Rockstar owners

Here's a real life video of the Rockstar. The fork angle is considerably steeper than the renders.
Great soundtrack! I can't see much difference in the fork's slack, though.

Looks like a Vimeo commenter noticed the different downtube from the original photo, too.

Great soundtrack! I can't see much difference in the fork's slack, though.

Looks like a Vimeo commenter noticed the different downtube from the original photo, too.
I think when you look closely at the beginning before the ride footage starts you can see what looks like a very steep angle. Based on the photos you posted it will certainly be closer to the gray colored one. Here's another shot I clipped from an instagram post of theirs. The LX is up front and the Rockstar can be seen in the background. The downtube is very thick and more closely resembles the gray picture you posted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201210-154137~2.png
    Screenshot_20201210-154137~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 452
I see it now, sort of... but without frame geometry specs, it's moot anyway.

I just noticed another difference from the grey and yellow pics, both of which were lifted from the current Rockstar page:

The front brake rotor looks larger on the yellow one, and is a two-piece rotor, as well.
1607974992856.png
1607975025895.png

Sondors says the front rotors are 203mm but do not specify 2 piece. They sent me a pdf spec sheet I have attached below.

Attachments

• 5e90c7cd81c23912a1df4ea5222f71657d558c8c.pdf
    55.1 KB · Views: 514
When your bikes arrive, I'll be curious which frame, crank and tires they actually come with. Two photos currently on the Rockstar web page show different set-ups.

In the greyscale pic below, the motor's integration is horizontally oriented with the crank, but in the yellow one, it's angled upward which is probably better for off-road use.

The grey's downtube appears to be considerably fatter and differently-angled, its chainring comes with a guard, and the tires are Schwalbe Nobby Nics. The specs say "Maxxis 27.5 x 3.0."

My hunch is that you'll be getting the grey version, albeit painted yellow. That's what's shown at the top of the Rockstar's page (bottom pic below).

View attachment 74203
View attachment 74208
View attachment 74205View attachment 74206
View attachment 74207
What I can see is the angle of the down tube is alot steeper on the grey bike, you can really see it when comparing the lettering between the two pictures. That would probably shorten the overall length of the frame by a couple of inches.

Everybody is waiting for sondors Rockstar .sondors is a mess terrible way to deal with all the customers that are prepaid for their bikes. total mismanagement . As he laughs and jokes and promotes of the bikes and he can't even produce his main product line

I won't argue that point with you. The original delivery schedule has been delayed, the second batch is supposed to be on schedule, we should have a better idea of how things are looking by next month.

I won't argue that point with you. The original delivery schedule has been delayed, the second batch is supposed to be on schedule, we should have a better idea of how things are looking by next month.
Times are so bad right now so everybody could use a positive,and Sondors never gives legitimate, realistic time frame to anyone. they just promote on the other side.
They're getting away with something that they should not be getting away with.
once again my opinion
Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy New Year as well at least we know spring summer should bring some kind of positivity

Times are so bad right now so everybody could use a positive,and Sondors never gives legitimate, realistic time frame to anyone. they just promote on the other side.
They're getting away with something that they should not be getting away with.
once again my opinion
Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy New Year as well at least we know spring summer should bring some kind of positivity
I believe there are many people that put the orders in for the Rockstar before June I'm 2020.
not one delivered

In case you don't have them, here's the Rockstar sizing specs from Sondors. Happy Holidays.

Those specs list a wheelbase of 48.4"

The LX spec sheet lists the wheelbase as 48.55"

Negligible difference but surprised to see the LX has a longer wheelbase. Something tells me this is really down to the people at Sondors not having their measurements correct.

Obviously new:p Yeah, the Rockstar head angle looks steeper then the renderings. Same head tube as the LX and still the Sondors shock, even though not fat tire, close diameter.

Wheel diameter won't affect wheelbase. It will affect overall length. Wheelbase is fixed by front fork/steer tube angle and rear chainstay. If those dimensions for both are correct then I would imagine the front is identical between the two bikes and the unique rear chainstay of the LX is just slightly longer. And I mean very slightly. We are talking about 0.15 of and inch difference.

We should be finding out something very soon about when to be expecting delivery on the first and now second batches of Elite series ebikes. They just announced that they have hit 100,000 sales for 2020, I Would have to assume that number includes pre-sales.

We should be finding out something very soon about when to be expecting delivery on the first and now second batches of Elite series ebikes. They just announced that they have hit 100,000 sales for 2020, I Would have to assume that number includes pre-sales.
Yeah what a super misleading email subject that was. I guess they forgot a handful of their email recipients have been waiting 6 months for their bikes.

I'm in the second batch and have been told repeatedly my bike will ship the week of 2/15. They also told me that reviews by EBR are currently in the works and to expect videos in the coming weeks. I messaged EBR to confirm and they sounded surprised and have not confirmed anything so I'm wondering if I was fed a bunch of smoke. We will see soon enough I guess.

I have been told my order is still on track for a February shipping. I am not holding my breath though as broken promises it seems are the norm.
What a nice gesture it would be if for the delay and the use on our $$$$$ (paid in full) Sondors would give us a gift certificate to the accessories. I received a gift card to the accessories from a different e-bike company I purchased as a token of appreciation for such matters.
Will it happen???

I have been told my order is still on track for a February shipping. I am not holding my breath though as broken promises it seems are the norm.
What a nice gesture it would be if for the delay and the use on our $$$$$ (paid in full) Sondors would give us a gift certificate to the accessories. I received a gift card to the accessories from a different e-bike company I purchased as a token of appreciation for such matters.
Will it happen???
I think there was mention of that from a Rockstar owner. $50 gift card towards accessories. I'd rather have my bike now than a $50 gift card and no bike.

Not just Sonders but almost all companies are operating on your dollar . I cant believe people actually finance these companies and put up with the bull sheep that accompanies it .WTH ?? The RS is (if its real) a decent looking bike at a reasonable price but damn paying for them so they'll have enough money to order a few containers seems ludacris to me . .

Not just Sonders but almost all companies are operating on your dollar . I cant believe people actually finance these companies and put up with the bull sheep that accompanies it .WTH ?? The RS is (if its real) a decent looking bike at a reasonable price but damn paying for them so they'll have enough money to order a few containers seems ludacris to me . .
Live and learn. I will definitely never put myself in this type of situation again.

I keep telling myself that it will be worth the wait, 6 months is a long time to have to wait for something.
I feel that way or I wouldn't be doing the purchase. I have to admit it took some guts on my part to take the chance and make the purchase. To spend that much money on the come of a product isn't easy.
I feel the introductory price along with what we all expect to be well engineered machines is worth taking a chance on. Because first run machines can have bugs to be worked out we have to trust the company will stand behind the bikes 100%. Sondors being a company with a good reputation for their word and standing behind their bikes helps ease the anxiety of getting a bad product with no backing or worse yet, disappearing!!!.

Back