SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Came across this relic after a long ride in the Santa Cruz mountains... any guesses? 😉

1613959148673.png

My bike has been in the basement since Christmas. I don’t ride in winter if there is snow and ice but it’s been warm for a couple of days and I will ride tomorrow or Friday.
Pictures from today’s walk.
View attachment 79939View attachment 79940
Welcome back out of your hibernation PaD! I do not know what that is but it looks like someone carved a fire extinguisher in the tree? Weird indeed.

My bike has been in the basement since Christmas. I don’t ride in winter if there is snow and ice but it’s been warm for a couple of days and I will ride tomorrow or Friday.
Pictures from today’s walk.
View attachment 79939View attachment 79940

Welcome back out of your hibernation PaD! I do not know what that is but it looks like someone carved a fire extinguisher in the tree? Weird indeed.

Is it an art display?

My spring ride, in the middle of winter, took me through 'downtown' Nevada City and past the site of a recent building fire;
0223211451a_Film1-1.jpg

This was a gold rush era vacant home on the main street through town. It was in the process of being approved for a rebuild when a transient set it ablaze. Firefighters did manage to save the adjoining building, a home converted for professional office use. The burned home was a contributing structure on the National Register of Historic Places that encompasses 100 structures in Nevada City's downtown.

Downtown Nevada City was plagued by fire during its early history. In 1851, when downtown was mostly small wood frame buildings just completed during the still ongoing gold rush, the 1st of 7 fires burned through most of the downtown area. Many of the commercial buildings were rebuilt with brick with steel fire shutters on all windows and doors. These buildings, and their steel shutters still stand today. Early wood frame structures, like the home that just burned, are uncommon, even more so now.

Been snowed in here for 2 months now. With nothing better to do, I've been reviewing some interesting pics taken recently.
I frequently ride a 1.25 mile private road leading to my house here in northeastern PA. I bought an adjacent piece of property on the road with a deteriorated house which I had torn down. The pics are in chronological order and taken over a 2 hour period:
Demo (1).jpg Demo (2).jpg Demo (3).jpg Demo (4).jpg Demo (5).jpg Demo (6).jpg
Demo (7).jpg Demo (8).jpg Demo (9).JPG Demo (10).jpg Demo (11).jpg Demo (12).jpg
It's amazing how fast it went from pic 1 to pic 12. Except for the green capped well head, there is little evidence a house once stood there!

Back