Rockstar owners

The crazy part is Sondors is still introducing new bikes and taking orders when they have not delivered a single midrive bike yet.
I wonder if the Rockstar they have is just a pusher. Storm and Nicola have a lot in common. No product, just other peoples money and false promises.
LUNA is a Real Bike Company with a real owner. Just watch his videos. Honest, hard working and wants to sell the best he can for a reasonable price.
My X-1 is being delivered Monday and I had options added. less than a month from order to delivery. The past 2 LUNA modified Sur-Rons in 2019 & May 2020 came right when they said they would from China.
I put the X1 in to consideration now that I'm contemplating cancelling my LX order. I don't love the small battery it comes with.
I really do like the frame/battery/motor/tire combo of the LX which is making it hard to cancel, and Sondors is making it hard to stick it out with waiting.

I put the X1 in to consideration now that I'm contemplating cancelling my LX order. I don't love the small battery it comes with.
I really do like the frame/battery/motor/tire combo of the LX which is making it hard to cancel, and Sondors is making it hard to stick it out with waiting.
Luna x-1 is a beautiful bike.
if you get a minute, look at wattwagon. Com( Hydra ).
I am not promoting just take a peek. Bafang Ultra m620 with Archon controller,52v/17ah battery, magura Mt5e 4-piston calipers fully integrated battery, and options for every component as well as all colors you can think of. Although it is much more $ than Rockstar and slightly more than Luna X1 it Still Remains a viable option +
6-8 wk lead time. And you speak to the owner to the entire process. I was not expecting to spend over 4000. My only other option would have been Frey ex, which is a phenomenal bike as are all of Frey's bikes. but I'm going to try and stay local.
good luck to everyone and happy holidays

I really do like the frame/battery/motor/tire combo of the LX which is making it hard to cancel, and Sondors is making it hard to stick it out with

Luna x-1 is a beautiful bike.
if you get a minute, look at wattwagon. Com( Hydra ).
I am not promoting just take a peek. Bafang Ultra m620 with Archon controller,52v/17ah battery, magura Mt5e 4-piston calipers fully integrated battery, and options for every component as well as all colors you can think of. Although it is much more $ than Rockstar and slightly more than Luna X1 it Still Remains a viable option +
6-8 wk lead time. And you speak to the owner to the entire process. I was not expecting to spend over 4000. My only other option would have been Frey ex, which is a phenomenal bike as are all of Frey's bikes. but I'm going to try and stay local.
good luck to everyone and happy holidays
I have probably built the Hydra 7 different ways lol, asked their support staff too many questions and have spoken to Pushkar on here a few times. If I had the money I would have already bought it. The battery on the Hydra is much closer to what I want. Everything else is perfect but the price.

I have heard outstanding things about the Frey bikes but would rather, like you said, keep the business "local" (yeah I get the irony, most of these bikes come from China anyways).

If I could get the LX frame by itself, I would consider just building what I am looking for and probably have it made before Sondors is ready to ship theirs

I have probably built the Hydra 7 different ways lol, asked their support staff too many questions and have spoken to Pushkar on here a few times. If I had the money I would have already bought it. The battery on the Hydra is much closer to what I want. Everything else is perfect but the price.

I have heard outstanding things about the Frey bikes but would rather, like you said, keep the business "local" (yeah I get the irony, most of these bikes come from China anyways).

If I could get the LX frame by itself, I would consider just building what I am looking for and probably have it made before Sondors is ready to ship theirs
Same identical problems here.
I love the Hydra, batteries, perfect ,the style is perfect just a number $ doesn't work that well..
That is so funny that you mention building because I have contemplated the same thing, buying a frame and all the components that I want not what they sell. I was just running the numbers on buying the Hydra frame only and doing the biuld myself but the numbers just do not work. better off buying the bikes 85 % assembled.
I guess we can't win. I figured pushkar is only about 45 to 50 minutes from me so I figured that could definitely simplify the process but of course that comes with a larger cost .
you're in a tough spot. You might be better off waiting, at least you get a beautiful bike much less money. But on the other hand you have Luna X1 which is an amazing piece for the money. Thank God it is not spring, that's the only reason I have not locked in.

Wattwagon has a great web site with a nice choice of bikes. Hydra looks like the bike, it offers every customizable option. 2.3kw motor not to mention battery is not a bad price for 52vdc @ 17ah 884wh for capacity @<$700 for spare not bad. Any suspension, brakes, Rohloff, belt drive, software upgrades good stuff you want.
Glad to be introduced.
Thanks

Wattwagon has a great web site with a nice choice of bikes. Hydra looks like the bike, it offers every customizable option. 2.3kw motor not to mention battery is not a bad price for 52vdc @ 17ah 884wh for capacity @<$700 for spare not bad. Any suspension, brakes, Rohloff, belt drive, software upgrades good stuff you want.
Glad to be introduced.
Thanks

Agreed. The Hydra looks like the best bike out there right now. That being said I just don't have that kind of cash as much as I wish I did. I have decided to go through with cancelling my Sondors LX order and will be getting the Bolton Lancer. It's full suspension fat tire with the BBSHD which I think will be just fine in the end. All for $2800 which is much more doable for me. Good luck with your decisions

Agreed. The Hydra looks like the best bike out there right now. That being said I just don't have that kind of cash as much as I wish I did. I have decided to go through with cancelling my Sondors LX order and will be getting the Bolton Lancer. It's full suspension fat tire with the BBSHD which I think will be just fine in the end. All for $2800 which is much more doable for me. Good luck with your decisions

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
You got that right Hillseeker. That was my first thought, well set up website. Tremendous amount of options across the board, which is very unusual.
As for the dollar amount , you probably get one of the best deals out there ( meaning bang for the buck ) but the more I look at the price, the more I have to become realistic.
Hello Voidedwarranty I just looked at the Lancer from Bolton bikes and was not aware that he he even had a fully integrated battery/bike and a great looking bike. Also the bbshd has as much power as the ultra 620 not like the Detuned Rockstar. This bike will definitely be in consideration, thanks for the heads up.
To everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
You got that right Hillseeker. That was my first thought, well set up website. Tremendous amount of options across the board, which is very unusual.
As for the dollar amount , you probably get one of the best deals out there ( meaning bang for the buck ) but the more I look at the price, the more I have to become realistic.
Hello Voidedwarranty I just looked at the Lancer from Bolton bikes and was not aware that he he even had a fully integrated battery/bike and a great looking bike. Also the bbshd has as much power as the ultra 620 not like the Detuned Rockstar. This bike will definitely be in consideration, thanks for the heads up.
To everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving

Kyle from Bolton really is well invested in his work. I follow his youtube channel. He did a 10 minute video on the Lancer about 3 months ago. Worth checking out if you are considering it.

Kyle from Bolton really is well invested in his work. I follow his youtube channel. He did a 10 minute video on the Lancer about 3 months ago. Worth checking out if you are considering it.
When you get a moment
Eunorau-ebike.com
Fat HS.
the 2020 Euronau is the Bolton lancer.
Euronau also just updated that model to a 2021 frame style. also Euronau offers a 48/17ah battery option.
I'm pretty sure these are the identical bikes but all the pricing is the same just not sure if Bolton will offer the 2021 frame style.
I have to look into it myself Monday because I definitely like the frame style both the bikes and 17ah battery is big upgrade which I'm sure will come with big price. I'll see tomorrow

When you get a moment
Eunorau-ebike.com
Fat HS.
the 2020 Euronau is the Bolton lancer.
Euronau also just updated that model to a 2021 frame style. also Euronau offers a 48/17ah battery option.
I'm pretty sure these are the identical bikes but all the pricing is the same just not sure if Bolton will offer the 2021 frame style.
I have to look into it myself Monday because I definitely like the frame style both the bikes and 17ah battery is big upgrade which I'm sure will come with big price. I'll see tomorrow
I noticed the 17ah battery is only available on the large frame but they do give an option to buy the 17ah battery separately as a spare. I am not tall enough for the large frame so I'm basically looking at the 14ah with the secondary external 14ah for a 28ah total.

I noticed the 17ah battery is only available on the large frame but they do give an option to buy the 17ah battery separately as a spare. I am not tall enough for the large frame so I'm basically looking at the 14ah with the secondary external 14ah for a 28ah total.

Yes I agree in the numbers do not justify the added expense for me for extra batt. I was hoping that they cool upgrade to the 17 amp hour integrated for a couple hundred bucks upcharge I don't need a spare battery especially if you have 17 amp hour
I had communicated this evening via text and believe it or not they had gotten back to me within an hour and gave me all the guidelines and that was amazing in itself. you know what when I sit back and think, after a couple glasses of Thanksgiving wine, I realize that 48 volt/14ah. Is much more than sufficient , it's actually great on almost any and all kinds of runs unless you're doing very long distance..

Who were you communicating with? Eunorau? Their customer support is not based in the United States from what I have been told. They have a facility in California but from everything I understand they are not an American company.

Who were you communicating with? Eunorau? Their customer support is not based in the United States from what I have been told. They have a facility in California but from everything I understand they are not an American company.
CiCi was directly from their company (Euronau I would assume he would be a sales rep) Eunorau-ebikes.com I believe they also ship out of Las Vegas which a couple of other companies do. I'm not quite sure but I believe that they confirm that and they got back to me within 2 hours on Thanksgiving evening so kudos to them.

Just got a response from Sondors after putting in a request to cancel my order. They are making it difficult to cancel. Not because they are giving me a hard time or anything but because they just gave me some updated specs so I figured I'd copy and paste the body of the email here.

"Also, I thought I'd share some features and upgrades you might not know about...

SONDORS LX Now Includes:

Integrated front and rear lights
Suspension seat post
9 levels of pedal assist (upgraded from 5 for a more personalized riding experience)
BONUS: Current field testing shows LX to have closer to a 70-80 mile range vs. the previously reported 60

Additional Specs Include:

Motor 750W Bafang Ultra M620 tuned specifically for SONDORS
Torque 160 Nm (118 ft-lbs)
Front fork 120mm travel with rebound/lockout/ compression adjust
Brakes Tektro Auriga HD-E520 hydraulic 180 mm Disc Brakes
Pedal Assist is both a torque and a cadence sensor with a gear sensor to pause the power as you shift.
Dimensions on the SONDORS LX: HERE

Finally, if you missed our Elite Reveal Livestream Event, I've included the LX cut for you to watch right here

And if after all this, you'd like to maintain your decision to cancel your order, please let us know.

Otherwise, we'll keep your order in place and continue hand-building your SONDORS LX just for you!"

Ok so the biggest take away from this is the bump to the range estimate and the integrated front headlight which always seemed weird the LX wouldn't come with.

Last edited:
Just got a response from Sondors after putting in a request to cancel my order. They are making it difficult to cancel. Not because they are giving me a hard time or anything but because they just gave me some updated specs so I figured I'd copy and paste the body of the email here.

"Also, I thought I'd share some features and upgrades you might not know about...

SONDORS LX Now Includes:

Integrated front and rear lights
Suspension seat post
9 levels of pedal assist (upgraded from 5 for a more personalized riding experience)
BONUS: Current field testing shows LX to have closer to a 70-80 mile range vs. the previously reported 60

Additional Specs Include:

Motor 750W Bafang Ultra M620 tuned specifically for SONDORS
Torque 160 Nm (118 ft-lbs)
Front fork 120mm travel with rebound/lockout/ compression adjust
Brakes Tektro Auriga HD-E520 hydraulic 180 mm Disc Brakes
Pedal Assist is both a torque and a cadence sensor with a gear sensor to pause the power as you shift.
Dimensions on the SONDORS LX: HERE

Finally, if you missed our Elite Reveal Livestream Event, I've included the LX cut for you to watch right here

And if after all this, you'd like to maintain your decision to cancel your order, please let us know.

Otherwise, we'll keep your order in place and continue hand-building your SONDORS LX just for you!"

Ok so the biggest take away from this is the bump to the range estimate and the integrated front headlight which always seemed weird the LX wouldn't come with. Guys I'm asking for some input here. I want to say cancel but I also find it hard to do based on the price and that range.
I believe it had all that in initial offering. I could be wrong.

Back