Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Right, Mt Hood taken from the Washington side of the Columbia northeast of Portland.
I'm a transplanted midwesterner, lived in the PNW since '94 and love it here.
Today I was testing the front hub motor that I put on my wife's new Biria Easy Boarding bike. It is an old motor that I had sitting around for several years from a failed project to see if I could bike to work once in a while but the motor would just stall out on steep hills where I needed assist. This time I tried it with a new KT controller, it assists on hills, including steep long ones, great now and my wife loves the bike and assist (which she really needs due to orthopedic issues). Too bad about the rat's nest of wires but it was the best I could do.

View attachment 84119

View attachment 84120
Color me impressed, rat's nest or no!

Got up Lookout with my wife before the rain and (at elevation) snow hit today!
2 bikes.jpg
Bellingham.jpg

That looks like the same kind of terrain? Pacific Northwest?
Washington side of the Columbia east of Portland/Vancouver.
Before the pandemic I was planning to ride the Galloping Goose rails to trails route on Vancouver Island. Have you ever done that ride?

Washington side of the Columbia east of Portland/Vancouver.
Before the pandemic I was planning to ride the Galloping Goose rails to trails route on Vancouver Island. Have you ever done that ride?
Yes I say do it when the border is open again! I have thought about making a loop from Vancouver across by ferry into Victoria by the abandoned train line trail and then by Ferry into Port Angeles and down to the Ferry that takes you back across into Seattle. Then return by some inland routes that include Woodinville etc. I have done this trip by car and it is sweet.

Yes I say do it when the border is open again! I have thought about making a loop from Vancouver across by ferry into Victoria by the abandoned train line trail and then by Ferry into Port Angeles and down to the Ferry that takes you back across into Seattle. Then return by some inland routes that include Woodinville etc. I have done this trip by car and it is sweet.
Yes, that can work.

There is a rail trail (Olympic Discover Trail) that goes East from Port Angeles, and from there you can follow Highway 104 over Hood Canal (dispiriting long hill but good shoulder) and go to Bainbridge Island and an easy ferry ride to Seattle.

I'd probably recommend connecting the 520, Sammamish River, North Creek, Interurban, and Centennial Trails, which will get you to Skagit County. From there you can either go directly north or go out to Anacortes and take another boat back to Vancouver Island, and from there you can take still another boat to Tsawwassen and you are almost in Vancouver again.

Yes, that can work.

There is a rail trail (Olympic Discover Trail) that goes East from Port Angeles, and from there you can follow Highway 104 over Hood Canal (dispiriting long hill but good shoulder) and go to Bainbridge Island and an easy ferry ride to Seattle.

I'd probably recommend connecting the 520, Sammamish River, North Creek, Interurban, and Centennial Trails, which will get you to Skagit County. From there you can either go directly north or go out to Anacortes and take another boat back to Vancouver Island, and from there you can take still another boat to Tsawwassen and you are almost in Vancouver again.
Thanks Monsieur Java I will write that down and peruse the google map .

Yes, that can work.

Or if you ever want to pop across the Peace Arch and ride Whatcom County let me know, and I will festoon you with maps!

My Trance spent the day at the LBS where I had them chasing an electrical gremlin. The bike shut down and refused to communicate with the shop’s diagnostic software tool. Giant recommended a new wiring harness in an attempt to solve this mysterious issue. Then without a hint of work performed on it, the Trance powered up the following day all on its own. No error codes were reported and all sensors checked out fine. I’m still befuddled by this anomaly but the shop released the bike so that I could ride it before returning it to have the new harness installed next Monday. I was told to stay on the MUPs in case another power failure shut the system down. I followed their advice for the first hour but decided to play devils advocate and took to one of my favorite single tracks. The bike made it through with flying colors but I must admit that I will likely experience a bit of anxiety every time I ride it even after the warranty repair is completed. :confused:

Back