SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

I came across these rental Ebikes in North Van... these are the first I have seen around these parts and I like it!
1627433119709.png

Nuts. I can rent a BMW for less. A LOT less. That's $430 per day. But folks don't do math.
I like your sentiment...but... oh I thought it was $43 a day ...wow! I guess it would be cheaper to take an Uber , which is faster and costs around 33 cents a minute. However if you had to cross a bridge ( there are only two from the North Shore to downtown ) in rush hour the LIME would be cheaper and faster.

Last edited:
Those weren't the numbers quoted on the news. I recall it was a Loonie to unlock it and something like a Loonie per hour. I'm pretty sure I've got it wrong, but I remember thinking at the time that it was cheap.
CN
Yes but if you are a member it is free to unlock but then you pay a monthly membership of $9.99 which gives some other benefits like reservation capability

https://merlin.allaboutbirds.org/
Download this FREE app to your phone and use the Sound ID feature to find rare birds on your trips...it is a great deal of fun! I am really enjoying finding birds that have the little gold " uncommon" medallion on my rides. So far I have found 6 uncommon birds in my area in 3 days as well as dozens of others that seem special to me. Today I found a Hairy Woodpecker , Golden-crowned Kinglet , Coopers Hawk , and Western Wood-Peewee. Yesterday the app found a Merlin. It even picks up bird calls while you are riding ,but best if you can stop and be quiet for 30 seconds.

Last edited:
This Spanish style mansion was built by George Reifel the beer baron. It had a Jazz club in the basement where Count Basie, Dizzy Gillespie, and Cab Calloway once played. Nelson Skalbania and Pavel Bure have both owned it for a time but now it will become a long term hospital ( for the upper crust no doubt ) under the Vancouver Coastal authority.

Casa Mia Care Centre​

As part of Vancouver Coastal Health's (VCH) Long-Term Care Rejuvenation initiative, the Casa Mia Care Centre will provide 58 new spaces for seniors, as well as an additional 29 private beds.
All of the rooms will be private, with ensuite washrooms. This will give residents more privacy and a higher quality experience, while ensuring best practices for infection control. Spaces will be brighter and hallways wider to better accommodate wheelchairs. Special care units will provide the safety and security required for residents with advanced care needs.
The iconic 1930's Spanish mansion will be preserved, with an addition for residents connected to the main house. Completion for the expansion is scheduled for early 2022.
1627851067232.png

https://merlin.allaboutbirds.org/
Download this FREE app to your phone and use the Sound ID feature to find rare birds on your trips...it is a great deal of fun! I am really enjoying finding birds that have the little gold " uncommon" medallion on my rides. So far I have found 6 uncommon birds in my area in 3 days as well as dozens of others that seem special to me. Today I found a Hairy Woodpecker , Golden-crowned Kinglet , Coopers Hawk , and Western Wood-Peewee. Yesterday the app found a Merlin. It even picks up bird calls while you are riding ,but best if you can stop and be quiet for 30 seconds.
Here is my list of recorded bird songs / calls captured on my phone during the first four days of riding with the Merlin app: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR LISTS TO THIS THREAD! American Dipper , American Goldfinch , Barn Swallow , Bewick's Wren , Black- Capped Chickadee , Brown Creeper , Bushtit , Cedar Waxwing , Chestnut -Backed Chickadee , Common Loon , Common Nighthawk , Cooper's Hawk , Downy Woodpecker , Eastern Kingbird , European Starling , Gilded Flicker , Golden-Crowned Kinglet , Hairy Woodpecker , House Finch , House Sparrow , Merlin , Northern Fflicker , Pacific-slope Flycatcher , Purple Finch , Red Breasted Nuthatch , Red Crossbill , Sanderling , Song Sparrow , Spotted Towhee , Stellar's Jay , Western Tanager , Western Wood-Peewee , White-Crowned Sparrow , Willow Flycatcher , Yellow -Rumped Warbler , Yellow Warbler . Aug 2 additions = Violet Green Swallow ,Cliff Swallow ,Barred Owl. Glaucous Wing Gull . August 4th new additions = Hutton's Vireo ,Townsend's Warbler, Belted Kingfisher, Red-eyed Vireo,

Last edited:
Back