REVIEW: QR-E 250W ELECTRIC BOOSTER BICYCLE MOTOR AND B60i AND B70 BATTERY

Hello,

Anyone have any updated experiences with the QR-E Pro? I have a cargo bike that will be otherwise very expensive to turn into an ebike, and this is looking more and more like a great option.

Thanks!
Hi Stanley,

I installed the QR-E Mute on my cargo Bike (Mono Trio Bike - Old Version) and it works OK.

Some back ground info:

I live in Copenhagen - Denmark - so it is basically flat and paved roads. The cargo bike weigh is around 42 kg. But I carry my girls, so it goes to 64-66 KG plus, my weight 80 KG. Total: 144 - 146 KG. And you know, a 3 whee l bike has an increased drag (friction).

I decided to try using the B60 battery, just to test it out. The range is around 7KM, not sure. The QR might slip, when the wheel is wet. I am considering buy another QR Mute (for my other bike) with 2 B70 batteries.

But overall it's a simple solution, if you need a pedal assist. Its a bit hard to install in a Cargo Bike, due to the position - It might be good to use a jack or smth.

The QR Pro probably can give you a better boost, but I guess it depends on the load and terrain where you live.

Hello everyone, I am new here. I installed the QR Mute / B60 battery in my cargo bike.

I noticed that the battery connector is a strange sucker. It's a MR30 - most used in RC stuff. The MR30 has 3 cables - Positive, Negative and Information (?). That's what I was to get from the drawings from the web.

The funny thing is, none of the other batteries have this setup - Information... Anyone tried to use a "normal" 24V battery in the QR-E?

Hello everyone, I am new here. I installed the QR Mute / B60 battery in my cargo bike.

I noticed that the battery connector is a strange sucker. It's a MR30 - most used in RC stuff. The MR30 has 3 cables - Positive, Negative and Information (?). That's what I was to get from the drawings from the web.

The funny thing is, none of the other batteries have this setup - Information... Anyone tried to use a "normal" 24V battery in the QR-E?
I've experimented with this a bit on the Pro -- almost certain it's the same pinout since they say B70 batteries can be used with the Pro. I've got it to power up with "information" totally disconnected but I haven't done extensive testing yet. I think it'll work though. Best I can tell "information" is a logic level signal from the controller back to the battery pack that tells the indicator lights to turn on?

Side note, I tried connecting up a 10s3p battery to the Pro to see if the extra few volts from another cell in series would make it go faster, but actually it refuses to turn on with a battery voltage above 38V.

I've experimented with this a bit on the Pro -- almost certain it's the same pinout since they say B70 batteries can be used with the Pro. I've got it to power up with "information" totally disconnected but I haven't done extensive testing yet. I think it'll work though. Best I can tell "information" is a logic level signal from the controller back to the battery pack that tells the indicator lights to turn on?

Side note, I tried connecting up a 10s3p battery to the Pro to see if the extra few volts from another cell in series would make it go faster, but actually it refuses to turn on with a battery voltage above 38V

Side note, I tried connecting up a 10s3p battery to the Pro to see if the extra few volts from another cell in series would make it go faster, but actually it refuses to turn on with a battery voltage above

Side note, I tried connecting up a 10s3p battery to the Pro to see if the extra few volts from another cell in series would make it go faster, but actually it refuses to turn on with a battery voltage above i

Side note, I tried connecting up a 10s3p battery to the Pro to see if the extra few volts from another cell in series would make it go faster, but actually it refuses to turn on with a battery voltage above 38V.

Hi there. Can you please confirm the position of the "Positive, negative and Information"?

I got some images from Google and it looks funny... Some it appears to be "1-negative / 2-positive" and another one "1-postive / 2-negative"... Where 1 is the "stand alone" connector... Can you confirm which one is correct?

Hi there. Can you please confirm the position of the "Positive, negative and Information"?

I got some images from Google and it looks funny... Some it appears to be "1-negative / 2-positive" and another one "1-postive / 2-negative"... Where 1 is the "stand alone" connector... Can you confirm which one is correct?
On the qiroll kit, negative is the center pin, positive is the adjacent pin in the same segment, and "information" is the "stand alone".

Can always confirm using a multimeter set to DC volts and the appropriate range.

On the qiroll kit, negative is the center pin, positive is the adjacent pin in the same segment, and "information" is the "stand alone".

Can always confirm using a multimeter set to DC volts and the appropriate range.
Thanks. I have to find my multimeter and I will give it it a go. My plan is to buy a frog battery (green cell - 24V - 10,4 aH) and install in my super heavy cargo bike.

Thanks. I have to find my multimeter and I will give it it a go. My plan is to buy a frog battery (green cell - 24V - 10,4 aH) and install in my super heavy cargo bike.
That 24v is likely a nominal voltage, at a glance those batteries seem to be 7s 18650 packs which will be about 29.4V fully charged. The QR-E Mute uses a 6s pack, as confirmed by the listing for the separate battery version https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002264302154.html?

I'm not sure if that pack would work or not, for all I know it might run but if it's like my Pro it also might refuse to work at higher voltages than stock. Unfortunately ready-made 6s batteries seem a little hard to come by

That 24v is likely a nominal voltage, at a glance those batteries seem to be 7s 18650 packs which will be about 29.4V fully charged. The QR-E Mute uses a 6s pack, as confirmed by the listing for the separate battery version https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002264302154.html?

I'm not sure if that pack would work or not, for all I know it might run but if it's like my Pro it also might refuse to work at higher voltages than stock. Unfortunately ready-made 6s batteries seem a little hard to come by
I think I found something in AliExpress.

Do you think this might work?

DKK 316.71 49%OFF | 24V 24Ah 18650 Lithium Battery 6S4P Battery Pack 25.2v 24000mAh Electric Bicycle Moped Spare battery Li-Ion Battery Pack+Charger

I think I found something in AliExpress.

Do you think this might work?

DKK 316.71 49%OFF | 24V 24Ah 18650 Lithium Battery 6S4P Battery Pack 25.2v 24000mAh Electric Bicycle Moped Spare battery Li-Ion Battery Pack+Charger
specs look right, no idea about the quality. Price seems suspiciously low?

Hi everyone, would like to thank the thread op ebike for posting valuable information about the qiroll. I've been searching all over the web and on youtube and found this op thread. Finally took a bite bought QRE PRO with 2x H70 battery kit last week at the website https://qirollshop.com/ seems cheaper than on ebay. Hope it arrive soon. Been commuting to work for more than 20 years but my house is way on top of the hills at very steep incline, hopefully it would help my aging legs.

Btw i have a question, is Qiroll kits waterproof? Have anyone ridden under heavy rain?

Hi everyone, would like to thank the thread op ebike for posting valuable information about the qiroll. I've been searching all over the web and on youtube and found this op thread. Finally took a bite bought QRE PRO with 2x H70 battery kit last week at the website https://qirollshop.com/ seems cheaper than on ebay. Hope it arrive soon. Been commuting to work for more than 20 years but my house is way on top of the hills at very steep incline, hopefully it would help my aging legs.

Btw i have a question, is Qiroll kits waterproof? Have anyone ridden under heavy rain?
So I think the answer is... kind of? I think the Qiroll kit itself is pretty well sealed and I've ridden it in rain a few times. I think I'd be most worried about water dripping into the battery connector while connecting or disconnecting it, but if it's already connected it seems ok.

Since it's a friction drive and wet tires = less friction, it becomes more important that the roller is tight enough against the tire to get grip in the wet, otherwise it can and will slip. I'd recommend wider tires for those planning to ride in the rain -- 700x35c or wider probably. It doesn't work well in rain on my bike with narrower 28c tires.

So I think the answer is... kind of? I think the Qiroll kit itself is pretty well sealed and I've ridden it in rain a few times. I think I'd be most worried about water dripping into the battery connector while connecting or disconnecting it, but if it's already connected it seems ok.

Since it's a friction drive and wet tires = less friction, it becomes more important that the roller is tight enough against the tire to get grip in the wet, otherwise it can and will slip. I'd recommend wider tires for those planning to ride in the rain -- 700x35c or wider probably. It doesn't work well in rain on my bike with narrower 28c tires.
Thanks for the info, glad to hear since i commute a lot in the rain. Should have no problem friction drive in wet since i use sticky tires.

Unfortunately the Qiroll QRE Pro package was still not deliver out for shipping since my last post. Still worry how long i have to wait since its been more than a week. Has anyone has issue buying from official shop.

Thanks for the info, glad to hear since i commute a lot in the rain. Should have no problem friction drive in wet since i use sticky tires.

Unfortunately the Qiroll QRE Pro package was still not deliver out for shipping since my last post. Still worry how long i have to wait since its been more than a week. Has anyone has issue buying from official shop.
Generally no issues, but I know somebody whos order is also taking a while to ship now. My guess is that the recent covid lockdowns in China/Shenzhen could be delaying things...

Has anyone who recently purchase and awaiting received email from QiRoll?
As per attached looks like i'll be receiving mine somewhere in the month of May. That means took 2 month to reach my door step. They should have delivered it after i made payment a week before covid lockdown strikes. Slow and poor processing response. *Face palm*.

Attachments

• news_qiroll.png
    news_qiroll.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 196
Good news guys! My kit arrived in 7 days after the Qiroll staff went back to office after long ShangHai lockdown. Jason manage to get the stuff delivered asap on time. Great job!

Got my QR-E PRO with H70 battery kit and installed on my daily commuter road bike and rode through various weather dry and wet. I'm very impress how much the PRO version can pull so much torque noticeably during uphill climb at 15% incline with all boost. My legs just spin so casually. Below are summary of my findings (i used sport mode a lot):

Ref:
> Rider weight: 65kg
> Commuter setup road bike weight + bags + with Qiroll Q-RE Pro + Batt: 10.5kg
> Road bike with 700c x 25 slick tires (Pirelli P-ZERO full bald slick).

On dry weather:
+ 21~26km/h non-pedaling mode.
+ 34km/h on assisted casual pedaling.
+ 42~45km/h on high cadence pedaling with boost trigger before Q-RE PRO exceed its rpm assist and no longer able to provide extra acceleration. There's no more assist past 46km/h.
+ 5~10km/h on 15% hill gradient with assisted casual pedaling.
+ 20km/h on 15% hill gradient with boost trigger assisted casual pedaling.

On wet/rain weather (wet tires):
+ 5km/h non-pedaling mode (motor slips a lot).
+ 20km/h on assisted casual pedaling (motor slips a lot).
+ 32~34km/h on high cadence pedaling with boost trigger before Q-RE PRO exceed its rpm assist and no longer able to catch up (motor slips a lot).
+ 5km/h on 15% hill gradient with assisted casual pedaling (motor slips a lot).
+ 10km/h on 15% hill gradient with boost trigger assisted casual pedaling (motor slips a lot).

*Obviously Q-RE pro slips a lot on wet slick tires when the tires are dampy wet. I can hear the motor whining a lot try to catch a grip on slipper tire threads.

Is it waterproof?
I'm not 100% sure the bike was outside fully exposed drench in heavy rain so i can see my Q-RE PRO unit all soak up heavily with water including the handle bar switches and wire connection. I rode and hit the deep puddle of water too and it was continuously raining. All i can say from what i experienced it seems ok being fully wet.

Overall i used sport mode and frequently trigger the boost on mixture of flat and hilly area, so with fully charged H70 battery i left with just used up 25% juice (3 LED lit) for the range of 25km range. As a daily commuter going from home to work place daily the Q-RE PRO totally worth the money for my commuting purposes. Now at the office with no sweat and pain on my legs. I can ride all day! But will try to avoid wet roads if i could. I like the Q-RE kit, it doesn't make my bike looks too much of an ebike and remain stealth, the motor sound quite silent too. Sometimes i go 'moped' mode if i'm too lazy to pedal.

Attachments

• IMG_20220616_104010.jpg
    IMG_20220616_104010.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20220616_104311.jpg
    IMG_20220616_104311.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20220616_174951.jpg
    IMG_20220616_174951.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20220616_175030.jpg
    IMG_20220616_175030.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_20220616_175041.jpg
    IMG_20220616_175041.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 372
Finished cleaning my bike after rain and being dirty during commute on QR-E PRO few days ago. So here are photos of my clean build with QR-E PRO kit with H70 battery on my 12 year old road bike that i commute to work daily. I like the stealth look for not being 'totally' an ebike from outside and still keep being lightweight. The bike now weighted around 9.5kg with kit installed. Now its a powerful hill climber, really helpful to get me back home with less sore on my 40s year old leg muscles.

Photos:
IMG_20220623_063258.jpg

IMG_20220623_063316.jpg

IMG_20220623_063410.jpg
IMG_20220623_063417.jpg

IMG_20220623_063524.jpg

I've been riding daily to work this week both hot and extremely rainy season on QR-E PRO and i kind a like i how it performed and helped a lot to ease commute on my bicycle. I didn't fully waterproof it yet and it did holds well in heavy rains and even soak heavily outside the office where i park in the open exposed to weather.

Here's the video from reddit i posted climbing uphill, weave through traffic, grass and speeds in heavy rain.

Video link >>:

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Big problem: Some serious Cons on QR-E friction tape
However despite some good amount of pedal assistance i notice that everyday i had serious problem with their friction came out loose and ejected violently on the road as i speeding and also climbing slowly and high incline slope. It always happened in the evening on hot weather but nothing happened in cold morning. QR-E PRO gets over heated and the friction tape glue melted causing it to slip hard and ejected. Sometimes it sounded like some plastic card slapping hard loudly against my chainstays of my bike frame before it flung out into the grounds. Unfortunately i've lost 6x newly installed friction tape in just one week of riding. I couldn't retrieve the peeled friction tape that was bounced on the road due to incoming traffic so its quite dangerous and hazardous to pick it up. So i ended having to peel new spare pack of friction tape and again the next day it happens over and over. I did try using super glue and bits of epoxy to keep it stick hard to the roller but it doesn't worked. I've tried lots of clutch adjustment from loose, medium and tight pressure on the roller to the tires but all ended the same problem having flung out from the bike.
I'm trying to contact Jason from Qiroll via email to have a word and solution about it later. Attached are photo's of mishaps.

IMG_20220624_171501.jpg

IMG_20220624_174158.jpg

IMG_20220624_174216.jpg

IMG_20220624_175555.jpg

Last edited:
Updates: Qiroll sending PRO version of friction tape.

Good news, i just emailed Jason from Qiroll company and received quick responses few minutes ago. They will be sending me replacement of PRO version of friction tape that can handle heat and pedal torque that fits my riding style, hopefully will solve overall problem. Meanwhile while waiting to receive the improve PRO friction tape i might need to do some DIY fix to enable me to use normal version of frcition tape temporarily so i can commute to work next day while waiting for the parcel to arrive. Will keep you guys updated.

*Note: Thanks to Qiroll technical support for fast customer service and assistance via email. :)

DIY fix solution: Home made ghetto friction tape lock ring
While waiting for the improve PRO friction tape to be delivered by Qiroll, yesterday i've decided to do some DIY fixes how to keep this stock friction tape intact from flung out at high speed again or avoid slipping out from melted glue (when roller motor gets hot due to overheating) when i get torquey pedalling up hill. I pull out some hard wires and plier, wrap each side of the friction tape into ring like clamp and twist the wires to tighten it. This will keep the friction tape lock on tight firmly on to the friction roller. I did some test on my training roller, few high speed laps around town and climbing on hard gradient hill and it worked!!...for now. The only drawback is since both wires clamped on each side of the friction tape the usable tire contact area with the roller is quite narrow but ok since my tire size is at 700cx25. Looks ok and hope it holds up until i received the PRO frictiontape from Qiroll company. Today i commute to office on hot morning; with some hills climb and high speed passes through traffic again clocked from 41km/h to 60km/h, motor does over heating but lucky the friction tape no longer fluttering around or flung out anymore... now it feels more solid and trust worthy performance!.

Attached photos of my DIY fixes below:

IMG_20220626_125413.jpg

IMG_20220626_125454.jpg

IMG_20220626_125508.jpg

IMG_20220626_125552.jpg

IMG_20220626_125605.jpg

IMG_20220626_125648.jpg

IMG_20220626_125422.jpg

Thank you to everyone who has posted about the qiroll. My main issue with ebikes is the excessive weight. I have a 41# BH gravel bike with Yamaha PW-SE mid drive, a couple Tongsheng TSDZ2 mid drive kits and a bike with a rear geared hub motor. They all work great but I'm constantly taking the TSDZ2 off of bikes (and putting it on a different bike) because I miss riding a lighter bike without the motor and battery. QIROLL looks like something that I want to try on bikes where the total weight including the kit will still be in the area of 30# but:
Ebay only lists the lower power "mute" version and not the pro
The QIROLL web sight lists both but doesn't recognize my location to estimate shipping.

Q:
Is the pro version very loud (and compared to the mute version for those who have tried both like the OP)?
Has anyone successfully ordered directly from qiroll, if so what was the shipping charge (I'm in the US, pacific NW)?
I want to use it on a 20" folder so torque should be better than on bikes with larger wheels but I need assist really only for hills, of which there are a lot of long steep ones where I ride.

Sorry if I don't reply for a couple days as I will be in remote areas without cell service
Thanks in advance

Back