SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

A matter of perspective...
2017 Raleigh Tokul iE w/Manitou Machete fork and Cane Creek Thudbuster LT post
Eversource Power Line, South Hadley, MA (VW circa 1970)
1609734708866.png

I came across this odd-looking set of wheels on my ride today. Anyone care to guess what this is or who the manufacturer was? It's definitely some type of former military transport vehicle. Looks like it's seen better days.
View attachment 75909
I don't know how much our municipality spent to commission this but considering that it's location is in an obscure and less frequented location speaks for itself. Name of the art sculpture is 'BeBop'. I had to look google it as someone had defaced the sign.
View attachment 75910
You will get your excersize slogging through that snow on your acoustic bike P Dog ... Kudos !

You will get your excersize slogging through that snow on your acoustic bike P Dog ... Kudos !
I’ll say. I love the 970. It’s nimble, pretty quick and sports a tight turning radius. That being said, there are days when this 60 yr old body takes a beating on many of the unmaintained winter trails here and the steel rigid isn't very forgiving in that department. I'm now on the hunt for a decent fully suspended e-mtb on milder winter days and the 970 would fill the gap as my ride on very frigid days when battery life might be compromised.

Lovely backdrop of the Three Sisters there Randal! We might have to do the Bow Loop one of these days. :)
@Prairie Dog The thing about Canmore - how the heck do you leave without doing "just one more" trail?
Looking forward to spending a lot of time out there - I'd also like to check out Fernie and Revelstoke too.

I LOVE Revelstoke - what a fun place - I did a lot of contract work there before I retired for good (and before returning to MTB land).

Beverages and good food at "Chubby Funsters" - perhaps the most appropriately named pub/restaurant I've ever been to (based on it's effect on my waistline).
I hope they can survive this current situation.

They will get there though. Or Canada will. This just the Northern loop. Gotta have a southern leg that runs from South California thru Texas and New Mexico all the way to Florida to make it worthy of the name.

Back