Riese & Muller 2022 models. Rumors?

inakisoria

Region
Europe
Riese and Muller will introduce the new line-up (2022 bikes) in September 2021.
What do you think they will present?
My hopes... a Load 60 with an integrated battery. Please...

Bring back the sexy colours and implement harder wearing paintwork.
I'd like a manual shift Rohloff, 1250Wh Supercharger with Multicharger like carrying capability/gross vehicle weight rating please! :)
or a SuperDelite with a 30kg capable rear rack & beefier front rack please! :)

Last edited:
I'd like a manual shift Rohloff, 1250Wh Supercharger with Multicharger like carrying capability/gross vehicle weight rating please! :)
Have you ridden a Bosch bike with a Manual Rohloff? It can't say I miss it.

Yes, constantly. And ok, i realise that it would never happen - E14 only from now on.
I think in general there's a move away from cable-actuated shifting (outside Touring models) at R&M. I suspect the Packster 70 Automatiq is a dry run for phasing out mechanical Vario too.

Last edited:
I think in general there's a move away from cable-actuated shifting (outside Touring models) at R&M. I suspect the Packster 70 Automatiq is a dry run for phasing out mechanical Vario too.
I've never been in sync with R&M's Touring models.
I bought a SC1 GX (Rohloff) for extended touring (as we say in Oz, "Out Bush"), have a removable guard protecting the external gear mech of the Rohloff, a spare Belt folded over in a plastic bag weighs a mere 87 grams.
The E14 looks a bit delicate to me for off road snags and not to mention a scenario whereby if you run out of battery for several hours or a day not having an ability to shift gears after a while.
I'm never going back to derailleur's or chain's!

No big changes.
I believe there is a new model coming and some small changes regarding displays but overall it's a very minor update to the range.

Bosch are having supply issues so the next 9 to 12 months will be very interesting anyway...

This is also my wish.
I was thinking of taking the Vario model with SmartphoneHub and later replace the hub with Rohloff (mechanical).

Has anyone done it?
We've inquired as to what it would take a couple times - Depending on the model you have to replace a few other things besides the rear wheel (drop outs, chainring spider etc.) to compensate for the different in the chainline of the Vario and Rohloff.

Also worth noting there's no routing for the mechanical Rohloff lines on the non-driveside chainstay/seatstay anymore, so that could get complicated...

Any news? Last year, the annoucement came in the first week of September.
I don't think there are going to announce anything new, but I could be wrong.
I asked them on this Instagram post (https://www.instagram.com/p/CTSINzWglVs/) and they replied:

"...the MY22 is launched since 1st September. For more information, check our website. We hope you'll like it!"
"...the Multicharger 750 mentioned in the article is a new model variant with the new smart Bosch system. The Nevo also got a new model variant with an automatic enviolo gear. To the other models we've made minor changes but a completely new one was not launched."

I don't think there are going to announce anything new, but I could be wrong.
I asked them on this Instagram post (https://www.instagram.com/p/CTSINzWglVs/) and they replied:

"...the MY22 is launched since 1st September. For more information, check our website. We hope you'll like it!"
"...the Multicharger 750 mentioned in the article is a new model variant with the new smart Bosch system. The Nevo also got a new model variant with an automatic enviolo gear. To the other models we've made minor changes but a completely new one was not launched."
Yeh, the instagram replies were a bit of a damp squib. You’ve got to search really hard to find any changes on the web site for MY22.

Looks like the Bosch Smart System is very limiting at the mo… no dual battery, no Rohloff. I guess this is the bike world after 18 months of supply chain nightmare and global bike boom.

MY21 was so exciting last September: awesome launches of Packster 70, Homage, Roadster, Multicharger. I guess those were in dev for a very long time.

Taking the plunge is tricky with high price purchases from a company with a deserved reputation for innovation.

On this german forum they are talking about the 2022 models. They have even posted links to a new Charger 4 and a new Multitinker, but to be honest... no idea what is going on 😅. I don't understand anything anymore. I think I will stop waiting and buy from their current catalog.
I’m with you @inakisoria ”I don’t understand anything anymore”.

I cannot believe that Multitinker is from the same pen that gave us the wonderful lines of the Packster 70. Looks to me like the unintended consequence of that time Miss Tinker went into the bike shed with Master HSD, Master Multicharger and a big bottle of very strong cider.

I guess a few sexy marketing photos of the thing riding round Oslo harbour, might make me think overwise.

Sad face: I was really looking forward to a clever compact Tinker with all the latest 2022 gizmos, not a me-too HSD.

I have not looked at the website in any depth. Are then any bikes showing with the new Bosch 2022 system on them?

I've never been in sync with R&M's Touring models.
I bought a SC1 GX (Rohloff) for extended touring (as we say in Oz, "Out Bush"), have a removable guard protecting the external gear mech of the Rohloff, a spare Belt folded over in a plastic bag weighs a mere 87 grams.
The E14 looks a bit delicate to me for off road snags and not to mention a scenario whereby if you run out of battery for several hours or a day not having an ability to shift gears after a while.
I'm never going back to derailleur's or chain's!
We are polar opposites. I have come full circle.

I have had one Nuvinci hub and two Rohloffs, one 2018 Homage manual and the other 2019 Homage E14. I had the 2018 manual converted by a R&M dealer to E14. However, after a three months of the 2019 E14 dead in the shop episode on a leaky Rohloff with lousy North American warranty service, I lost trust and am back riding all derailleur and chain bikes.

Yes cleaning and lubing the chain is a bit of a chore but If anything breaks down, derailleurs, chains, sprockets and cassettes are still relatively easy to come by and not very expensive. I have accumulated multiple spares on all of the above, for each of our bikes and can do all the work myself. If anything goes wrong or needs replacing on the drive train, I am back up and running in a matter of hours, not days, weeks or months.

Granted I am retired, so the only thing better I have to do than keeping my bikes in tip top shape is riding them.

I am so done with exotic gearing systems that may not break down often but when they do you risk having an inoperable bike for way too long.

I am so done with exotic gearing systems that may not break down often but when they do you risk having an inoperable bike for way too long.
Of the single scenario whereby you had a manual shift Rohloff, were there any problems with it whatsoever before you converted it to E14?

We've inquired as to what it would take a couple times - Depending on the model you have to replace a few other things besides the rear wheel (drop outs, chainring spider etc.) to compensate for the different in the chainline of the Vario and Rohloff.

Also worth noting there's no routing for the mechanical Rohloff lines on the non-driveside chainstay/seatstay anymore, so that could get complicated...
Do you know if there could be sufficient space on a Non-BoschMy22, E14 MultiCharger for the 2 manual Rohloff cables at all?

Back