Show us pictures of your cockpit!

my take on a minimalist cockpit

Here is my recumbent cockpit. The large display is the ebike display. The small display is my old Elemnt gps display. I added the black bar to hold the 3 ebike controls.

Attachments

• AAA4D526-1391-4058-B7A2-6F7E97D55BEA.jpeg
    AAA4D526-1391-4058-B7A2-6F7E97D55BEA.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 405
The latest upgrade to my Good Ole Mule cockpit: The Ergon GP5 grips. Unfortunately, the Mirrycles had to go below the handlebars, which I don't like.
The old grips were fairly good and even ergonomic but they suffered from the bike crash and didn't look good. The horns would hopefully help my hands rest during long steady segments of my rides.
1587478609276.png

The Monster, or my Giant Trance E+ 2 Pro

1589537199759.png

Grace (a friend) serving as an active bike stand 🤣 I'm adding the Ergon GP3 grips, and the RideControl Evo display. The saddle has been already changed to Selle Royal eZone.

1589537385695.png

Since my routes will include some of public roads, I share the lighting with my Lovelec, and found the mirror necessary.

Last edited:
I missed the mirror but hey two gamins. one record my wife ride (this is a tandem) and one record mine. my wife is blind so its easier if I do it. so hers sends her info to the Garmin app and strava. and mine will do the same also tracking our rides. the light is linked to her garmin it turns the light on and off when i turn the garmin on and off. also in the day the light will blink and as it gets dark it comes on steady. the brightness also changes with our speed faster we go the brighter it gets. the bike has a pretty good built in light but it is not quite bright enough so I use it to lighten after out and this one to light clover to the bike spot it does not shine in drivers faces. my Garmin controls the garmin radar. I move it to my commuter bike along with the radar. I have a bell but I gave one to my wife for her to ring so she does not get lazy.

IMG_1701.jpg

What is exactly this Bosch display, @fooferdoggie? Are you happy with it? Does it offer a smartphone connectivity?
Also, the bars seem to be quite wide; what is the width?

I missed the mirror but hey two gamins. one record my wife ride (this is a tandem) and one record mine. my wife is blind so its easier if I do it. so hers sends her info to the Garmin app and strava. and mine will do the same also tracking our rides. the light is linked to her garmin it turns the light on and off when i turn the garmin on and off. also in the day the light will blink and as it gets dark it comes on steady. the brightness also changes with our speed faster we go the brighter it gets. the bike has a pretty good built in light but it is not quite bright enough so I use it to lighten after out and this one to light clover to the bike spot it does not shine in drivers faces. my Garmin controls the garmin radar. I move it to my commuter bike along with the radar. I have a bell but I gave one to my wife for her to ring so she does not get lazy.

View attachment 68964
It's a flight deck for both pilot and copilot. Coolness.

What is exactly this Bosch display, @fooferdoggie? Are you happy with it? Does it offer a smartphone connectivity?
Also, the bars seem to be quite wide; what is the width?
it is the the intuvia and nope no connections. it is the next step from purion. it does show how much power the bike is putting out but thats all the detail it has compared to the purion. the bars are about normal. I cut them down a bit when it put them on. my wife are too wide but I don't want to remove the bar tame to shorten them.

At the end of my handlebars on the left is my Mirrycle mirror, but my cockpit is pretty basic. Extra headlight that pulses and a cheap bell that I find myself using almost every day as I pedal past walkers or acoustics...

Attachments

• Sport bars.jpg
    Sport bars.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 351
it is the the intuvia and nope no connections. it is the next step from purion. it does show how much power the bike is putting out but thats all the detail it has compared to the purion. the bars are about normal. I cut them down a bit when it put them on. my wife are too wide but I don't want to remove the bar tame to shorten them.
I looked up your Gepida Thoris and it is an exceptional tandem e-bike!

I looked up your Gepida Thoris and it is an exceptional tandem e-bike!
it has some low end parts though and the gearing was a bit wonky. like my wife would be peddling 10 rpms faster then me.the brakes were a step below deore and only 180mm rotors. but it was more of a casual bike then what we use it for, some some grearing changes like a bigger chainring in back and a 11-42 cassette and a good brake upgrade deore 4 piston with 203 rotors did wonders. bar changes and such were just personal. but it was on sale for 3700 so its hard to complain about the price. but it would be better with the motor in the rear so the pedals are locked together. my wife had to learn how really control her peddling when we started out she can pedal whole I don't and she would pedal way to fast when starting and such.

It was very good you made the upgrades. Buying a tandem e-bike, and with a mid-drive motor is not that easy! I'm happy you both can cycle together! ❤️

Back