Show us pictures of your cockpit!

Very nice setup it almost looks like a Joy Stick from a video console 😀 mine is pretty simple just a phone holder and a Garmin EDGE
Dumped the ti cap for an adjustable alloy arm (w/ various interfaces in portrait or landscape mode).
Titanium Jones Loop-Bars before I'll buy a Garmin.

20231015_172340[1].jpg

USB charging/ interface to screen

20231103_124235[1].jpg

Doubles (with all due respect) as a lawful 'Class Sticker' holder - now required for all CA e-bikes.

20231015_204320[1].jpg

I like the silicone phone-holders. Even off-road it seems sturdy, but of course it will until the Galaxy 'cartwheels'.

20231103_124116[1].jpg

Archer paddle-shifter - w/ custom match-maker mount - suits my thumb and the Domino throttle constraints.

20230724_182936[1].jpg

Main thing's making my 'occasional use' accessories detachable and quick mounted if I need - the go-pro/ lights, etc. In the past year the bikes seen two days I used lights.
Rear lighting is a simple affair w/ recharge port.
20231108_101012[1].jpg
20231108_101000[1].jpg

And again, CA Vehicle Code Law says (no) "flashing red or blue lights are for emergency vehicles only". So I'm good.
No better than the next, my nod to convenience is a fishing-rod holder. Ironic. It's super-lightweight, but even that's mounted while I finish developing a quick-mount/ detach system.

Mine is simple stealth black only bling are titanium bolts for accents and Kahsima fork. I got it on the hanger to redo the chain adjustments because I tuck the shift cables more inward closer to handle bar and it stress the cable. Now my new chain is jumping from 9th to 10th on the cassette. Simple fix.

Attachments

• 20231108_180928.jpg
    20231108_180928.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 76
  • 20231108_181010.jpg
    20231108_181010.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 20231108_180537.jpg
    20231108_180537.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 79
Gold or silver chain I bought two replace chains.

Attachments

• 20231108_194250.jpg
    20231108_194250.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20231108_193659.jpg
    20231108_193659.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20231108_193648.jpg
    20231108_193648.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 60
Cockpit for my Himiway Cobra Pro:
- NiteRider Enduro Pro 3600 with NiteRider Pro handlebar mount
- Accmor Classic Bike Bell
- ODIER Bike Handlebar extender
- Lepeiqi Bike Handlebar bag (for NiteRider battery)

My ebike:
Himiway Handlebar rear.jpg

The wife's Radcity Step-Thru:
- NiteRider Enduro Pro 1800 with NiteRider Pro handlebar mount
- 1859 Northwest throttle attachment
- SQLab 710 grips
- Impact bike phone holder
- 2X Arundel Looney bottle cage with Cascade Bottle Cage bracket

Radcity handlebar.jpg

Level 2 on a gorgeous day. Was only 81 here yesterday. Took an afternoon ride after I put on new grips.

Attachments

• Level 2.jpg
    Level 2.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 67
Mine is simple stealth black only bling are titanium bolts for accents and Kahsima fork. I got it on the hanger to redo the chain adjustments because I tuck the shift cables more inward closer to handle bar and it stress the cable. Now my new chain is jumping from 9th to 10th on the cassette. Simple fix.
Until recently I had no clue there's a USB port on the back (pointing down - definitely not the bottom) of our display.
Very handy for 5v electronics.
What size chain did you go with? Another member (w/ WW ti bike) is helping me sizing the chain, and I think you said 134 which seems dead-on to me.
We're also using 3mm spacer to move that ring outboard.
Just figuring out the real proper size Bolts was a chore.
Installing a new 52t ring/ M8000 Derailleur and chain I found Bafang's (poison pill) Spider's bias is waaaaay off.
My ring's worn (a lot) on inside, not a scratch on outside.
The chain-line's killing the entire drivetrain (on the double-quick) and it ain't just WW bikes. It's all M620's.
That's the reason X1's are so destructive. The power is being applied unevenly to one side and the reduction of drivetrain lifespan is at least four times greater than even force application, so Chain becomes a buzz-saw.
Like to see some shots of your derailleur in 1st and in 11th gears.
Nice bike Rome.
Cockpit for my Himiway Cobra Pro:
- NiteRider Enduro Pro 3600 with NiteRider Pro handlebar mount

My ebike:
View attachment 166154

The wife's Radcity Step-Thru:
- NiteRider Enduro Pro 1800 with NiteRider Pro handlebar mount
- 1859 Northwest throttle attachment
- SQLab 710 grips
- Impact bike phone holder
- 2X Arundel Looney bottle cage with Cascade Bottle Cage bracket

View attachment 166155
Dang !!! He's got the silicon spider-web holder too !!!
Interesting wire-bottle holders. I'm using formed titanium wire - not tubing - for just that. Had to remove the BS colors w/ acid. Used to be you used 'acid' to see colors - 'till I woke up that I can see in monochrome !!!
Under 30gms ea and stronger than steel (tubing), but not that 'bendable'.
Excellent for Carbon-Fiber 'Bottle bags' and hydration bottles.
20230102_121340[1].jpg
20230217_093502[1].jpg

Works good to carry essential, emergency stuff like Silca T-Ratchet & Ti-Torque Tool Kit- but I need 38gms CO2 cartridges for Gumbo's meats - just to get to 6 - 7 psi. Pretty much a waste to bother with.
Snapped a chain, pushed bike home 6.9miles.
Best workout on a bike I've ever had.
I know I'm not adding 5 - 10 lbs of hi density foam in her brogans. Un-sprung weight completely ruins handling. may as well join Fred Flintstone w/ stone wheels. Those inserts are HEAVY.
Glad Gumbo has FAT knobbies. Wintertime, fill to18lbs, tires warm up to 20 -21psi and ride is superb - for my forks settings.
Being relatively new to (any) bikes, I had no idea they entailed such complexities in balance.
-
All that having ben said, your grip position on the last photo is deadly. That's BMX territory. All 'performance', no 'control.
That bike'll 'tuck' in an instant - even in shallow turns, wheel will cramp and rider WILL go down.
Ans, low speed is the most dangerous.
All that mass on the bars exacerbates the sudden effect even greater.
If that's your wife's bike (choke; cough) be responsible - unless this is about life-insurance or she's a 'Pro-BMX' Grade rider - booted n' suited for wrecks.

Fn'F

20231109_141224[1].jpg
20231109_141450[1].jpg
20231109_141329[1].jpg

There's plenty going on over there!!!
An abundant visual cacophony, and Proof: Drugs won't hurt you !
Truly, I'm overwhelmed, like a kid that went to a 'candy store' - that turned out to be run (amok) by junk-collecting Zombie's on a budget. But these are my people, fellow bikeiacts, regardless the pedalectic power bicycles and 'full security w/ all the home conveniences - like having a detachable, fold-out bait table, doubling for the coffee-pot when out-and-about in the early hours, crank-baiting the Halibut.
20230111_172404[1].jpg
20230111_172553[1].jpg

I tell ya, people are crazy and no accounting for taste !!

Fn'F

Somebody had to do it. Table's under 2lbs, and prepping bait while squatting is a pain. But I was 100yds away for a bit, came back and ants were all over my bike !!!
Put 10lbs on it's stable. Like most of Gumbo's accessories it's quick-detachable.
Really bummed me out to install that ugly phone holder - 3 beautiful titanium caps, She's not needing ugly logos.
I think I'll use acid and remove all the anodize - like done w/ the wire bottle holders.
Damn. You told me I was an idiot. Considering the amount of work and chemicals involved, I agree.
But formed titanium wire - not tubing - is rare and exotic. 35gms and far stronger than 65gm tube stock cages.
I do agree it looks 'dainty' on Gumbo - esp w/ that honkin' Mastodon Fork (lol).
I bought all of the last run made - and had to remove the rainbow BS. I mean really?
It took a separate dip in acid/ rinse to remove each individual (tempering) color layer and a lot of sanding to make perfect - 100% corrosion-proof w/ ti washers and bolts.
Holds my bottles in the best place possible and no ugly back-plate blocking Gumbo's sexy lines.
20231113_154542[1].jpg
20231113_154554[1].jpg
20231113_170929[1].jpg

I keep hearing some of ti framed WW bikes coming up for sale.
You might be the wise guy that paid 1/2 my cost, and have an X1.
Powerful (EBR members) riders pull near 100 miles on 16amps.
If I had a chance to have (at 1/3 the investment) my childhood sweetheart, I'd jump on it.
Only caveat is stay w/ the Shimano chain drive.

Fn'F

Here’s my bikepacking e-rig. Yes, I know, I need a longer brake line… just swapped handlebars, so I’ll do that next.View attachment 166794View attachment 166792
How do you find the Jones Bars and which bag is that?
I found w/ stock (as I recall, 60mm stem) the JB's geometry placed my grip right about where a BMX bike would be - behind the fork cap.
After a more than a few wheel tuck incidents at low speed and suffering twitchy behavior (esp. in long sweeping turns) at 20 - 25mph - and a good deal of research - I tried an 85mm stem that altered the grip slightly in front the fork cap.
One could probably go w/ 80mm and the grip would be at about dead neutral - w/ slightly increased 'response', and slightly reduced 'control'.
The change was pretty big. All handling problems disappeared.
Now, I'm using some Moloko's on that bike - and a 65mm stem. A string tied at the center between the grips shows the bias is about the same as w/ JB's and an 85mm.
Longer brake line: the stuff on your front end will create a good deal of 'fork swing', and yes it'll damage that hose, but you know that and damn you did a nice job staying lightweight, like the mount for the bag-holder.
-
Un-sprung weight is a big deal: Anything weighting the wheel down below the shock's a no-no in (esp. high-performance) cars. That's why lightweight wheels are so important. We're talking ozs., not lbs, on 2000 - 2500lb, 350 - 450hp vehicles being driven, uh, rather vigorously.
All weight carried below the shock absorber is termed 'un-sprung'.
Bike shocks're not designed to be ripped open (by added lbs) on every rebound. Ride goes screwy - but you must know that by riding that machine bagless vs bagged w/ some weight.
Regardless, with your saddle that high you must be 6-7", with plenty of strength to horse that machine around.
Fork Crown's a good attachment point and lower tubes - not so much.

Fn'F

Last edited:
Fn’F…. The bag is a Jones bag, made to fit their handlebar.

You’re right about the stem length, I’ll be looking into that next.
I like the Joes Bars, been using them for about a year now, on a different bike.

Back