SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Ride Sally Ride! Did you know that, that song, Mustang Sally, was written about a female Astronaut called Sally Ride?
Sally Kristen Ride was an American astronaut and physicist. Born in Los Angeles, she joined NASA in 1978.
I will show two bikes from today. The first is a conversion to electric that sold in six hours of posting it for sale. The next is one I purchased new with accessories to convert.
Mustang Sally was written by Mack Rice in 1965. :)
Ride Sally Ride was a play on words when she launched on the ill fated Challenger.

Mustang Sally was written by Mack Rice in 1965. :)
Ride Sally Ride was a play on words when she launched on the ill fated Challenger.
I was just joking. She would have been 14 when Mustang Sally was written. She was very active in getting girls in to STEM until her death in San Diego in 2012. It is a fun song and funny that her name is in it.
What did you think of the white housings and electrical on the Green cargo bike? Zoom in on the handlebar.

I’m thinking that‘s a 67 Mustang, mostly by the taillights. The earlier ones had a different taillight. The only thing that bothers me is no headrests in the picture, and the 67s definitely had those.

My dad had the first 64 1/2 Mustang in our county in NY, followed by a 67 convertible and a 69 Mach 1. I took my driver‘s license road test in that convertible, with the top down! Certainly made the parallel parking easier.

I was just joking. She would have been 14 when Mustang Sally was written. She was very active in getting girls in to STEM until her death in San Diego in 2012. It is a fun song and funny that her name is in it.
What did you think of the white housings and electrical on the Green cargo bike? Zoom in on the handlebar.
That's the bike I'll want when I'm 85 and living in the retirement compound. I'll ride it over to visit my girlfriends. ;)

I’m thinking that‘s a 67 Mustang, mostly by the taillights. The earlier ones had a different taillight. The only thing that bothers me is no headrests in the picture, and the 67s definitely had those.

My dad had the first 64 1/2 Mustang in our county in NY, followed by a 67 convertible and a 69 Mach 1. I took my driver‘s license road test in that convertible, with the top down! Certainly made the parallel parking easier.
You know Dave that reminds me that my uncle also bought a new 64 Mustang that (and this is the tragic part ) he later traded in for a 1974 Cordoba....ouch.

Last edited:
Ride Sally Ride! Did you know that, that song, Mustang Sally, was written about a female Astronaut called Sally Ride?
Sally Kristen Ride was an American astronaut and physicist. Born in Los Angeles, she joined NASA in 1978.

I will show two bikes from today. The first is a conversion to electric that sold in six hours of posting it for sale. The next is one I purchased new with accessories to convert.
That Spice curry should sell quickly also . I was thinking of buying this bike and converting it. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/bik/d/vancouver-bakfiets-long-cargo-bike-blue/7330467133.html

Last edited:
That Spice curry should sell quickly also . I was thinking of buying this bike and converting it. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/bik/d/vancouver-bakfiets-long-cargo-bike-blue/7330467133.html
Cool! Rub the wood with this stuff. Then ride it to the local beauty store and buy matching nail polish for touching up the scratches. Why is this Dutch cargo bike in the janitorial closet of a Whole Foods? As a last resort you can always use the front as a bathtub for washing the dog.
1623518718187.png

I am selling a custom bike in fifteen-minutes then I need to work on one that went to Burning Man. Burning Man bikes will rot. It is like watching a time-lapsed film of a flower of blooming corrosion.

Attachments

• burnerbike01.JPG
    burnerbike01.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 105

Yup. '67, the first year with the 'dished' taillights. My first car was a midnight blue '66 coupe.
At one time we also owned a midnight blue '68 coupe, looks pretty much the same as a '67.
CN

They were with a small group, maybe 6 other riders.
You really do ride a bycycle loving area. Between my electric and my neighbors tandem recumbent we have about half the non traditional bikes in town. Not really, but really Rare.

That is Racoon Strait. Weird stuff happens there. A sailboat can look like it is going fast while traveling backwards and the wind can suddenly go the opposite direction, knocking a boat over. This is because the tidal currents from the Golden Gate to Richardson bay are so strong and because of back swirl of wind caused by Angle Island. Did you do the Paradise loop? It is beautiful. Our group ride is going there on the 24th. Nice photo. Thanks.

Back