than
paracord.
A kit something like this might serve for remote crews fighting desertification & soil erosion.
Additional crew kits could contain a greater variety of tools etc. & seeds regionally specific like desert
tolerant plants such as goji berries, pomagranites, etc. to perpetuate a permaculture needing little care.

Last edited:
All those seeds & more fit into the green bag which can clip onto handlebars. Digginstick is a Japanese
garden knife with a phalange for the foot use & storage of smalls in the handle, same for spade. Atop trailer
is a fast up & down 2 man tent & a fleece bag in a marine bivvy in a 4 cu. ft. waterproof bag/bucket. The
kukri & tactical are just wilderness multitools. Not shown are a couple packets of herbal panaceas. a few
mylar space blankets, & 2- 100 yd rolls of 123 pd. test tarred nylon twine more compact & useful than
paracord.
A kit something like this might serve for remote crews fighting desertification & soil erosion.
Additional crew kits could contain a greater variety of tools etc. & seeds regionally specific like desert
tolerant plants such as goji berries, pomagranites, etc. to perpetuate a permaculture needing little care.
Johnny Appleseed (if he existed) would be green with envy.

Yes, that trailer looks like it could carry my weekend beer supply. Everything else should fit in the bag, right?
I can carry 2 13ah on the bike or a 13ah,21ah,& 8ah in the coleman with room for food or misc.,
clothing in the panniers. I have a larger pair than shown & the possibility of a front rack.
I also have a foraging kit in a small backpack with a telescopic fishing pole & tackle, a wrist
rocket slingshot/bow, peanut butter & sardines for snare bait, & a game purse with other misc.
No way can I go hungry.

Last edited:
I can carry 2 13ah on the bike or a 13ah,21ah,& 8ah in the coleman with room for food or misc.,
clothing in the panniers. I have a larger pair than shown & the possibility of a front rack.
I also have a foraging kit in a small backpack with a telescopic fishing pole & tackle, a wrist
rocket slingshot/bow, peanut butter sardines for snare bait, & a game purse with other misc.
Now way can I go hungry.
Impressive. I'm glad you said the peanut butter sardines are bait ...

@john peck You probably should do a cross post in the ebike travel and touring subforum for anyone else that wants to know about camping with a trailer. Be nice to take a picture when you set up camp later as well. Don't forget your Bear Spray if you need it.

Around 40 Coyote attacks this year in Stanley park. I wonder could it be a single animal doing all the damage? View attachment 97142
The answer would be yes it most definitely is if that were in the San Francisco Bay Area. And the animal at fault is misguided humans that feed human food to the animals and they become habituated to "food comes from humans." As in give that to me or I will nip you, bite you, posture toward you.

I don’t mean to sound obtuse Reed but does feral hog meat lend itself to good eating? Thinking that it might make a nice chili.
Wild hog (not the big/old boars) is some of the best tasting wild game to be had bar none. Far better than any farm raised pig. The meat just has to be dressed out and cooled properly.

Saw two fields covered in this cloth. dead flat all seams sealed. no real clue why. you can use this method with black plastic to heat the soil to kill all the junk living in it. but on a farm scale? seems a lot of work for that.
View attachment 97582View attachment 97583
Not sure of the exact application of this plastic but in my area they would be injecting a heavy duty poison into the soil before planting grapes. The poison is to kill nematoeds (?) or some such thing that infect the roots of grape vines and slowly grow or progress through the soil on the order of feet per year as it spreads. For a vine installation that can cost tens of thousands per acre to put in and could viably produce for nearly 30 years before being ripped out and re-planted they want to make sure they stop the infestation in its tracks.

The answer would be yes it most definitely is if that were in the San Francisco Bay Area. And the animal at fault is misguided humans that feed human food to the animals and they become habituated to "food comes from humans." As in give that to me or I will nip you, bite you, posture toward you.
A friend that worked a Yellowstone said " A fed bear is soon a dead bear" 😥

Back