Rockstar owners

From your thread heading, I mistakenly (optimistically) thought you might be surveying forum members if they had the pleasure of doing business with a 'rockstar owner' of a most awesome ebike shop.

Silly me.

😎

But then I belatedly noticed this was a Sondors branded, subforum, an on-line only D2C.

🤪

(Gag me with a tire lever. Lol. Just kidding. Admittedly They do have some cool ebike designs though )

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an internal 25amp controller with a custom tune for Sondors. It is not the factory Bafang tune that some people have had issues with.
I have also heard about stock controller on ultra but they are not mixed reviews, they mostly seem to be negative, but with just the stock one thats not been set up by vendors. However, there are several such as Biktrix and wattwagon etc. that apparently do their own fine tuning and get great results. Anxious to hear how Sondors custom tuning works out, smooth and refined I hope. Does anyone know if the highly touted Archon x1 could be used on this if needed. I am not familiar if that process is even possible. Thanks.

From your thread heading, I mistakenly (optimistically) thought you might be surveying forum members if they had the pleasure of doing business with a 'rockstar owner' of a most awesome ebike shop.

Silly me.

😎

But then I belatedly noticed this was a Sondors branded, subforum, an on-line only D2C.

🤪

U still a Rockstar Mike!

I have also heard about stock controller on ultra but they are not mixed reviews, they mostly seem to be negative, but with just the stock one thats not been set up by vendors. However, there are several such as Biktrix and wattwagon etc. that apparently do their own fine tuning and get great results. Anxious to hear how Sondors custom tuning works out, smooth and refined I hope. Does anyone know if the highly touted Archon x1 could be used on this if needed. I am not familiar if that process is even possible. Thanks.

I've read about Watt Wagons and there seems to be no reason why it wouldn't work. They require you send them your Bafang Ultra to have their controller installed in the motor. They will refuse to do the controller change if the motor appears damaged. They say nothing about what bike it comes from. It really shouldn't make a difference. The Archon X1 is designed to run off 48v or 52v. The batteries in the Sondors are 48v21ah. It will however void your warranty from Sondors.

I ordered the Rockstar after falling for Sondors video when they first came out with the introductory YouTube video. The video led me to believe I would have the bike in my possession by late October. I almost ordered 2.
Living in northeast it was just in time for some rides before snow.
I feel is if I have been scammed. Sondors took my cash no problem. When I emailed inquiring on delivery 10-15 or so, I received a reply email stating email had gone out to all October delivery customers it would be late because of parts and other bs. I sent back every email I had received from them and nothing about Rockstar delivery in beginning of October but another scam video for new bike. ( needed more cash to build Rockstar).
They insisted I was notified after asking if I hadn't emailed about delivery when and how was I supposed to know? They were a bit snarky about it as well. Didn't cancel cause I really want to see what Sondors ships.
Then they came up with a video to hold us over. This is a sign that they are so arrogant a video keep them quiet. That is real BS at a depth that requires SUBA.
My biggest problem with the deal it is not me. If I loose $2,600 I'll be ok but pissed about all the others.
It is the the kid or guy that had to really scrimp save to get the cash together for preorder. Maybe late on rent or went hungry.
I really feel bad fo those people.
I am expecting the Rockstar forks to be Chinesss pogo sticks. I think the reason he is late after spending most of the money on preorders he doesn't have enough cash to put Rockstar together. So he came out with new video for the Cruiser. ( more cash)
I can afford to loose the money but get really pissed when I think about the people that can't.
Seems like Sondors makes promises he can't keep but gets money up front.
This is a very different and difficult time for the country.
The last thing people need in this time is someone making promises they can't keep and taking your cash.
If there are any other Sondors owner that have a Sondors bike please reply with buying experience.
I would like to see Sondors come through and save their great reputation they said they have in the videos.
This has been my experience with Sondors so far.
I am making assumptions based on what has happened so far.
Anybody getting sand feeling?

I ordered the Rockstar after falling for Sondors video when they first came out with the introductory YouTube video. The video led me to believe I would have the bike in my possession by late October. I almost ordered 2.
I feel is if I have been scammed. Sondors took my cash no problem. When I emailed inquiring on delivery 10-15 or so, I received a reply email stating email had gone out to all October delivery customers it would be late because of parts and other bs. I sent back every email I had received from them and nothing about Rockstar delivery in beginning of October but another scam video for new bike. ( needed more cash to build Rockstar).
They insisted I was notified after asking if I hadn't emailed about delivery when and how was I supposed to know? They were a bit snarky about it as well. Didn't cancel cause I really want to see what Sondors ships.
Then they came up with a video to hold us over. This is a sign that they are so arrogant a video keep them quiet. That is real BS at a depth that requires SUBA.
My biggest problem with the deal it is not me. If I loose $2,600 I'll be ok but pissed about all the others.
It is the the kid or guy that had to really scrimp save to get the cash together for preorder. Maybe late on rent or went hungry.
I am expecting the Rockstar forks to be Chinesss pogo sticks. I think the reason he is late after spending most of the money on preorders he doesn't have enough cash to put Rockstar together. So he came out with new video for the Cruiser. ( more cash)
I can afford to loose the money but get really pissed when I think about the people that can't.
The last thing people need in this time is someone making promises they can't keep and taking your cash.
If there are any other Sondors owner that have a Sondors bike please reply with buying experience.
I would like to see Sondors come through and save their great reputation they said they have in the videos.

This isn't an original story. Supply is in disarray for all bike suppliers. My buddy ordered a Super73 in July. Was told October delivery. Then November. Now it's December delivery. Go to any manufacturers website and try to buy a bike in stock. The only bikes that have just recently become available are mostly low demand bikes.

The global economy shut down. Stock is depleted. It's not just bikes that are not in stock or batteries or motors not in stock. There is a shortage of materials to build batteries and motors and controllers. The entire supply chain has been disrupted.

US customs is also prioritizing imports. If it's not essential (food, medicine, essential supplies) it's being held to make way for the important stuff. This is the world we currently live in. You cant flip a light switch and everything is magically back to normal.

Consider how small a company Sondors is compared to Johnson & Johnson and what kind of products they supply. Who's getting their product through customs first? My money is on the big corporation not the boutique ebike company. The emails with short videos are only going out to people who already paid. So they aren't getting extra sales from those videos. They are doing it because they know people are upset and want to see their bikes.

They also don't require full payment. A deposit of $299 could get you a build order and you could pay the rest when it ships. It's plastered all over their website.

S
This isn't an original story. Supply is in disarray for all bike suppliers. My buddy ordered a Super73 in July. Was told October delivery. Then November. Now it's December delivery. Go to any manufacturers website and try to buy a bike in stock. The only bikes that have just recently become available are mostly low demand bikes.

The global economy shut down. Stock is depleted. It's not just bikes that are not in stock or batteries or motors not in stock. There is a shortage of materials to build batteries and motors and controllers. The entire supply chain has been disrupted.

US customs is also prioritizing imports. If it's not essential (food, medicine, essential supplies) it's being held to make way for the important stuff. This is the world we currently live in. You cant flip a light switch and everything is magically back to normal.

Consider how small a company Sondors is compared to Johnson & Johnson and what kind of products they supply. Who's getting their product through customs first? My money is on the big corporation not the boutique ebike company. The emails with short videos are only going out to people who already paid. So they aren't getting extra sales from those videos. They are doing it because they know people are upset and want to see their bikes.

They also don't require full payment. A deposit of $299 could get you a build order and you could pay the rest when it ships. It's plastered all over their website.
ok. Right.
I was hoping I was wrong. Other bike is on its way with no problems.
you must be the one excited about the video every Friday. They have one bike.
weird.
As far as payments go I did not want to fill out application for down payments I believe it cost more and they were looking for info about me I don't need to disclose for a bicycle. I felt payment in full would help the order that was placed right after shutdown so they knew the deal but made promises they couldn't keep. They never contacted me to let me know it wasn't coming.
Go watch the video of one bike with your buddy. The money didn't matter. It is the promises to deliver.
Does any one out there have any kind of Sondors Bike that will comment on experience that isn't on payroll?
thank you.

If you pay with the $299 option, you pay a processing fee of 3% more. That's not plastered all over their website.

The problem you made, is you ordered from a video and computer renderings. There were no bikes, no prototypes, and they had really not even chosen all the components yet. Then they made a prototype and the design changed. They can place all the blame on the pandemic if they want to, but they were a long ways from production when they started sales. Like so far away they hadn't done the engineering yet.

If you pay with the $299 option, you pay a processing fee of 3% more. That's not plastered all over their website.

Fair enough. It is written in small print right underneath but certainly not buried away under pages of legal jargon.
3% of $1,999 is $60.
3% of $2,599 is $78.

There is also Paypal credit, no interest if paid in full in 6 months.

My point being, there are options besides forking over the full amount upfront.

Fair enough. It is written in small print right underneath but certainly not buried away under pages of legal jargon.
3% of $1,999 is $60.
3% of $2,599 is $78.

There is also Paypal credit, no interest if paid in full in 6 months.

My point being, there are options besides forking over the full amount upfront.
My option was not to fork over any money until all the early adopter problems are flushed out.

My option was not to fork over any money until all the early adopter problems are flushed out.

Another option indeed. By that time though the retail price will have gone up by potentially $800-$1,400 depending on model. Honestly by that point the bikes may not be competitive with the competition at that price point. They are competitive now which is why I bought now. And like I said, I can always cancel before January

Another option indeed. By that time though the retail price will have gone up by potentially $800-$1,400 depending on model. Honestly by that point the bikes may not be competitive with the competition at that price point. They are competitive now which is why I bought now. And like I said, I can always cancel before January
And hopefully you get some initial feedback from the first batch "guinea pigs"

Back