SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

[
We are getting off topic, but my first car was a 1950 Plymouth Custom Deluxe. I paid $85 for it in 1963 when I was 16 years old (and had to borrow money from my older brother to pay for it!). At that time I was working part time at a Safeway store earning $1.00 per hour. Gas was selling for about $0.25 per gallon.:D
Right now I can picture the teenage you with a green smock , a bowtie and a crewcut, fetching carts in the parking lot.

My son Asher and I encountered this bovine with enormous horns on our ride today. I've never seen anything like it. He can hardly hold his head up.

20190727_124617.jpg

20190727_124640.jpg

My son Asher and I encountered this bovine with enormous horns on our ride today. I've never seen anything like it. He can hardly hold his head up.

View attachment 35864

View attachment 35865
That looks like more than necessary to attract females or scare off the other males. Is it a result of breeding or can he blame our creator for overdoing it?
I prefer educational bulls like these
1564307382792.jpeg

Last edited:
Ankole - Watusi
Cattle of Kings

The Ankole-Watusi, also known as Ankole Longhorn, is a landrace breed of cattle originally native to Africa. Its large distinctive horns that can reach up to 8 ft (2.4 m) from tip to tip are used for defence and cooling by honeycombs of blood vessels. Ankole-Watusis weigh from 900 to 1,600 pounds (410 to 730 kg).

Living in the savannas and open grasslands, their diet consists of grass and leaves. The variety is sometimes known as Ankole or Watusi and is a type of Sanga cattle.
ankole-watusi_orig.jpg

https://cattleinternationalseries.weebly.com/ankole---watusi.html

This fellow on the park bench is shaping stone and jade creatures. He has been doing it for twenty years. I like his primitive ,prehistoric style.
1564437697284.png

These pipes are for the controversial Kinder Morgan pipeline expansion allowing more Alberta oil to reach tidewater, increasing the current tanker traffic by 700 percent . If I hunched forward I could ride my bike through them. Years ago I thought the world was going to run out of oil by now , but it looks like I was wrong again.
1564438278127.png

Back