Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

1683511179244.jpeg

Hall of Justice at the state capitol in Lansing, Michigan during Covid.

I want to shake the hand of the person who can pull this trick off.
And who the heck thought it was a good idea in the first place?!!???

Our local authorities don't encourage it, but the surfers here ride that way when the water's too flat to bother with. Given how attuned they are to wind and waves on their boards, you'd think they'd see the aerodynamic flaw on their bikes.

20230421_130015.jpg

Last edited:
This is more a where you don't ride your ebike.

View attachment 153520
No bikes on the beach for the best 6 months of riding is hard to take, but a beach without shorebirds is unimaginable. What's the compliance like on that sign? You're on Canada's east coast, right?

To my knowledge, no bike bans on beaches here any time of year — yet. But as dog-lovers, we were disappointed to learn that dogs are banned year-round on nearly all San Diego County beaches — even on-leash. That's probably 60 out of 65 miles of prime coastline, and I'm guessing it's largely about the birds. So we comply.

But many ignore the impossible-to-miss signage despite the hefty fines. I've seen a single, very determined Frenchie, illegally off-leash, clear a hundred birds from a half-mile stretch of beach in under 3 minutes.

So far, the beach-riding I've seen here has been pretty responsible, but we have no experience with May-August. I can easily imagine a yahoo tourist on a rented fatty doing the same.

Last edited:
No bikes on the beach for the best 6 months of riding is hard to take, but a beach without shorebirds is unimaginable. What's the compliance like on that sign? You're on Canada's east coast, right?

To my knowledge, no bike bans on beaches here any time of year — yet. But as dog-lovers, we were disappointed to learn that dogs are banned year-round on nearly all San Diego County beaches — even on-leash. That's probably 60 out of 65 miles of prime coastline, and I'm guessing it's largely about the birds. So we comply.

But many ignore the impossible-to-miss signage despite the hefty fines. I've seen a single, very determined Frenchie, illegally off-leash, clear a hundred birds from a half-mile stretch of beach in under 3 minutes.

So far, the beach-riding I've seen here has been pretty responsible, but we have no experience with May-August. I can easily imagine a yahoo tourist on a rented fatty doing the same.
Western OR coast actually. Technically it is illegal to ride ebikes on all beaches on the OR coast even the ones that allow motor vehicles. The only real way you can ride any beach is on the hard sand which is not bird breeding ground due to the ebb and flow of tides but they do nest in the dunes close to the beach which is primarily what these signs are for and only the north section of beach display them.

As far as dogs (mostly off leash) and bicycles go, people, even the gov't types I have run into, use this 3 mile stretch of beach freely although not in great numbers. I have seen Gov't plated vehicles on there as well. I have ridden almost all the beaches that are worth the effort from the Columbia River to below Cape Lookout and never raised an eyebrow.

This guy and I crossed path's yesterday

IMG_2866(1).PNG

He isn't nesting in the dunes though. He was just standing in the water at the edge of the tideline as I approached and while I was getting my phone, while still riding, out for a pic he took off in the opposite direction I was going. Shot from the hip so to speak.

It was a rather hot day riding the singles today but northerly winds made the ride quite bearable and taking shelter in the shade of the forest canopy was a welcome reprieve. The morning was even more pleasant as I took part in the usual training ride with my better half just before breakfast.

Web capture_14-5-2023_192917_ridewithgps.com.jpeg
The trails were busier than normal but that wasn't totally unexpected after all it was Sunday and a gorgeous day to be out.

GH011904 - frame at 2m50s.jpg

GH011905 - frame at 1m30s.jpg

GH011907 - frame at 0m56s.jpg

GH011908 - frame at 0m17s.jpg

There appeared to be more exposed roots along the trails than what I normally see but that might be due in part by an increased number of riders taking advantage of the superb albeit dry ground conditions.

GH011905 - frame at 1m19s.jpg

GH011908 - frame at 5m53s.jpg

GH011914 - frame at 0m43s.jpg

I made several stops along the banks of the Red Deer River as the cool breeze coming off the water was so inviting.

PXL_20230514_174109039.jpg

PXL_20230514_174940116.jpg

It’s finally greening up but what we really need is a solid week of rain to help with the tinder dry conditions in particular those areas in northern AB that are hit hard by the wildfires.

PXL_20230514_184551003.jpg

Back