Vado SL 4.0 EQ:

1643727266140.png

L to R:
  • Mirrycle
  • Ergon GP2 grips
  • SQlab Innerbarends 411
  • Vado handlebar remote
  • "Navigation smartphone" in Spigen Armour Case, mounted on a Spigen MF-100
  • A GoPro compatible mount, holding the stock Lezyne headlight.
  • Redshift ShockStop stem with Redshift Computer Mount, and Wahoo ELEMNT Roam
  • Specialized Simple Bell
  • Shifter
  • Innerbarend, Ergon.

I took a $299 US bike from Target called a Gateway and gave it a 85Nm motor and added details such as better brakes. The goal of the cockpit was to make it clean, comfy, and user friendly without distractions. The display only shows two things battery level and power level.

The second bike I used today to drop a 29' hub-drive wheel, battery and the rest of the kit to a disabled person who cannot afford a mid-drive and lives in a flat area. It is dark but you can see the wheel strapped to the left side. The goal of that cockpit was to remove everything that is not needed to make it supper clean. It will be used in place of a car for things like shopping and transporting two super cute kids. I am getting a non-working Mundo in the exchange today and he will transfer over the kid transport accessories. It has 90Nm on tap from the torque sensor and a premium 504Wh battery.
1643748420292.jpeg

1643748960109.jpeg

Work in progress

10414EEB-AB00-4CE6-80C9-C568F58C76D7.jpeg

It’s a mess, but it’s my mess. Lol

From left to right….
Famous myrrcycle mirror
Brake lever (should I really even)
Light controller (turn signal included)
Kd218 display
Bell
Gear shifter
Brake lever
Half twist throttle

On handlebar extender

Wireless phone holder/charger (tapped off wiring from display)
Keyed ignition (wired in front of display, so key is needed to send power to display)

I may get rid of the keyed ignition and use a switch instead. Maybe I can install/hide the switch under the bike seat, or somewhere else.

Gravel and Sport Cockpits. Same Mirrcycle on Sport as Gravel

Attachments

• Gravel cockpit.jpg
    Gravel cockpit.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Sport cockpit.jpg
    Sport cockpit.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Aesthetically clean or crammed with all imaginable gadgets? Show us pictures of your cockpit!

View attachment 44317
The cockpit of my Lovelec Diadem is totally crammed, partly because of the optical gear indicators that take up a lot of space. Besides, I don't know how to turn the handlebar grips to more appropriate position. Advices?

View attachment 44318
The Vado's cockpit is clean. I don't even need to mount the CatEye headlight as the original 600 lm lamp is strong enough.

Aesthetically clean or crammed with all imaginable gadgets? Show us pictures of your cockpit!

View attachment 44317
The cockpit of my Lovelec Diadem is totally crammed, partly because of the optical gear indicators that take up a lot of space. Besides, I don't know how to turn the handlebar grips to more appropriate position. Advices?

View attachment 44318
The Vado's cockpit is clean. I don't even need to mount the CatEye headlight as the original 600 lm lamp is strong enough.
From top left, alarm dongle, 48v headlamp,48v horn (red button), display, GPS, throttle.
The throttle is hard to see (thumb) and also hard to see the watt meter left of the GPS label and below the 3 storage bags.
Forgot about the barely viable garage door opener, on the top bag and the action camera remote, on the bottom bag.
fullsizeoutput_16b.jpeg

Last edited:
ControlsMay2022.jpeg

Still somewhat WIP, but I think pretty much done other I wish I could replace the goofy-shaped controller pad.
MIrrcycle mirror, Ergon GA1 grips, control pad, G2 brakes using a MMX clamp for single clamp with SDG Tells dropper remote, Victogen light (cheap, but I like the mount, quick on/off), display, brakes with MMX mounted GX shifter on single clamp, throttle, bell, grip with GraniteStash tubeless repair kit inside right bar end.

My wife needed quick and convenient access to her phone for the sole purpose of taking photos and didn’t wish to carry it on her person, hence the Quad Lock out front mount and universal adaptor. She also has the ability to attach her Cygolite Metro below. A wireless Cateye Strada Slim is strapped to the stem of her Creo which meets all of her basic on-the-fly requirements in a bike computer. I mounted the TCU road remotes to the tops of the bars on either side at her personal request.
View attachment 97251
View attachment 97252View attachment 97253
Old thread I know but it brought up a new question. Would you trust the Quad Lock Universal mount to safely attach the DJI RC controller?? Might be another option........

Old thread I know but it brought up a new question. Would you trust the Quad Lock Universal mount to safely attach the DJI RC controller?? Might be another option........
For a lightweight smart phone, yes though I might question whether or not the adhesive would be able to maintain its hold on something heavier like the RC over time. I guess one could always attach a tether to the RC for some added reassurance. I’ve since swapped out the QL mount on her bike for a Peak Design magnetized quick release catch mount but her phone still relies on a universal adapter. She feels that it better suits her needs as it’s far easier to remove and attach the phone to the mount.

IMG_20230121_1941307.jpgIMG_20230121_1941464.jpgIMG_20230121_1943036.jpgIMG_20230121_1941569.jpg

View of my iPhone on the new GoCycle G4. I’m really liking it for around town (and likely other towns from the boat).

Attachments

• E6C784E9-54D7-4782-A937-E1B9584FF086.jpeg
    E6C784E9-54D7-4782-A937-E1B9584FF086.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 120
This is the before pic, it looks alot different now . Unfortunately I just had knee surgery so it might be a bit for the updated version. I do though like a busy cockpit with my music which doesn't show in that pic.
20221227_111242_resized.jpg

For a lightweight smart phone, yes though I might question whether or not the adhesive would be able to maintain its hold on something heavier like the RC over time. I guess one could always attach a tether to the RC for some added reassurance. I’ve since swapped out the QL mount on her bike for a Peak Design magnetized quick release catch mount but her phone still relies on a universal adapter. She feels that it better suits her needs as it’s far easier to remove and attach the phone to the mount.

View attachment 150319View attachment 150320View attachment 150321View attachment 150322
Makes sense. I was hoping to use one mount for either the phone or the controller but I see that wouldn't work using the Quad Lock. Anyway, I've decided to go with what I have. A little bit crowded but it works.

IMG_0031.jpg

Back