Rockstar owners

Did you guys that ordered mid drives get your "another delay" email extending delivery to February?

Still no Rockstars?

I mean they did say October deliveries were pushed to December. Their customer support told me the later batch shipments are not affected by the first batch delays. So no, no one has them yet. Rich C is either implying the first batch owners will be receiving emails about further delays, or he's being facetious. I have a second batch order and have had no official communication about any further delays.

Did you guys that ordered mid drives get your "another delay" email extending delivery to February?
Yes I got another delay email today that just seems like more BS. The pandemic was well underway when they promised a October delivery. That is what they are using as excuse. I got a bs good news more Elite Fridays and bad news December delivery is they say 15th to 19 of February that means March we will get more bs. It seems to me like he wanted some cash and promised a bike they can't deliver. I ordered a Luna X-1 3 weeks ago and it shipped already.
this guy seems like a scammer to me. They built one bike raised some cash to buy more bs to feed to their customers. I was promised a $50 gift card from personally from Storm for Rockstar upgrades. I thought it came with everything. It is really sad he is taking advantage of people in this really tough time. I can afford to not get a bike. What about the guy that went without and saved up for this bike and has been left hanging since October. No bike no straight talk just endless bs. Sad.
I have been a bussiness owner since 1984. I always knew if you were straight and honest with customers they are much happier than if you make up bs and blame other situations on your inability to deliver.
I wonder what Eric thinks about this guy.

Yes I got another delay email today that just seems like more BS. The pandemic was well underway when they promised a October delivery. That is what they are using as excuse. I got a bs good news more Elite Fridays and bad news December delivery is they say 15th to 19 of February that means March we will get more bs. It seems to me like he wanted some cash and promised a bike they can't deliver. I ordered a Luna X-1 3 weeks ago and it shipped already.
this guy seems like a scammer to me. They built one bike raised some cash to buy more bs to feed to their customers. I was promised a $50 gift card from personally from Storm for Rockstar upgrades. I thought it came with everything. It is really sad he is taking advantage of people in this really tough time. I can afford to not get a bike. What about the guy that went without and saved up for this bike and has been left hanging since October. No bike no straight talk just endless bs. Sad.
I have been a bussiness owner since 1984. I always knew if you were straight and honest with customers they are much happier than if you make up bs and blame other situations on your inability to deliver.
I wonder what Eric thinks about this guy.
Well that's just great. Thoughts of cancelling my order are starting to creep up in my head.

This is what I received. I am insulted that they think I can not see through the BS!

As one of the first to order SONDORS Rockstar, you're leading the way for everyone following you.
You're along side us braving whatever lies ahead, as you know the reward (the first to have a SONDORS Rockstar) always outweighs the risk (the wait).
And today, we're writing you with a couple of announcements...
First, we have yet another updated estimated delivery time for your SONDORS Rockstar.
We're building your Rockstar as we speak however, due to the extreme and unending demand for high-end bike components around the globe, we continue to encounter delays in obtaining everything needed to finish your Rockstar within our original production timeline.
That said, we're having to update our latest delivery estimate from the end of December, now to the week of February 15-19, 2021.
Even though we all may be disappointed with this new reality, we're staying focused and excited about the end result.
We will continue to keep you engaged, informed and excited about your new purchase, with "Elite Fridays". On Fridays, we'll keep sending you video highlights of the features, components, riding experiences and more of each of our Elite Mid-Drive models.
Plus within the next two weeks, Storm Sondors will be sending you a complementary $50 gift card to use toward your custom Rockstar accessories (to be released soon after your Rockstar delivers) or anything else you might want on SONDORS.com.
Thank you for your continued support and loyalty throughout this crazy year!
You can rest assured that all of us here at SONDORS are still working day and night to bring you the best electric transportation at the best prices possible, and to build and deliver your SONDORS Rockstar as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
We're here putting in the extra time necessary in this labor of love, because we feel life is an epic ride, and we’re committed to ensuring that you love yours!
While it may be taking longer to get your Rockstar than any of us would prefer, we're all in this together knowing that certain things in life are well worth the wait—like being the first, and your SONDORS Rockstar!

Please reply with your thoughts.
The bike was ordered after shutdown in Northeast, pandemic was well under way and CA was at the time on down side of positive tests.
Now comes next shutdown is coming with more delivery delays.
They can not build the bike for the price.
They need to be more elite?
How about be more honest?
Wish you all the best.
Look forward to replies.
Thanks

This is what I received. I am insulted that they think I can not see through the BS!

As one of the first to order SONDORS Rockstar, you're leading the way for everyone following you.
You're along side us braving whatever lies ahead, as you know the reward (the first to have a SONDORS Rockstar) always outweighs the risk (the wait).
And today, we're writing you with a couple of announcements...
First, we have yet another updated estimated delivery time for your SONDORS Rockstar.
We're building your Rockstar as we speak however, due to the extreme and unending demand for high-end bike components around the globe, we continue to encounter delays in obtaining everything needed to finish your Rockstar within our original production timeline.
That said, we're having to update our latest delivery estimate from the end of December, now to the week of February 15-19, 2021.
Even though we all may be disappointed with this new reality, we're staying focused and excited about the end result.
We will continue to keep you engaged, informed and excited about your new purchase, with "Elite Fridays". On Fridays, we'll keep sending you video highlights of the features, components, riding experiences and more of each of our Elite Mid-Drive models.
Plus within the next two weeks, Storm Sondors will be sending you a complementary $50 gift card to use toward your custom Rockstar accessories (to be released soon after your Rockstar delivers) or anything else you might want on SONDORS.com.
Thank you for your continued support and loyalty throughout this crazy year!
You can rest assured that all of us here at SONDORS are still working day and night to bring you the best electric transportation at the best prices possible, and to build and deliver your SONDORS Rockstar as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
We're here putting in the extra time necessary in this labor of love, because we feel life is an epic ride, and we’re committed to ensuring that you love yours!
While it may be taking longer to get your Rockstar than any of us would prefer, we're all in this together knowing that certain things in life are well worth the wait—like being the first, and your SONDORS Rockstar!

Please reply with your thoughts.
The bike was ordered after shutdown in Northeast, pandemic was well under way and CA was at the time on down side of positive tests.
Now comes next shutdown is coming with more delivery delays.
They can not build the bike for the price.
They need to be more elite?
How about be more honest?
Wish you all the best.
Look forward to replies.
Thanks
I defended them and gave them the benefit of the doubt early on. China was shutdown way before we in the states were so the supply chain was ruined early on. What I have a hard time with now is all these other bike manufacturers that have been going through the same supply chain issues and delays are now getting bikes out

Biktrix has the juggernaut ultra FS with the same motor available for mid December.

Watt Wagons has been very transparent about his inventory issues but still says bikes ordered today will ship January 2021.

I had an exchange with Sondors support staff this morning and they claim the 1st batch will ship January 4-8th. So either the email is wrong or their support staff is wrong. It really doesn't matter which one is wrong because it says a lot that they are not in the same page.

I originally ordered a Sondors Fold XS, then bought the LX for January shipping when I saw the release video. Took over a week to get a response from them about cancelling the Fold XS. Now after all this I feel like I need to seriously go back to the drawing board. $2K for the LX was right in budget but now I feel like I'm going to have to double my budget just to get a bike that suits my needs.

I defended them and gave them the benefit of the doubt early on. China was shutdown way before we in the states were so the supply chain was ruined early on. What I have a hard time with now is all these other bike manufacturers that have been going through the same supply chain issues and delays are now getting bikes out

Biktrix has the juggernaut ultra FS with the same motor available for mid December.

Watt Wagons has been very transparent about his inventory issues but still says bikes ordered today will ship January 2021.

I had an exchange with Sondors support staff this morning and they claim the 1st batch will ship January 4-8th. So either the email is wrong or their support staff is wrong. It really doesn't matter which one is wrong because it says a lot that they are not in the same page.

I originally ordered a Sondors Fold XS, then bought the LX for January shipping when I saw the release video. Took over a week to get a response from them about cancelling the Fold XS. Now after all this I feel like I need to seriously go back to the drawing board. $2K for the LX was right in budget but now I feel like I'm going to have to double my budget just to get a bike that suits my needs.
and Biktrix and Watt wagon offer proper Ultras not tuned down to 750watts like the Sonders! Rize Bike and Biktrix have Ultras for $2599, you would be riding instead of waiting ....just saying guys

That's quite an email. I've always likened the staunch followers of Sondors to disciples. The email could have written by the likes of David Koresh! It's hilarious! It did everything but ask for more money to "build" his $10,000 super electric "car".

Last edited:

One of the special situations for Sondors over the other companies, was that they hadn't designed the mid drive bikes yet when they sold them. All they had done was to pay an industrial designer to sketch one on a computer.

One of the special situations for Sondors over the other companies, was that they hadn't designed the mid drive bikes yet when they sold them. All they had done was to pay an industrial designer to sketch one on a computer.
I mean I'd argue against that. They clearly had working prototypes as early as beginning of September when they released the reveal video. They already knew how many motors/batteries/frames they needed as way back as June when the first batch sold out in 2 weeks. I have never dealt with them before, and this is still my first ever ebike purchase. Not exactly a great first experience. I find it very difficult to try and defend their delays anymore. Especially when they won't be upfront about it. Delaying batch 1 from October to December to January/February (depending on who you talk to at Sondors), and then claiming it won't affect batch 2 which was always slated for January?

I mean I'd argue against that. They clearly had working prototypes as early as beginning of September when they released the reveal video. They already knew how many motors/batteries/frames they needed as way back as June when the first batch sold out in 2 weeks. I have never dealt with them before, and this is still my first ever ebike purchase. Not exactly a great first experience. I find it very difficult to try and defend their delays anymore.
Got a bike right away from Luna.

terrible way to do business.
Sondors is dragging everybody through the mud for months on end and there is still no guarantee for delivery date.
There is no more blaming the supply chain because many other companies that have been producing and delivering bikes for months now. The Rockstar is not a one-off custom mountain bike. It is like mostof the other bikes, A frame with all add-on components. I'm totally disgusted just watching this.
Let's hope storm is nice and comfortable in his Malibu beachfront property

Last edited:
unreal! so glad i avoided that train wreck

terrible way to do business.
Sondors is dragging everybody through the mud for months on end and there is still no guarantee for delivery date.
There is no more blaming the supply chain because many other companies that have been producing and delivering bikes for months now. The Rockstar is not a one-off custom mountain bike. It is like mostof the other bikes, A frame with all add-on components. I'm totally disgusted just watching this.
Let's hope storm is nice and comfortable in his Malibu beachfront property
Also the company sondors can always come on the site here and talk to the people that are waiting for their bikes and reassure them. I have seen other reputable companies that access the forums in talk directly via the Forum to their customers and explain things in reassure people that things are working out .
With sondors', all's you get is a message that tells you , (indirectly )wait until I tell you you're going to get your bike.
Enough !!!

Glad I elected not to pull the trigger on the last Black Matte Rockstar. I think this was back in July and they were saying September delivery. I think it was a 2499 price to move ahead with purchase in July. So now I wait instead for a Frey!

Glad I elected not to pull the trigger on the last Black Matte Rockstar. I think this was back in July and they were saying September delivery. I think it was a 2499 price to move ahead with purchase in July. So now I wait instead for a Frey!
Where did you purchase the Frey from

The crazy part is Sondors is still introducing new bikes and taking orders when they have not delivered a single midrive bike yet.
I wonder if the Rockstar they have is just a pusher. Storm and Nicola have a lot in common. No product, just other peoples money and false promises.
LUNA is a Real Bike Company with a real owner. Just watch his videos. Honest, hard working and wants to sell the best he can for a reasonable price.
My X-1 is being delivered Monday and I had options added. less than a month from order to delivery. The past 2 LUNA modified Sur-Rons in 2019 & May 2020 came right when they said they would from China.

Back