SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

My wife and I got each other these Sena bluetooth helmets for Xmas after she got lost on a group ride this month. After a 4 hour test ride today we can report that they get 2 solid thumbs up! The range is excellent and so is the battery capacity. View attachment 75399
Looks like a very cool communication technology helmet.
I'm afraid it's a bit sad that they chose the name Sena, the F1 driver who perished due to a helmet penetration injury.
Death of Ayrton Senna - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: JRA
Spotted on my ride this afternoon.

I ride by this pair of funky looking totems every week and never really pay much attention to them. Perhaps it was all of the deflated Santas that caught my eye today. Anyways, I found out later that they were commissioned works in tribute to a private school’s 50th anniversary. Parkland School provides services to people with developmental disabilities. 👍
View attachment 75414View attachment 75415View attachment 75416

Scenes like these remind me of my childhood. Good times. :)
View attachment 75417
View attachment 75418

A spruced up moose.
View attachment 75419
The pup's name is Aragon and he never leaves home without his pink pony. According to his owner, Aragon suffers from anxiety around other dogs and the soft plush toy calms him down. 🥰
View attachment 75420
Heading home.
View attachment 75421
So P dog, That your track headed into the sunset? Were you dragging your feet or were you trying to stay between somebody's cross country ski tracks? Or pulling a two wheel trailer?

So P dog, That your track headed into the sunset? Were you dragging your feet or were you trying to stay between somebody's cross country ski tracks? Or pulling a two wheel trailer?
Oops. Perhaps I failed to mention that I had conveniently parked my sled under the footbridge. ;)

Actually snowmobiles (we refer to them up here as sleds) are not permitted within city limits so this dude was in contravention of the local bylaw. I see it all the time. Actually, he/she was pushing their luck as sections of the river haven't completely frozen over yet!

Last edited:
Spotted on my ride this afternoon.

I ride by this pair of funky looking totems every week and never really pay much attention to them. Perhaps it was all of the deflated Santas that caught my eye today. Anyways, I found out later that they were commissioned works in tribute to a private school’s 50th anniversary. Parkland School provides services to people with developmental disabilities. 👍
View attachment 75414View attachment 75415View attachment 75416

Scenes like these remind me of my childhood. Good times. :)
View attachment 75417
View attachment 75418

A spruced up moose.
View attachment 75419
The pup's name is Aragon and he never leaves home without his pink pony. According to his owner, Aragon suffers from anxiety around other dogs and the soft plush toy calms him down. 🥰
View attachment 75420
Heading home.
View attachment 75421
Great pics ! That reminds me when in my 20,s I travelled around the prairies a lot and played outdoor pickup hockey in Red Deer , Medicine Hat , Lethbridge ,Prince George etc. Brrr... I can feel the numbing cold in your pics!

Great pics ! That reminds me when in my 20,s I travelled around the prairies a lot and played outdoor pickup hockey in Red Deer , Medicine Hat , Lethbridge ,Prince George etc. Brrr... I can feel the numbing cold in your pics!
Thanks. I haven’t strapped on a pair of blades for ages but would do so in a heartbeat at any of these places.

https://gripped.com/gripped-outdoors/seven-alberta-mountain-lakes-to-ice-skate-with-the-family/

Actually my wife and I did some skating on Lake Louise just after the ’88 winter Olympics in Calgary. Recently, hordes of skaters have been flocking to Gap Lake due to COVID and the fact that it's close to Canmore/Calgary. Might have to check it out myself one of these days. :)

Last edited:
Thanks. I haven’t strapped on a pair of blades for ages but would do so in a heartbeat at any of these places.

https://gripped.com/gripped-outdoors/seven-alberta-mountain-lakes-to-ice-skate-with-the-family/

Actually my wife and I did some skating on Lake Louise just after the ’88 winter Olympics in Calgary. Recently, hordes of skaters have been flocking to Gap Lake recently due to COVID and the fact that it's so close to Canmore/Calgary. Might have to check it out myself one of these days. :)

Yeah, haven't ice skated in 50 years. Still got my big wheel roller skates in the closet though. Took that up when I couldn't bike ride for a few years after my bike crash and neck injury. Used to do 20 miles sometimes around Santa Monica.

Last edited:
I skated outside as a kid in Detroit and Buffalo, but when we moved to Seattle, there is rarely any snow, much less ice. Occasionally I'd go to an ice rink, the one out on Aurora Ave - - what a small, crappy, depressing, stupid ice rink! But a couple of years ago, I went to the ice rink in Bremerton (WA), which is, I have to say, a GORGEOUS ice rink. And then I fell on my back. I lay there for a few minutes, to be sure I was actually OK, and I realized that in one second I could've paralyzed myself for the rest of my life. That was not how I wanted to spend my last 40 years. And I know there will be plenty of die-hard, "live to the max" people who will claim they aren't going to be limited by what what could befall them, but we are not young anymore, we don't bounce like we used to, we don't recover like we used to. And it just isn't worth it to me.

Now ebiking IS worth it to me, however. Better exercise too.

I skated outside as a kid in Detroit and Buffalo, but when we moved to Seattle, there is rarely any snow, much less ice. Occasionally I'd go to an ice rink, the one out on Aurora Ave - - what a small, crappy, depressing, stupid ice rink! But a couple of years ago, I went to the ice rink in Bremerton (WA), which is, I have to say, a GORGEOUS ice rink. And then I fell on my back. I lay there for a few minutes, to be sure I was actually OK, and I realized that in one second I could've paralyzed myself for the rest of my life. That was not how I wanted to spend my last 40 years. And I know there will be plenty of die-hard, "live to the max" people who will claim they aren't going to be limited by what what could befall them, but we are not young anymore, we don't bounce like we used to, we don't recover like we used to. And it just isn't worth it to me.

Now ebiking IS worth it to me, however. Better exercise too.
Now that Seattle is getting an NHL team there will be a big increase in kids learning to skate and playing hockey in that region in the coming years. One distracted driver could end your cycling days also but yeah I finally got rid of my skates this year , although at this moment I regret it. It takes a bit of luck to grow old (-:

Now that Seattle is getting an NHL team there will be a big increase in kids learning to skate and playing hockey in that region in the coming years. One distracted driver could end your cycling days also but yeah I finally got rid of my skates this year , although at this moment I regret it. It takes a bit of luck to grow old (-:
‘Release the Kraken!’ Ya gotta love any team that names itself after a mythical octopus! It should make for some interesting matchups in the Pac Division.

AF920A47-5A82-4258-812D-43F5E97679FE.jpeg

Cool. Not as cool as I thought it was looking at the thumbnail. I thought somebody had put wings on an ebike. 🤣
We have threads on pedal assist boats and snowmobiles, but so far no pedal assist flying machines... maybe a wing suit and fan blades?

Back