SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

A bike where any part fails when exposed to rain is a cruel and silly joke. Kind of like a pair of shoes with no soles.

It is well-known and has been for years how to make electrical parts reasonably waterproof at a reasonable price. There is just no excuse for this.
when you buy almost the bottom level bike sacrifices are going to surface. its just the way it is. can you find workarounds? hopfully but other parts may not be rain proof either. or its just the display.

when you buy almost the bottom level bike sacrifices are going to surface. its just the way it is. can you find workarounds? hopfully but other parts may not be rain proof either. or its just the display.
Agreed, after thinking about it, I've to change my view. I want to keep the forum nice, helpful & kind to everyone. Not saying your post was wrong. Bikes have about 200 parts, Wheels, Breaks, Tires, Motor, Shift/Derailer and of course the Computer. If these are lower quality, you'll end up spending more time fixing than riding. This is also the reason why we have this forum to share experiences.
Ya get what you pay for in the end. If you doubt that, ride a Walmart Schwinn @ $250 vs. a Trek E-Caliber 9.9 @ $13000. We all can't, nor want to spend that kind of money. But, we try to balance price vs. quality to get the best bike we can afford.

Agreed, after thinking about it, I've to change my view. I want to keep the forum nice, helpful & kind to everyone. Not saying your post was wrong. Bikes have about 200 parts, Wheels, Breaks, Tires, Motor, Shift/Derailer and of course the Computer. If these are lower quality, you'll end up spending more time fixing than riding. This is also the reason why we have this forum to share experiences.
Ya get what you pay for in the end. If you doubt that, ride a Walmart Schwinn @ $250 vs. a Trek E-Caliber 9.9 @ $13000. We all can't, nor want to spend that kind of money. But, we try to balance price vs. quality to get the best bike we can afford.
even my bulls at 3700 came with cheap rims and cheap non sealed bearings in the headset. there are always tradeoffs.

Cheep is cheep, moisture under screen so frustrating! Lectric will not replace this screen under warranty, bike is less than a month old. I will not purchase from this company ever again!

Is it still working ?

If so shouldn't be a big deal. You can put it in rice to get rid of the moisture. Or you can open it up and dry it out with a hair dryer.

Once fixed cover it with some transparent water proof cover to prevent it from happening again.

Foofer you live in Portland and I live in Raincouver which means this stuff needs to be waterproof or we would seldom get to ride.

Foofer you live in Portland and I live in Raincouver which means this stuff needs to be waterproof or we would seldom get to ride.
yep I ride everyday even on my bike I got it in November the year before by spring I had rusty grease coming out of the headset bearings. even 3700.00 bike can have an issue.

This is how we get in to our homes. This is the West Nueces River. It's mostly dry but this ranch has large springs. If it rains much we neither get in or get out.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.52.22 PM.png

This rotten iPhone! I paid a grand for this thing and it takes the lousiest pics I've ever taken in my life. :mad: Nothing is ever in focus.

This rotten iPhone! I paid a grand for this thing and it takes the lousiest pics I've ever taken in my life. :mad: Nothing is ever in focus.
My wife had an Iphone that was great at most things but it was impossible to understand her when she actually tried to use it as a phone. Granted nobody seems to use them as phones anymore but it sounded worse than 2 tin cans tied on a string.

somet
My wife had an Iphone that was great at most things but it was impossible to understand her when she actually tried to use it as a phone. Granted nobody seems to use them as phones anymore but it sounded worse than 2 tin cans tied on a string.
times yes. good bluetooth headphones improves it a lot.

Back