Rockstar owners

Update on my motor cut off issue. Sondors support sent me a new display but it did not resolve the issue. Support was then very quick to offer to send me a change out battery (I have to return my original) when I told them some of the details of the issue. I told them the display and the motor always went off together. I told them I was able to restart the motor using the display ON button most of the time, but other times I had to us the downtube on/off switch to turn the motor back on. Wondering if others have had similar issues? I will update when I get my new change out battery and have time to test it.

Update on the motor cut off issues after testing the bike with the new battery. I did one 3 mile ride, then a 5 mile ride with no motor issues. Before the new battery the motor would turn off around 10 times in 3 miles. So, looks like new battery was the fix. Sondors Support was great. Don't know how it could have been any better?

Actually I sent this to Lightning 1 2 3 because I remembered he had talked about the Fork upgrade to his Rockstar. Thought I would send it to all:
I still have my original fork but am thinking of upgrading to a Yari or a Lyrik. First, was the difference really noticeable for, I will say, medium rough single track? I think I read that the Yari and maybe Lyrik really smoothed out the rough stuff. At times I do ride in somewhat messy single track with roots and some rocks. Anyway I was looking back at the previous posts and thought I was touch base on your overall thoughts on the new forks. Thanks r.lee

Actually I sent this to Lightning 1 2 3 because I remembered he had talked about the Fork upgrade to his Rockstar. Thought I would send it to all:
I still have my original fork but am thinking of upgrading to a Yari or a Lyrik. First, was the difference really noticeable for, I will say, medium rough single track? I think I read that the Yari and maybe Lyrik really smoothed out the rough stuff. At times I do ride in somewhat messy single track with roots and some rocks. Anyway I was looking back at the previous posts and thought I was touch base on your overall thoughts on the new forks. Thanks r.lee
If you are considering a new fork, before you buy a Rockshox take a look at the Wren Inverted forks. Go to the factory web site not a reseller. Direct from factory is often cheaper.

RoskShox ZEB 29" 170mm forks w/fender, Fox DHX RC4 coil shock 400lb coil, Christini chain ring adapter with 36T chain ring, KMC e11 chain, Sram gx 11 speed derailleur, Miranda 155mm crank arms, Ergon seat, crank brothers stamp1 pedals, 203mm front rotor, 35mm oil slick stem, Maxxis Minnion DHF and DHR 27.5x2.8, motor has been serviced and all suspension bearing have been replaced.
IMG_20221202_143711.jpg
IMG_20221025_172951.jpg
IMG_20221025_174353.jpg

Last edited:
I think it’s 15 x 110mm,
might be this fork https://www.srsuntour.com/ga/products/fork/AURON-6800.html
although I forgot how the original looks.
Hi, I had the same issue with my front fork. I've pretty much been able to determine that the fork conforms to "Boost" dimensions which are 15 x 110. However, the stock front axle is 165 mm long and every boost front axle that I've seen is only 158 mm. Not sure about the Thread but suspect it's 1.5.

I was forced to order a stock front axle from Sondors. Still waiting. I'd like to replace that with a "Stealth" axle. I'm not fond of the Quick Release.

Attachments

• Rockstar Axle right_front.jpeg
    Rockstar Axle right_front.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 76
Onto the front axle.
my lever pivot broke today and searching the web for a 15mm x 162mm axle turns up nothing.
Has anyone found a replacement front axle?
I replied to this, but it may not have gone to your thread.
I had the same issue with my front fork. I've pretty much been able to determine that the fork conforms to "Boost" dimensions which are 15 x 110. However, the stock front axle is 165 mm long and every boost front axle that I've seen is only 158 mm. Not sure about the Thread but suspect it's 1.5.

I was forced to order a stock front axle from Sondors. Still waiting. I'd like to replace that with a "Stealth" axle. I'm not fond of the Quick Release.

I had the same issue with my front fork. I've pretty much been able to determine that the fork conforms to "Boost" dimensions which are 15 x 110. However, the stock front axle is 165 mm long and every boost front axle that I've seen is only 158 mm. Not sure about the Thread but suspect it's 1.5.

A bit more ... I've ordered a Wolf Boost 15X110 with a length158 mm and a Thread Spec of 1.5. Since the threads and length of original axle are quite bit longer than seem necessary to tighten it, I'm gonna give this a try. I post the results.

A bit more ... I've ordered a Wolf Boost 15X110 with a length158 mm and a Thread Spec of 1.5. Since the threads and length of original axle are quite bit longer than seem necessary to tighten it, I'm gonna give this a try. I post the results.
Rockstar Axle Update. The Wolf Boost Axle, while shorter than the stock axle, is working temporarily - at least until Sondors sends me the replacement axle. It only threads about ⅔ of the way into the locking bolt on the left side, but when tightened, holds everything in place. I will likely do what was suggested by a fellow on the Sondors Rockstar Owners Facebook Group, which is to purchase a longer 15mm axle, cut it to 164mm, and use a thread-cutting die to extend the threads to the 21mm as they are on my original axle. Otherwise I DID find a 15X100x163 axle on modernbike.com, but it's $114 and Out Of Stock.

RoskShox ZEB 29" 170mm forks w/fender, Fox DHX RC4 coil shock 400lb coil, Christini chain ring adapter with 36T chain ring, KMC e11 chain, Sram gx 11 speed derailleur, Miranda 155mm crank arms, Ergon seat, crank brothers stamp1 pedals, 203mm front rotor, 35mm oil slick stem, Maxxis Minnion DHF and DHR 27.5x2.8, motor has been serviced and all suspension bearing have been replaced.View attachment 144265View attachment 144266View attachment 144267
Bike is for Sale comes with a new NukeProof rear wheel in box. $3000.00 firm, Cash only.

Back