Rockstar owners

I believe it had all that in initial offering. I could be wrong.
Most of what she said was indeed already known ie; suspension seat posts, 9 levels of assist, brake type, and front fork.

The cruiser was the only one that stated integrated lights. The reveal video even had Storm saying people can use whatever lights they want "on the other two" referring to Rockstar and LX.

The range is the big one. I have some trails that run 20+ miles in length one way by me. Basically at this point I'm trying to determine if it is worth gambling on the unknown shipping time. I don't want March to come and be without a bike.

Just got a response from Sondors after putting in a request to cancel my order. They are making it difficult to cancel. Not because they are giving me a hard time or anything but because they just gave me some updated specs so I figured I'd copy and paste the body of the email here.

"Also, I thought I'd share some features and upgrades you might not know about...

SONDORS LX Now Includes:

Integrated front and rear lights
Suspension seat post
9 levels of pedal assist (upgraded from 5 for a more personalized riding experience)
BONUS: Current field testing shows LX to have closer to a 70-80 mile range vs. the previously reported 60

Additional Specs Include:

Motor 750W Bafang Ultra M620 tuned specifically for SONDORS
Torque 160 Nm (118 ft-lbs)
Front fork 120mm travel with rebound/lockout/ compression adjust
Brakes Tektro Auriga HD-E520 hydraulic 180 mm Disc Brakes
Pedal Assist is both a torque and a cadence sensor with a gear sensor to pause the power as you shift.
Dimensions on the SONDORS LX: HERE

Finally, if you missed our Elite Reveal Livestream Event, I've included the LX cut for you to watch right here

And if after all this, you'd like to maintain your decision to cancel your order, please let us know.

Otherwise, we'll keep your order in place and continue hand-building your SONDORS LX just for you!"

Ok so the biggest take away from this is the bump to the range estimate and the integrated front headlight which always seemed weird the LX wouldn't come with. Guys I'm asking for some input here. I want to say cancel but I also find it hard to do based on the price and that range.
That's hilarious, you're asking for advice? My advice is no seller ever states a true range. Or it's range that is not real world riding. Now I'll wait for your usual rebuttal. LOL

I believe it had all that in initial offering. I could be wrong.
good afternoon everyone.
when you look at the specs in the bike itself at that price point it's hard to beat or should I say nearly impossible to beat, especially having a mid-drive.
It's just terrible when everybody has to suffer because a company cannot properly plan something. I truly believe it is no longer about component shortage or anything like that because why would they do promotions for Mad mods in the middle of trying to promote their new mid-drive. I believe the mad mod came out to promote funding for the mid-drives. I could be wrong but I cannot find any other reason for the actions of this company.
but on the flip side there is no better product for the dollar,
Also it kills me to say that nobody has a 21 amp hour battery, that I know of, so I do believe those distances are real.
$1999 for Lx- unbeatable
$2599 for Rockstar.
Unbeatable

you got a tough decision
it might be worth waiting..

good afternoon everyone.
when you look at the specs in the bike itself at that price point it's hard to beat or should I say nearly impossible to beat, especially having a mid-drive.
It's just terrible when everybody has to suffer because a company cannot properly plan something. I truly believe it is no longer about component shortage or anything like that because why would they do promotions for Mad mods in the middle of trying to promote their new mid-drive. I believe the mad mod came out to promote funding for the mid-drives. I could be wrong but I cannot find any other reason for the actions of this company.
Also it kills me to say that nobody has a 21 amp hour battery, that I know of, so I do believe those distances are real.
$1999 for Lx- unbeatable
$2599 for Rockstar.
Unbeatable

you got a tough decision
I do believe that no other bike will have the range of a 48v/21ah battery unless you get into a 52 volt that has at least 17 amp hours or better. And yes it is all based on writing habits

good afternoon everyone.
$1999 for Lx- unbeatable
$2599 for Rockstar.
Unbeatable

you got a tough decision
Could deliver Rockstar with cash from Elite, then a new release the Super Elite Sucker.
I don't want to be last guy in this pyramid.

I'd like to thank all the haters and their fellow conjecture replying forum members for your responses and contribution to this thread. Very helpful. :rolleyes:

I am with all of you who have put down some or all of the money to get a Sondors Rockstar. I agree that it's stressful to have to wait for such a long period of time before getting delivery of what surely will be a new direction that a lot ebikes will be taking in the near future. This bike might not be perfect but I believe that if there are any problems they will be minor, that there will upgrades available improve the suspension if needed, and there will be ways to squeeze out a little bit more power. If this thing doesn't fly then the bad publicity would have a major impact on Sondors reputation that would cost them buisness and shrink future sales before they can expand into the new upgraded models that eventually are going replace some of the older models. The other side of the coin is that if they deliver everything they promised it will put them in a position to stay up on top of the industry which would be a better place for them to be in that would be to our benefit.

I hope this works out for buyers.

Maybe Sondors will compensate for the delay with some accessories or something.

It would be nice if they were more transparent about the delays but maybe they are on Facebook.

I first considered a Rockstar but orderd a Cruiser because of the step step-through being easier for me being not young anymore and my wife to mount.
Would it be nice for Sondors to slip in a free accessory for the use of our $$$$$. Yes they have the whole amount. They get to use the money interest free for a longer period than we expected.
Would a gift of a rear rack be nice, you bet and it would be a feel good trigger for the customer and wonderful advertising for Sondors. We may even tend to be less critical in the future if we have any problems too.
Hey Sondors, Christmas is coming.

I just wanted everyone to know that they are not alone. I still believe that everything's going to work out just fine and the long pause will be forgotten once they get shipped out.

I just wanted everyone to know that they are not alone. I still believe that everything's going to work out just fine and the long pause will be forgotten once they get shipped out.
That's been Sondors business model since 2014. Customer hope and trust of sending money with a moving shipping date. So far he's lured in enough with low prices to keep the model going.

Last edited:
I first considered a Rockstar but orderd a Cruiser because of the step step-through being easier for me being not young anymore and my wife to mount.
Would it be nice for Sondors to slip in a free accessory for the use of our $$$$$. Yes they have the whole amount. They get to use the money interest free for a longer period than we expected.
Would a gift of a rear rack be nice, you bet and it would be a feel good trigger for the customer and wonderful advertising for Sondors. We may even tend to be less critical in the future if we have any problems too.
Hey Sondors, Christmas is coming.
Not only should you get a free rear ,rack you should also get $100 taken off the top.

I think for me it was a matter of timing.
I knew up front there was going to be a delay in getting one and was willing to wait for it
That's been Sondors business model since 2014. Customer hope and trust of sending money with a moving shipping date. So far he's lured in enough with low prices to keep the model going.
Honestly I didn't think that could be a normal business practice i just wonder how other companies are able to keep shipments coming in at smoother pace.

Well I'm in, Rockstar batch 2, it gets here when it gets here [hopefully by spring].
Coming from a Rad Rover I think it will be a big improvement. The Rad works great for 90% of the riding I do, with the exception of wooded, rolling hill single track [which I would like to do more of] I realize it's not going to perform like a $10,000 KTM downhill mountain bike but I plan on using it more like a trials bike.
Can't wait for the reviews from 1st batch people start coming in. It looks like a good bang for the buck.

Well I'm in, Rockstar batch 2, it gets here when it gets here [hopefully by spring].
Coming from a Rad Rover I think it will be a big improvement. The Rad works great for 90% of the riding I do, with the exception of wooded, rolling hill single track [which I would like to do more of] I realize it's not going to perform like a $10,000 KTM downhill mountain bike but I plan on using it more like a trials bike.
Can't wait for the reviews from 1st batch people start coming in. It looks like a good bang for the buck.
I was thinking the same thing as you and have an order placed at about the same time that you did this ebike seems to have everything that I was looking for at an affordable price and it should be here around early spring.

I was thinking the same thing as you and have an order placed at about the same time that you did this ebike seems to have everything that I was looking for at an affordable price and it should be here around early spring.
I have the LX in "batch 2". The last I heard from Sondors after they looked up my specific order number was 2nd week of February which would be a one month delay from the original ship date of January. Let's see if that sticks. Not long now.

I think this will end up as the Corvette of mountain bikes not as refined as a McLaren.....but
close enough [for the money].
Any short comings will be remedied by third party vendors [controller,forks,shock] if the 1st batch reviews call it total crap I could just ask for a refund. I doubt that will be necessary, the waiting is the hardest part😉

When your bikes arrive, I'll be curious which frame, crank and tires they actually come with. Two photos currently on the Rockstar web page show different set-ups.

In the greyscale pic below, the motor's integration is horizontally oriented with the crank, but in the yellow one, it's angled upward which is probably better for off-road use.

The grey's downtube appears to be considerably fatter and differently-angled, its chainring comes with a guard, and the tires are Schwalbe Nobby Nics. The specs say "Maxxis 27.5 x 3.0."

My hunch is that you'll be getting the grey version, albeit painted yellow. That's what's shown at the top of the Rockstar's page (bottom pic below).

1607970618486.png

1607971591597.png

1607970722801.png
1607970750461.png

1607971403802.png

Back