Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

It was a rather hot day riding the singles today but northerly winds made the ride quite bearable and taking shelter in the shade of the forest canopy was a welcome reprieve. The morning was even more pleasant as I took part in the usual training ride with my better half just before breakfast.

View attachment 153640
The trails were busier than normal but that wasn't totally unexpected after all it was Sunday and a gorgeous day to be out.

View attachment 153642
View attachment 153644
View attachment 153645
View attachment 153646

There appeared to be more exposed roots along the trails than what I normally see but that might be due in part by an increased number of riders taking advantage of the superb albeit dry ground conditions.

View attachment 153650
View attachment 153647
View attachment 153649

I made several stops along the banks of the Red Deer River as the cool breeze coming off the water was so inviting.

View attachment 153651
View attachment 153652

It’s finally greening up but what we really need is a solid week of rain to help with the tinder dry conditions in particular those areas in northern AB that are hit hard by the wildfires.

View attachment 153653
Gorgeous! So sad to see AB burning though... :(

So sad to see AB burning though... :(
I’ll say. I met a friend who also happened to be riding one of the trails today and was evacuated from her home town of Drayton Valley, AB, which was just one of the areas that were put on notice. She told me her home might be far enough from being in danger but was still stressed out over packing up and leaving town. As we all know the winds are so unpredictable and can shift in a blink of an eye. She was staying with a friend here in town while she has to wait another week before she can get the green light to return home.

1684119321846.png

I’ll say. I met a friend who also happened to be riding one of the trails today and was evacuated from her home town of Drayton Valley, AB, which was just one of the areas that were put on notice. She told me her home might be far enough from being in danger but was still stressed out over packing up and leaving town. As we all know the winds are so unpredictable and can shift in a blink of an eye. She was staying with a friend here in town while she has to wait another week before she can get the green light to return home.

View attachment 153669
Brutal.
I was taking a ferry back this morning from doing a gig in Gibsons/Roberts Creek last night. Lovely day, a bit windy, but there was some smoke/haze to be seen. Nothing as bad as in the past (yet) but this is early, and here we go... :(

Brutal.
I was taking a ferry back this morning from doing a gig in Gibsons/Roberts Creek last night. Lovely day, a bit windy, but there was some smoke/haze to be seen. Nothing as bad as in the past (yet) but this is early, and here we go... :(
Northeastern BC (Peace region) is yet another hot spot and as you said it isn’t even summer yet. :(

When I flew out to Cal to buy my Stromer ST1, of course I had to take HER into Yosemite and up to Lake Tahoe before boxing it up and hazmat shipping it to Hawaii.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    449.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    445.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1055.JPG
    IMG_1055.JPG
    621.5 KB · Views: 86
It was a rather hot day riding the singles today but northerly winds made the ride quite bearable and taking shelter in the shade of the forest canopy was a welcome reprieve. The morning was even more pleasant as I took part in the usual training ride with my better half just before breakfast.

View attachment 153640
The trails were busier than normal but that wasn't totally unexpected after all it was Sunday and a gorgeous day to be out.

View attachment 153642
View attachment 153644
View attachment 153645
View attachment 153646

There appeared to be more exposed roots along the trails than what I normally see but that might be due in part by an increased number of riders taking advantage of the superb albeit dry ground conditions.

View attachment 153650
View attachment 153647
View attachment 153649

I made several stops along the banks of the Red Deer River as the cool breeze coming off the water was so inviting.

View attachment 153651
View attachment 153652

It’s finally greening up but what we really need is a solid week of rain to help with the tinder dry conditions in particular those areas in northern AB that are hit hard by the wildfires.

View attachment 153653
eBikes are like dogs, they look happiest outdoors.

With most of the smoke from the wildfires absent for now, I got in another epic ride on the trails today. Air quality index was still rated as low to moderate and you could still see a bit of haze in the sky. We actually received a nice (albeit brief) soak after I returned home which was much needed as conditions are super dry.

PXL_20230519_210910263.jpg

PXL_20230519_205857149.jpg

PXL_20230519_205907297.jpg

PXL_20230519_214043364.jpg

With most of the smoke from the wildfires absent for now, I got in another epic ride on the trails today. Air quality index was still rated as low to moderate and you could still see a bit of haze in the sky. We actually received a nice (albeit brief) soak after I returned home which was much needed as conditions are super dry.

View attachment 154054
View attachment 154052
View attachment 154053
View attachment 154055
Amazing how the terrain changes seemingly so quickly!

Nice!
What time of day is this?
Early afternoon, the trees are pretty thick in this section! We have established quite a few trails that only we ride in our area using old logging trails and game trails. They are on timberland that will sooner or later get clearcut. In fact in this area they recently went through the actual road network and improved upon them by cutting back the sides and installing new rock base so that might be sooner than later.....The forest is also good for collecting mushrooms in the fall.

Some action from yesterday afternoon’s ride. Temp was an ideal 26C and with ground conditions so dry and grippy, there was no way I was going to miss out. No slop, no dust just pure traction. I topped up the reservoir in my pack and headed out for a triple header. Lucky that I ate my shreddies before I left. ;)

Back