Show us pictures of your cockpit!

From today. A steel town bike that does not look electric but cooks. It got a half-link chain last night that is 3x stronger than a regular chain.

Attachments

• UnionJack08.JPG
    UnionJack08.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 234
  • UnionJack07.JPG
    UnionJack07.JPG
    639.1 KB · Views: 229
I prefer an uncluttered, minimalist look to my cockpit. The N-Lock stem piece is also a nice security feature and makes storage easier.
cockpit.JPG

What bike is this, and how many steering stem extenders are on it?
Its a Bullitt. High-performance (nimble) front loader cargo bike. Front loaders are dramatically more stable with the same load vs. a midtail or a longtail (I have BBSHD builds of all three types). The Bullitt is 2wd and built custom from a frame kit, with an added sub-floor battery box so I don't have battery security issues locking the thing up outside of a store.

No stem extenders. Steering tube is a single big sucker coming up from under the bike and built to be that way. An adult passenger can sit in the box (they sell working seats that bolt to the floor). Uses a Satori Easy-Up so if a passenger or tall cargo is in the box, you can lift the handlebars about 20 cm or so. Its in the down position now.

This pic shows the whole bike with the Jones bars on. Different long grips than before, too.

PXL_20210318_223651227_cropped.jpg

Its a Bullitt. High-performance (nimble) front loader cargo bike. Front loaders are dramatically more stable with the same load vs. a midtail or a longtail (I have BBSHD builds of all three types). The Bullitt is 2wd and built custom from a frame kit, with an added sub-floor battery box so I don't have battery security issues locking the thing up outside of a store.

No stem extenders. Steering tube is a single big sucker coming up from under the bike and built to be that way. An adult passenger can sit in the box (they sell working seats that bolt to the floor). Uses a Satori Easy-Up so if a passenger or tall cargo is in the box, you can lift the handlebars about 20 cm or so. Its in the down position now.

This pic shows the whole bike with the Jones bars on. Different long grips than before, too.

View attachment 83566
That is one crazy looking e-bike. Never seen one like it. But I think you need another cable lock. :p

View attachment 83566
Great looking cargo bike! How is it on steep hills? Long term I'm tempted to get a cargo ebike but this configuration with load on the front might not be great here as its all really steep & narrow hill roads. I was thinking of getting one to do the weekly shop instead of the car. It's a 20 mile round trip with 3000+ft climbing each way.

That is one crazy looking e-bike. Never seen one like it. But I think you need another cable lock. :p
Hah! you can NOT have too many locks! The noosed chain is held to the rack with the front 16mm U lock, and the rear also-16mm U is just on there to say 'go steal a car it'll be faster'
Great looking cargo bike! How is it on steep hills? Long term I'm tempted to get a cargo ebike but this configuration with load on the front might not be great here as its all really steep & narrow hill roads. I was thinking of getting one to do the weekly shop instead of the car. It's a 20 mile round trip with 3000+ft climbing each way.
Steep hills: Its an animal. Frontloaders in the EU are very common as utility haulers. Bullitts in particular are known for being fast and nimble and despite the freight-train look they actually are just that. Steering is a bit twitchy but you adapt after a day or so.

Note this bike is an AWD. I am in the process of writing it up as part of my AWD series, and next month I plan on doing a comparison of mid-tail, longtail and frontloader and compare their hi and low points. More traditionally these bikes are motorized with BBS02's in places where there are hills, and coupled to smart gearing (mine is SRAM GX 11 spd and 11-42 in the back). I have a half-dozen BBSHD'd bikes so I stick with that to keep my spare parts common. So it can climb... but the stability of that center load really has to be experienced to be believed. On my Surly Big Fat Dummy I have had it to about 560 lbs total using 2x138L panniers and no way, no how is it as stable as the frontloader. the Surly to ride safely at that load is good at maybe 8 mph and you are sweating bullets crossing streets and re-starting from a stop at a light. The frontloader... its almost a non issue. Its really amazing. I absolutely love my longtail but there's a reason frontloaders are so popular, albeit not in the US.
IMG_20200327_123439.jpg
PXL_20201204_010058004.jpg

From left to right, Bontrager grips, bosch controller, Aliexpress rechargeable flashing light, Rubber Chicken Pedestrian Warning System, Supernova M99 Mini-Pro headlight, Delta Hefty+ phone holder, Headlight high beam switch.

Attachments

• 20210403_145921.jpg
    20210403_145921.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 20210403_145911.jpg
    20210403_145911.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 220
OMG! The place where I got that Chocolate thingy is addictive and it is bike friendly. This is what 'salad' looks like.
View attachment 88460View attachment 88461

Back on topic, here is the cockpit of a Mid-80's bike I just made electric.
Your patrons ride to the beat of a different drummer than the EBR members for certain. Do you notice an age group buying these stealth builds?

Your patrons ride to the beat of a different drummer than the EBR members for certain. Do you notice an age group buying these stealth builds?
@Art Deco, None are in their 20's. The patrons are mostly in their late 50's. Some are octogenarians. Some in their mid-thirties. I made one recently for a young man who is cognitively disabled, lives in a group home and collects recycling in a trailer (after giving him lots of time and talking to his trusted advisors). Some own multiple estates and are world citizens. A guy who I helped last year with a low cost tune up on an old bike is getting a stealthy cargo creation for himself and a sporty one for his girlfriend. After months of group rides and test rides a German friend is selling his spanking new Ultra to have one made just for him. It is mostly word of mouth with converted evangelists sending their friends to be saved. Here is that old blue one again. Which picture does not belong?

Attachments

• GTBlue05.JPG
    GTBlue05.JPG
    362.9 KB · Views: 189
  • GTBlue06.JPG
    GTBlue06.JPG
    441.6 KB · Views: 215
  • HBmesses01.jpg
    HBmesses01.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 217
  • GTBlue02.JPG
    GTBlue02.JPG