Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Nice ride along a lake today.... great views since the leaves are all off of the trees. Sorry this pic isn't so scenic due to dock construction, but this is where we parked for lunch! :) The clear vinyl things around my hand grips are my prototype hand shields to keep the wind off of my hands. I was much warmer using them, but will adjust the design a bit for the next round.
Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 8.29.27 PM.png

Nice ride along a lake today.... great views since the leaves are all off of the trees. Sorry this pic isn't so scenic due to dock construction, but this is where we parked for lunch! :) The clear vinyl things around my hand grips are my prototype hand shields to keep the wind off of my hands. I was much warmer using them, but will adjust the design a bit for the next round.
View attachment 28199

Is that Seattle?

The other end of the American Tobacco Trail in Durham, North Carolina. We had snow about a week before, so some of it was still on the trail along with several fallen trees. With my regular bike, I'd likely have stayed inside for the day.

Attachments

• 20181215_141443.jpg
    20181215_141443.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 279
  • 20181215_142004.jpg
    20181215_142004.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 314
  • 20181215_142051.jpg
    20181215_142051.jpg
    857.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 20181215_142059.jpg
    20181215_142059.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 270
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail, Queensland, AU...

My favourite rail trail is rugged rather than beautiful - about as different from the trails above as you could find - but it isn't hard to love and I slip out several times a week to sample it for a few hours.

Just two minutes from home and I'm onto the BVRT with over 160 km of rough track leading inland traversing "bush" and farmland and, as befits an old railway, never missing an opportunity to visit small country towns.
  • Map for this ride: Ride With GPS
  • Choose OSM Cycle to display map with BVRT and other cycleways in purple.
... David

View attachment 22815

View attachment 22816

View attachment 22817

View attachment 24888

Good pictures David. The trail looks terrific.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail, Queensland, AU...

My favourite rail trail is rugged rather than beautiful - about as different from the trails above as you could find - but it isn't hard to love and I slip out several times a week to sample it for a few hours.

Just two minutes from home and I'm onto the BVRT with over 160 km of rough track leading inland traversing "bush" and farmland and, as befits an old railway, never missing an opportunity to visit small country towns.
  • Map for this ride: Ride With GPS
  • Choose OSM Cycle to display map with BVRT and other cycleways in purple.
... David

View attachment 22815

View attachment 22816

View attachment 22817

View attachment 24888

Brisbane River at Colleges Crossing
Ipswich, Queensland, Australia...
2018_12_19_aa.jpg

• Foreground : Right bank of the Brisbane River at Colleges Crossing, Ipswich - more than 80 km upstream from where the river enters Moreton Bay. This is near the tidal limit of the Brisbane River and the water was flowing upstream when I stopped.
  • The tree is a callistemon, commonly called a bottlebrush.
  • If you look carefully, you might just make out a pelican (white dot near centre of photo) perched in a tree on the opposite bank of the Brisbane River. There were a dozen more further upstream.
2018_12_19_bb.jpg

Map for this ride: Ride with GPS - photos at just past 22 km (lawn) and 24 km (beach). As this ride was from home, Ride with GPS's privacy zone hides the actual start and finish, giving the impression that we live in someone else's house!

Last edited by a moderator:
No pics today, but a very unseasonably warm winter day (hit 63f) made for a fabulous 21 mile commute home, with stunning piled up clouds getting side-lit while lower darker storm clouds added contrast. The long ride was to bolster my new self perception as a badass, since on the morning commute in I suffered my first ever bike crash (a slide-out / fall-over due to a slick, wet manhole cover).

No pics today, but a very unseasonably warm winter day (hit 63f) made for a fabulous 21 mile commute home, with stunning piled up clouds getting side-lit while lower darker storm clouds added contrast. The long ride was to bolster my new self perception as a badass, since on the morning commute in I suffered my first ever bike crash (a slide-out / fall-over due to a slick, wet manhole cover).
glad you are still in one piece and welcome to the crash club!

Lovely day - overnight rain so the tracks weren't too loose, but sunshine and not too hot. This is " the trig" , a nice place to rest and decide if we have the energy to tackle the challenging loop ahead.

Attachments

• D35D0F00-F297-416D-B249-5178817633D7.jpeg
    D35D0F00-F297-416D-B249-5178817633D7.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 275
I rode the Centennial Trail for 52 miles yesterday on the solstice. The day before we had a wicked storm come through with winds to 75mph. The trail was covered with cones, twigs, branches and trees...what a mess after the big blow.

View attachment 28283 View attachment 28284 View attachment 28285 View attachment 28286 View attachment 28287 View attachment 28288 View attachment 28289
When I ride trails stashed in my trunk bag is a small folding Felco saw. It has come in handy on a few occasions..

Attachments

• 8CFE0A49-09D4-4AFA-87D3-3116FDBAFB64.png
    8CFE0A49-09D4-4AFA-87D3-3116FDBAFB64.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 201
When I ride trails stashed in my trunk bag is a small folding Felco saw. It has come in handy on a few occasions..

I've carried one of those for years on the motorbike - great tool. I never thought to carry it on the mtb because lifting the bike over trees is easier than cutting through them, but I guess cutting obstructions would be nicer for other trail users - I might look at a way to strap one to the bike. ( I refuse to carry rigid things in my camelback - being impaled scares me)

I rode the Centennial Trail for 52 miles yesterday on the solstice. The day before we had a wicked storm come through with winds to 75mph. The trail was covered with cones, twigs, branches and trees...what a mess after the big blow.

You're having the best retirement life. Getting back to good health, enjoying the bike rides and nature...Consider yourself blessed! :)

Back