Show us pictures of your cockpit!

in-flight movie
Why would one want to watch a movie while ridding a bike? For the most part my black & white displays show only two things, power level and predictive battery charge. The white bike was awaiting Bontrager grips. The second bike is a Bafang SO2 with a color display. I think the minimalist approach is more difficult but worth it. The weird wire is the dropper on the black bike.

Attachments

• CargoMotorLowStep2JPG.JPG
    CargoMotorLowStep2JPG.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 107
  • BBS02Trek5.JPG
    BBS02Trek5.JPG
    281.8 KB · Views: 108
  • BBS02Trek6.JPG
    BBS02Trek6.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 105
Why would one want to watch a movie while ridding a bike? For the most part my black & white displays show only two things, power level and predictive battery charge. The white bike was awaiting Bontrager grips. The second bike is a Bafang SO2 with a color display. I think the minimalist approach is more difficult but worth it. The weird wire is the dropper on the black bike.
Only entertainment I need on a ride is music. Makes for a nice cruise.

is that a dvd player?
Ha ha, no it's a controller for the DJI drone. I was responding to Prairie Dog who also likes taking drone photos while out and about. I'm just getting into the follow modes and I don't want to ride a bike one handed while holding the controller with the other. Can't fathom anyone even thinking of watching a movie while riding a bike. I couldn't even stand listening to music while riding when I tried that. Lasted about 20 minutes and then decided i liked the sounds of my surroundings better but each to his own.

I couldn't even stand listening to music while riding when I tried that. Lasted about 20 minutes and then decided i liked the sounds of my surroundings better but each to his own.
Couldn't agree more. Also not interested in listening to other people's music when I ride.

We get our share of blaring Bluetooth speakers on bikes around here. I'm normally a non-violent guy, but these yahoos make me fantasize about handlebar-mounted bazookas.

love the DJI controller on the bars :D

but i cannot say i love all the multiple devices and cables and wires that everyone is rocking! to each their own but i'm a minimalist. i've standardized on this exact same setup for my e-bike and just-a-bike, exact same one piece carbon handlebars, exact same SP-connect mounting system (custom 3d printed to use the embedded anchor in the bars!)

rider power? yep. heart rate? yep. rear-view radar display? yep (the green bar on the left of the screen), navigation, maps, speed, time, cadence, left-right pedal balance (on the just-a-bike), grade, upcoming grade / ride cross section, motor power/battery/power level customization (on the e-bike)... not to mention slack, email, texts, phone, strava, atellite emergency beacon, mobile pay, all in that little rectangle :D

works great with gloves - at least the kind that people in this mild climate wear.

4951-popos-1024.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking for a phone mount and this forum has a lot of nice ideas.
I was advised, and on my first bike I had to learn the hard way. Now I cling to the philosophy that replacement - upgrades - be titanium, or the same or lighter than what I'm replacing.
My Cross Tour' s Cockpit came with Moloko Bars, I switched to Jones Bars and lost a pound.
Titanium Headset, spacers, clamp, all bolts; wiring consolidation mods were a start.

20221121_122359[1].jpg
20221120_183137[1].jpg

Moving forward modified the Headset Cap, 'this-n-that and wrapped some Leh Buffalo Hide on the bars - where I grab.
Titanium wire (35Gms ea. w ti bolts) bottle cages.
Archers new paddle shifter; Magura matchmaker for the M7-e's - since replaced. The Domino throttle (a first for WW) is difficult to align.
There's a hidden pushbutton, latching switch in the right (throttle side) bar-end that disables the throttle. A lot of reasons.

20230309_141456[1].jpg

Still a bit 'busy for my taste. Latest iteration has the display out front. The left bar side is open-end for the Cycle Star mirror's I'm testing.

20230412_164929[1].jpg

Rarely driving at night, I can install my (1.8 - 3.6lbs - if I run two) 6-hr blasting lights (w/ 18650's)/ or Go-Pro clamps only when I need them.
-
A big reason for Jones bars is the real estate to mount stuff. Going from the head-clamp w/ an adapter is dead. The angle's wrong - they're for drop-bars, hunched over looking straight down - otherwise, the titanium Mensola by Silca would be my No.1 choice.
If I have to bend my neck, it's the wrong angle. A dart of the eyes is so much safer and I need every advantage I can get.
I have to mention Kom Cycling clamps - with their stick-on plug adapter for phones. Not very costly. Probably what I'll buy.

Ride on !!!

Fn'F

Attachments

• 20230116_183620[1].jpg
    20230116_183620[1].jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 76
Couldn't agree more. Also not interested in listening to other people's music when I ride.

We get our share of blaring Bluetooth speakers on bikes around here. I'm normally a non-violent guy, but these yahoos make me fantasize about handlebar-mounted bazookas.
Hey, I live Downtown and 100% support that message.

lol, not a roadblock, there was just a cop or ranger driving by with his lights on.

edit: not carmel, san francisco. passing baker beach.
Last time I was in SF for a ballgame, we did a hike before the game. Just randomly parked and started the hike. Little did we know we were at Baker Beach which I think I heard is a nude beach. Interesting scenery! 3 naked dude's were shoveling sand and we caught that view from behind. Kind of startled us...

Last time I was in SF for a ballgame, we did a hike before the game. Just randomly parked and started the hike. Little did we know we were at Baker Beach which I think I heard is a nude beach. Interesting scenery! 3 naked dude's were shoveling sand and we caught that view from behind. Kind of startled us...

haha lol, one end of it (the part nearest the golden gate) is clothing optional, afaik. i’ve never seen much actual nudity there, and the main stretch (near the entrances) where i go with my kids all the time is definitively standard beach attire.

Lived in Oakland Hills, Canyon, Piedmont and Orinda for years. West Bay's too cold/ windy for nudity comfort.
Big Sur is nice. Pardington Ridge and canyon, but skinny-dippers would get raided in the park area. Great fun for the rangers.
Nobody wears clothes at the Hot Springs in Eselan. After 10pm it's open to local residents, I saw Grace Slick naked !!!
Not about fishing for sex, showing off - though all my life since 16 I've stayed buffed - or anything except being naked and feeling it.
Naturally, sex-crazed pervs looking to score are reviled by hetero-nudists. But of course - with whole families of 7 - 40 year-olds all laughing, enjoying the water and sun - the balding, 'fish-belly' types with a lisp stand out. That (little bitty) swollen member is a dead giveaway.
But yeah. You're in 'the city'. Naked men twerking is to be expected - esp if male are children around.
Couldn't live in SF in the 70's and know I still couldn't.

Fn'F

Basic Garmin & Phone holder but thinking of removing the phone holder

Attachments

• 20230226_130747.jpg
    20230226_130747.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 95
Back