You can buy it in USA. Guitars are marked "USA ONLY", so I cannot import one as I am in Canada.
Older guitars with Braz are available here used.
its not Dalbergia nigra though only if they come from old stock. the wood cant be imported its very endangered. but other woods are called Brazilian rosewood. I mean when they used it for railroad ties it tells you it was exploited. all the old stanly planes had it for their totes. even 30 years ago it was on the banned list. but other woods like pretty much the same. but they dont smell the same when you cut it. I dont even remember what tool I made from it. something small as the pieces I had had rot in them I had to work around. this may be it but I dont think so. https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/knight-toolworks-rosewood-razee-scrub-plane

Last edited:
its not Dalbergia nigra though only if they come from old stock. the wood cant be imported its very endangered. but other woods are called Brazilian rosewood. I mean when they used it for railroad ties it tells you it was exploited. all the old stanly planes had it for their totes.
It is Dalbergia Nigra if it is a PRS guitar (my fav) and correct, it's old stock. They bought a pile of it before it became restricted.

It is Dalbergia Nigra if it is a PRS guitar (my fav) and correct, it's old stock. They bought a pile of it before it became restricted.
yep but I bet there is none out there but illegal stuff now. I was blown away when I got these pieces for some tools. but man this was one of the only woods that really got to me the dust from it. smelled great though but really strong.

yep but I bet there is none out there but illegal stuff now. I was blown away when I got these pieces for some tools. but man this was one of the only woods that really got to me the dust from it. smelled great though but really strong.
Lots of players swear by it, sadly I have no experience with it. That's OK, wallet intact...

dont think its the same the true one is Dalbergia nigra and it is very endangered.so most of what you see out there is not the real thing. but you can see how they used it when they made railroad ties from it in the heyday.
I heard that long ago they were using black gum (eucalyptus) for RR ties in California. Apparently they all rotted out in a year or two. For supreme rot resistance, black locust is hard to beat.

eucalyptus
1709748375059.png

1000037934.jpeg

Instead of getting the 30ah battery for my C.C. I got a new '23 Frontier instead. This tool will get me further than my old Mitsubishi. Working on getting a ride88 bed rack that works with the utility track. This was me testing different ways the bike would fit.

View attachment 172953

Instead of getting the 30ah battery for my C.C. I got a new '23 Frontier instead. This tool will get me further than my old Mitsubishi. Working on getting a ride88 bed rack that works with the utility track. This was me testing different ways the bike would fit.
Nice truck. I wanted to trade up on our 10 yr old Frontier to a ’24 but the missus who didn’t want to part with it nixed any possible deal. With less than 70K km on the odometer, we’ll likely hang on to it for a few more years.

I made my own spoke weights to balance my wheels.
I was getting a speed wobble when I was riding no-hands.

20240528_153841.jpg
20240528_153211.jpg

Brass spoke weights are too much money,..

Screenshot_20240528-153451_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I replaced my stock nobby tires with Schwalbe Super Moto-X 27.5" X 2.8".
The tires had a slight wobble and were out of round.

My rims were almost perfectly true, and the tire bead alignment lines were dead on, but the tire tread was all over the place.
I had to warp my rims to straighten out the tire and counterweight the high spots to stop the wobble.

20240528_160852.jpg
20240528_160834.jpg

20240525_204906.jpg

Last edited:
I made my own spoke weights to balance my wheels.
I was getting a speed wobble when I was riding no-hands.

View attachment 176682View attachment 176683

Brass spoke weights are too much money,..

View attachment 176684

I replaced my stock nobby tires with Schwalbe Super Moto-X 27.5" X 2.8".
The tires had a slight wobble and were out of round.

My rims were almost perfectly true, and the tire bead alignment lines were dead on, but the tire tread was all over the place.
I had to warp my rims to straighten out the tire and counterweight the high spots to stop the wobble.

View attachment 176686View attachment 176687
View attachment 176688

I think you may want to repost this in the Smoking Vado thread.
Balancing doesn't come into play until you approach high way speeds.
Just give your wheels a truing as things will get worse fast if out

I think you may want to repost this in the Smoking Vado thread.
😂

Balancing doesn't come into play until you approach high way speeds.

If I leaned the bike over on the side stand, and spun up the wheel, the bike would shake, shimmy and roll. 😂

I barely noticed anything while riding, even riding no-hands, but when I strapped my ~14 pound battery to the rear rack, the bike would go into a Nasty speed wobble.
I could ride it out at ~20 kph but anything over 30 kph, I had to grab the bars before I went out of control.

Riding no-hands is what it's all about for me.
I can leave the spare battery at home but I want to extend my range and cycle through my 3 batteries using 80% charge.

Well,.. I trued the wheels by detruing the rims to compensate for warped bulging tires. 😂

The front wheel was easy to balance, because the heaviest part of the wheel would settle at the bottom, so I could put the solder on the spoke opposite the heavy spot.

The rear hub motor has too much drag, and I couldn't find the heavy spot, so I placed the weight opposite of the high spot on the tire.

I've still got Flat-Out to put in the tires, but I didn't want it sloshing around inside the tire while I'm trying to true and balance it.

It felt Really Wrong to warp a perfectly true rim to accommodate a warped tire, but it seems to have done the trick.
I haven't riden it yet, but it feels WAY Better now when I spin up the tire leaning on the kickstand.

that means you need to reseatt the tire. and make sure the bead is even.

The bead is even.
The rim line indicators are aligned within 1 mm.

Images_FAQ_FAQ_Detailseite_Montage_montage_reifen_zentrieren_en.jpg

20240528_153841.jpg

But the center of the tread was off by more than 3 mm, and there are high spots on the tire of more than 2 mm.

I managed to get the center of the tread straightened within 1 mm but there's not much I can do about the high spots.
Luckily the tire has a line down the center of the tread to follow for allingment.

Zip ties work great for using the bike frame as a truing stand.

20240525_204903.jpg

20240528_182548.jpg

or its a crappy tire.

It's a Crappy Tire !!
And It's a Fricken Schwalbe !!

Schwalbe is supposed to be one of the best tires available.
The Rolls-Royce, Cats Meow, the Real McCoy of tires !! And they ain't cheap !!

Ohh well, I think I got it figured out.
As long as I can ride no hands with two batteries, I'll be happy.

I found this video showing a warped tire,..
My tire wasn't nearly that bad, but it's same idea.

Last edited:
I have a few bad tires good brands too. one tubeless tire I had three of them all had different issues. one I could not get to seal one had a slice open in the sidewall and one hand a hump. they replaced them all but I just sold them.

I will sometimes true a tire looking for high spots and left and right wobble. I mark these with progressive colors of grease crayons to note the progress. This is where I work part-time building and selling. It is cool to get paid to get hands-on and ride a bunch of bikes. It is all low key no pressure sales, that is why we have sold 44 eBikes so far for May. https://petalumamotorwheel.com/

Love the details, hate the concept!
Turing a tire takes like five colors and six attempts. It is a pain but worth it. Industry people think that I am nuts for doing it. But on my own bikes it makes all the difference. Just get a kid's dozen box of Crayola pastels. Track the progress of high spots and left/right spots being eliminated with the colors. Wipe off with rubbing alcohol when done. Tubeless folding tires are especially bad and require the most work. letting them sit flat first in the sun first then flipping helps. I will assemble more new bikes tomorrow.

1716954026322.jpeg

Last edited:
The bead is even.
The rim line indicators are aligned within 1 mm.

View attachment 176690

View attachment 176691

But the center of the tread was off by more than 3 mm, and there are high spots on the tire of more than 2 mm.

I managed to get the center of the tread straightened within 1 mm but there's not much I can do about the high spots.
Luckily the tire has a line down the center of the tread to follow for allingment.

Zip ties work great for using the bike frame as a truing stand.

View attachment 176692
View attachment 176693

It's a Crappy Tire !!
And It's a Fricken Schwalbe !!

Schwalbe is supposed to be one of the best tires available.
The Rolls-Royce, Cats Meow, the Real McCoy of tires !! And they ain't cheap !!

Ohh well, I think I got it figured out.
As long as I can ride no hands with two batteries, I'll be happy.

I found this video showing a warped tire,..
My tire wasn't nearly that bad, but it's same idea.

I would try getting a hold of Schwalbe tech support. If this is truly a defective tire they may be willing to replace it. I would sure do that before I warped my rim to compensate for a bad tire.

Back