Show us pictures of your cockpit!

Yes. Mission Control can display the instant voltage and the current (amperage) during the ride. In the times I was carrying my smartphone on the bars, I looked those parameters up to determine the actual Max Motor Power (electrical) for the specific e-bike/motor, and that was 666 W for my Vado 6.0 (electrical power). Later, I discovered I could get an Excel history file for a recorded ride using the BLEvo app, too, and that file gave V, A, and W at any single moment of the ride (I could have those parameters on the BLEvo dashboard if I wanted). You can -- for instance -- get the actual charge of the battery expressed in Wh as well.

However, the information a normal rider needs is the accurate e-bike battery % (including a Range Extender if applicable), and Specialized e-bikes report that parameter very accurately. For instance, you can see the moment when the SL Range Extender or SL Main Battery goes down below the 5%, the battery is cut off for safety, and the number turns to 0%.

I hold the degree of MSc :)
Multiple SClerosis ???

Master of Science, Process Engineer.
Hey! That's 'MSpe'. You cheated. How'm I supposed to know that?
Sounds interesting. Chemical, agricultural, petrochemical, mineral, food, pharmaceutical ....
We're almost related. When you guys blew it and everything went boom I fixed it !!!
I'm beholden you created so much work.
Dang ! Do you realize if I was Polish we could be cousins?
So what's new in your cockpit ?

Fn'F

common to see deleted responses. Part of it is the sense of humor around here. Other part is to chuckle and move on if not being attacked. Welcome to the internet.....smh
My take's the mundane, all mortally offended will eat each other like zombies.
I came here to see cockpits and it morphed.
I took a few shot's a local big-dog's cockpit. lol.
If it's not funny, you must be one. LOL
20230916_125731[1].jpg

Booted and suited !
Tons of bar real estate.
A Winobiko. Even has a magnifying glass !!!
20230916_125753[1].jpg

Yes. There are handlebars in there. 6 Transistor AM Radio too.
I recognize that Blue and White thing at the bottom of the trailer. It's a Paramedic Stretcher.

20230916_125741[1].jpg

I invited him to contribute on this forum.
Real pain showing him how to use his phone, but making sacrifices so that all can contribute 🤮🤮🤮🤮 is a public duty - or something that's nice (I guess) - so I was told.
I offered to fix his shot-out brakes, but he said he doesn't use them anyway.
Me thinking 'Yeah and new pad's probably'd add some weight'.
He wanted 9v batteries for the radio.
Exhibit A: See what happens to careers that start on a bus?

Fn'F

I finally got my voltmeter installed.

20230930_112709.jpg
20230930_112737.jpg

I like it.
It's really tangible and easy to to read.
You can see the voltage sag under load and bounce back when the motor is cut.

Nice setup!
Do the devices articulate? If not, how do you handle sun glare?
The displays are in a fixed position.

The Bafang display is a colourful and bright display (even set at 50% brightness) so no problem with glare. It is also light sensing, so adjusts brightness for low light and simultaneously turns on the headlight (which can also be turned on manually via the thumb controller)

And the Garmin display is mostly shielded by my upper body and angled towards me so no problems with glare there either.

Few pics of the Frey Beast cockpit. I put a K-Edge gravity mount in place of the stem cap for my Garmin 830, rolled the Bafang display forward on the bars and tucked the stock light up underneath for a neat integrated setup.

View attachment 163677
View attachment 163678View attachment 163679
Clean. Sweet. No clutter.
The DPC 18 display even has a 5v USB on the back.
Couple suggestions. No, not turn the Magura lever clamps right side up. BTDT.
To move rear brake lever outboard requires a twist throttle. I'm partial to Domino. Haven't tried the Magura - yet.
Useless to some, who only ride off-road - esp. with that beast's power.
I published the bypass resistor set-up that increases ramp-up. It works.
Nice machine. I'm partial to G510 Frey's.
You guy's running can bus now?

Fn'F

Thanks
USB is on the bottom not the back of the display. Good pickup on the brake lever clamps. I space my front and rear brake levers differently to provide a natural brake bias so happy where the rear lever is. This bike runs the MT5E brakes which I find very good for my use and combined weight.

When I was in contact with Frey back in June/July they advised the Beast was Canbus and the other models used the Uart version of the Ultra. So I’m guessing they didn’t want buyers tweaking the 60v version.

Interesting machine. The CA3 set-up says a lot. Doing it your way.
I can see you gripping on hoods w/ full ergo-control.
Sweet Gravel Bike.
Tough to get stem (steering control bias) length correct w/ drop bars - or any bars, actually.
I like you're conservative ... pro-'control' bias.
My complements for sure!
Fn'F

My g road bike's cockpit. L-R: Brifter adapted to operate dropper seat post, regen button, watt output selector (up to 1000w in 250w increments), bell, throttle and rear gear brifter. CA3 mounted to custom headset spacer plate.

View attachment 165918
Very nice setup it almost looks like a Joy Stick from a video console 😀 mine is pretty simple just a phone holder and a Garmin EDGE

Attachments

• 20231106_092654.jpg
    20231106_092654.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 84
Back