Send us pics of your ebike... loaded with groceries!

I only needed a few items from WFM today so I left the GSD home and took the R&M (and enjoyed a craft beer before grabbing my items - genius move to put a bar in a supermarket). On exiting the store, I held up and waited a few moments to allow a guy to finish taking pictures of the bike.

View attachment 42186View attachment 42187

Yesterday I took the GSD to another market and I was stopped 3 times whilst locking or unlocking, by passersby with questions.

Darn, I wish the supermarkets around my place had craft beer bars!

Also from WFM , on a new heavy duty Racktime rack (up to 100lb).

Attachments

• 0074C229-3B07-48E3-BC13-03687D6943E9.jpeg
    0074C229-3B07-48E3-BC13-03687D6943E9.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 572
  • E7BD1C6A-A23B-4C70-A2F1-5E2EC885E1C6.jpeg
    E7BD1C6A-A23B-4C70-A2F1-5E2EC885E1C6.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 579
Typically place groceries and heavier items in the rear trunk bag's foldout panniers and use the front basket for lightweight or bulky cargo, often picking up mail from the post office. Here's a photo after picking up veggies and Rainier cherries from the farmer's market last week.

View attachment 35131

The front rack- can you tell me the brand ? Is it fork mounted ? Can not tell from picture. Thanks

Let's inspire everyone on this thread with photos of our ebikes doing car-replacement work: schlepping groceries! I have old photos but not a new one, so I'll take a fresh one on my next ebike shopping trip!
What a great post idea @ebikemom, definitely made me smile... and the pictures do not disappoint :D

You're welcome, Court!

It's great to see how this thread has taken off! :) I did a car replacement trip tonight, in the dark, in the rain, in the chill, to ride to my daughter's high school band concert!

I love to ride for fun, but my very favorite trips are those that take me to and from where I need to go. :)

It was great to miss the hassle of parking the car, and nice to have the bright flashing lights to walk daughter safely home in her head-to-toe black concert band garb! :) Sorry, no pictures of me, but here's a good bike safety PSA photo! :)

Enjoy the winter riding, everyone!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 9.39.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 9.39.13 PM.png
    953.2 KB · Views: 472
Not groceries but a box for the UPS Store. Whilst waiting in line outside the store (socially distanced), I had my bike parked out of sight. But some customers noticed my helmet. Made for lively conversation as several folks just couldn't believe that I brought that box over on a bicycle. I actually think there are people who have never seen a cargo bike before.

GSD_BigBox.jpg

Grocery run on my Trek class one. One advantage of limited carrying space is it prevents impulse buying. Those donuts and cookies will have to wait!! :)🍪🍩

View attachment 53112

View attachment 53113
Very nice. I get your point about snack buying. That is also the reason I have taken a break with Trader Joe shopping. Great store and marketing, however, the impulse buying has to be kept to a minimum while scouting the aisles IMO.

Last edited:
Been using a Burley Travoy for the last 7 years, really handy for the weekly shopping and the occasional salvaged laser printer, that because I can wheel it directly into the markets or shops, then when back home I can wheel into the kitchen to unload, no lugging multiple bags from the garage to house, and of course with the bike I can lock it right outside the shops, no need to hunt for a parking spot like with a car

The kitchen shot is the Travoy before I bought the market bags.

20130726_124551.jpg20200417_094845.jpg
20130719_113831.jpg

Back