SDURO Trekking 6.0- Getting to know it

Well, putting the bike up and getting the skis out. Will try to remember to check the battery once a month and give it a little boost. 500 miles, less than I had hoped but still hoping for Natchez Trace in the spring. We will see what life brings.

I've had mine for a week but weather here is turning cold and snowy as well.. Just 100mi. so far

Great bike, best of luck with it.
Like you, my present ride is a "hybrid" type city bike.
One of the best changes I made was switching to a "butterfly" type touring handlebar, with an adjustable stem.

I was wondering if anyone would know if such a handlebar can be used with the Haibike trekking.?????
btw: I'm anxiously awaiting delivery on my 2018 trekking .
I installed Jones H bar on my 2016 Trecking with no problems. Really happy with them.

First couple of rides of spring and everything seems the same as last fall. Checked the battery monthly but not really much change in level.
This spring project will be fiddling with fit.

Don't fiddle with it!.. It clearly states the warranty is null and void if ANYTHING is fiddled with except tire pressure

For touring, I tried to mimic the build of my Surly Long Haul Trucker on my E-bike. Brooks saddle, raised Jones H-bar, tires, bags and panniers. I do miss the spoke mount, & extra braze-ons on the fork & frame of the Trucker. Now I have to carry water differently... but the E-bike sure makes the hills a little more enjoyable (not as young as I use to be). The 'range anxiety' is something that is new to touring for me but it makes me stop a bit more, and enjoy the surroundings and people during the 'charging' times...and that may be good for me too.

I enjoyed reading the thread..

from Western Colorado.....
https://www.highway550.com/

Hi RidingHigh & all members.

I just joined the forum and wanted to say thanks for the feedback you provide! I'm a pretty big guy too and will probably get my first e-bike next week, either a Trekking 6.0 or Trekking 7.0 (2018 models). Still need to choose between Yamaha & Bosch...
I'm new to bikes without "engines" (real ones I mean...), so lots of things to discover and reading your comments about making the bike perfect for you makes a lot of sense.

Speaking of air pressure, my wife wanted a softer ride for our gravel grinding and let a little air out resulting in snake bite on a washboard pothole section on her juiced bike. That bike has a rear drive hub and fixing it was quite a process. I had to ride home and get the car so that we could get it home and watch the youtube video on the process. Glad that I have a mid drive.

She got one of the Schwalbe Marathon Plus' that I was planning to put on my bike :)

Working on battery management now, where I was using high, using standard--- standard to Eco---- Eco to Eco+ (which seems pretty worthless to me).
Got rides in on MTB and hybrid recently as well. Nice to have fun choices.

The Haibike seat has a couple screws to connect the seat to the supports. One came off after a wrestling match getting two ebikes on the bike rack so I finally bothered to change my seat to a comfort one that I had lying around. What a nice difference! Inertia kept me from doing it earlier and I regret that now.
Heading toward 1,000 mile mark soon. I still like riding my other bikes but the Haibike is getting the call more and more.

Agree about the front shocks, I think my weight is part of the issue. A lock out like on my 29er would be ideal.

About to put up the bike for the year for a medical procedure but got several hundred more miles in and some more observations.
Next year I will try a fix for the front fender. Seems like every little rock makes a noise that is unnecessarily alarming.

As a very large biker who uses it on gravel and substandard mountain roads, I can testify to the quality of the rims and spokes. Not one broken spoke and have not had to true the wheels yet, that is a first for me.

I like the Yamaha battery but the cost of an extra one has kept me from taking this on longer mountain rides :-(

The drivetrain suits my style of riding well. After conscious efforts to increase rpm, I still like 75-85. Zero cadence is the best

Eco+ is worthless and should be dropped IMO, it serves no purpose

The rack with imported bag is working out well. Look forward to panniers if the price of batteries comes down and I can tour with it.

It is heavy, it has been interesting adjust to the weight of the bike compared to my other bikes. The frame is a tank and it rides a bit like one. The bodyfloat helps some.

All in all, very happy with my purchase. As these bikes continue to evolve and improve it will be a relic in a couple of years but I will probably still be riding it.

I expected to ride the bike less than I am. When selecting which bike to ride, I am gravitating to it more. My wife loves hers and it would be hard for me to keep up with her on hills without it. I also love that I can ride to meetings sometimes and wear more traditional clothes.

A year ago if you would have told me that the most expensive bike I have ever purchased would be an ebike I would have laughed, but it just happened. Have been loving bike riding for almost 50 years and live in the mountains, my knees convinced me to try an ebike.

I am big and tall and my rides tend to involve lots of elevation changes and some gravel. All of that led me to the Haibike SDURO 6.0. It has two chainrings to help me with maintaining RPM while climbing and a beefy frame. I hope to try a bike tour this fall so the Trekking made sense.

Have only had three rides, none particularly long so far but here are some first impressions.

Things I like- It feels a lot like riding a bike. The Eco+ setting and off have the feel of just going for a bike ride. My daily rider is a Fuji Crosstowne 1.0 that I have a few thousand miles on and love and it has a similar feel but I like the geometry on the Fuji better. I think part of that is that I have modified the Fuji over the years for me and have not yet done that with the Haibike. I can imagine 10 miles or so on the SDURO with a dead battery.

The only other ebike that I have ridden was a MTB with Bosch system and I like the Yamaha better so far. I felt like the Bosch penalized me when I stopped pedaling too much.

Haven't had a kickstand in a long time and I like it. I have not experienced much rattling. Only a little bit on washboard with the front fender so far.

Not so great- My butt is telling me to replace the seat. Will give it more of a chance first.
I bought a taller stem from the LBS when I picked it up and will end up buying another taller one and ergon grips as I need to get the bar higher and the current grips are a little cheesy.

More as I get to know it better.
Well, coming up to 5 year anniversary of buying my Haibike. During that time, my fleet has narrowed as I have ridden the ebike more and more over time. Have used it for a multiday bike tour, commuting, countless loops rides, and drug it with me to many national parks, forests, and BLM lands. So far, the bike has been very reliable and relatively low maintenance. I bought a second battery in 2021 but the original still is still performing well.
Happy with the Yamaha system overall, I like the way that it kicks in without a jerk and the way it rides when I am pedaling over 20 mph. The mileage could be a little better but can't win them all. The bike itself is sturdy, I am big and ride hard and use in on gravel and dirt roads. I hope that it continues to perform as I currently do not have new bike envy and that is rare.

I forgot my battery one day last week and ended up doing a 16 miles ride on a very heavy bike :) I was good exercise and glad to know that on a relatively flat landscape I could get somewhere with a dead battery.

Back