REVIEW: QR-E 250W ELECTRIC BOOSTER BICYCLE MOTOR AND B60i AND B70 BATTERY

Hello. I bought it. I put it on a tern verg d9. Exactly what I was looking for. I have a question. Does anyone know approximate motor life?now order the b70 battery for spare and long distance.

Hi, Kouzou:

I'm glad the Qiroll system is working out for you. As for the motor's durability, I understand it's virtually indestructible and should last for years. I actually went over a curb and it hit the motor and left a dent in it and it's still working perfectly. It's about a year now since I got it.

I'm also testing the new Qiroll Pro motor and battery. It is more powerful than the original motor and battery. The battery is slightly bigger and lasts a bit longer and also has the ability to be recharged when used with the Qiroll Pro motor.

But for me the big difference is in the Qiroll Pro motor's increased power. It makes a noticeable difference in speed and power on the level and upward incline riding. It does seem to put added stress on the friction tape though and I've noticed it tends to wear it down but that stabilizes after awhile once it settles into a groove.

Enjoy the Qiroll and many years of assisted pedal bicycling!

Hi, Kouzou:

I'm glad the Qiroll system is working out for you. As for the motor's durability, I understand it's virtually indestructible and should last for years. I actually went over a curb and it hit the motor and left a dent in it and it's still working perfectly. It's about a year now since I got it.

I'm also testing the new Qiroll Pro motor and battery. It is more powerful than the original motor and battery. The battery is slightly bigger and lasts a bit longer and also has the ability to be recharged when used with the Qiroll Pro motor.

But for me the big difference is in the Qiroll Pro motor's increased power. It makes a noticeable difference in speed and power on the level and upward incline riding. It does seem to put added stress on the friction tape though and I've noticed it tends to wear it down but that stabilizes after awhile once it settles into a groove.

thanks for the answer. I can ask if this movement of the motor is normal when I depress the throttle because in their review I do not see anything like that.i mean when I depress the throttle the motor moving forward fast and back again.upload a video below

Last edited:
Hi, Kouzou:

Hi, Kouzou:

Hi, Kouzou:

I just installed one of these on my husband's Specialized Diverge as a Father's Day present, since he doesn't want to get an ebike, but as he gets older is having more difficulty climbing hills which means that he doesn't ride as much as he would like. You can't really install a lot else on the Diverge since it's a thru axle carbon frame with a non-standard BB. Maybe a Grin Allaxle but that's about it. And I figured the Qiroll was a low enough investment where if it didn't work, I could sell it and not be out a huge amount of money.

I got the standard Qiroll (not the Pro version) so I had no choice but to install it on the chainstay with the included adapter. None of the included machine screws were long enough, but a trip to the hardware store for 2.5 inch machine screws did the trick. Installing it on the chainstay doesn't leave a whole lot of extra tire clearance, so we wouldn't be able to run wider tires with this setup, but since hubby likes thinner road/touring tires (25mm Schwalbe Marathons), and rides on pavement instead of dirt/gravel it worked out ok. In retrospect the Pro version might have worked better because then we could have installed it on top of the seat stay and thus maintained tire clearance, but I also like that it's more inconspicuous down below the bottom bracket.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMlSjkeC-gY1D-dZqVaPaZX9btb-XJz3F0nJdoK

I had to experiment to get optimal pressure on the tire so that it either doesn't slip or has too much rolling resistance to work properly, but once I got it right it seems to work well. The 1 mile hill to our house ranges between 8%-16% grade (fortunately most of it is closer to the lower end) and surprisingly I'm able to climb it with this motor (I can't without assistance - the only people who cycle up our hill are people on ebikes or elite riders training for races). My own bike is equipped with a 250W ebikemotion X35 so I'm used to climbing with a lower power pedelec.

Things to keep in mind with this little unit are (1) your bike has to have the gearing and such to handle whatever terrain you want to climb, even if you need the extra assistance to do so and (2) you have to help, sometimes a lot. And (3) don't have unrealistic expectations - it's not the same as having an hub or mid-drive motor. Also, it really doesn't like wet dirt - paved surfaces only, or if you're on any dirt at all, it needs to be bone dry or else it will slip (most of the road going up to our house is paved, other than the last 2/10 of a mile beyond the crest of the hill - fortunately, by that point we don't need the motor anymore).

Kouzou - are you still having problems with yours? It looks almost like the three allen screws that position the motor into place aren't tightened all the way causing it to swing up when you actuate the throttle.

Last edited:
I just installed one of these on my husband's Specialized Diverge as a Father's Day present, since he doesn't want to get an ebike, but as he gets older is having more difficulty climbing hills which means that he doesn't ride as much as he would like. You can't really install a lot else on the Diverge since it's a thru axle carbon frame with a non-standard BB. Maybe a Grin Allaxle but that's about it. And I figured the Qiroll was a low enough investment where if it didn't work, I could sell it and not be out a huge amount of money.

I got the standard Qiroll (not the Pro version) so I had no choice but to install it on the chainstay with the included adapter. None of the included machine screws were long enough, but a trip to the hardware store for 2.5 inch machine screws did the trick. Installing it on the chainstay doesn't leave a whole lot of extra tire clearance, so we wouldn't be able to run wider tires with this setup, but since hubby likes thinner road/touring tires (25mm Schwalbe Marathons), and rides on pavement instead of dirt/gravel it worked out ok. In retrospect the Pro version might have worked better because then we could have installed it on top of the seat stay and thus maintained tire clearance, but I also like that it's more inconspicuous down below the bottom bracket.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMlSjkeC-gY1D-dZqVaPaZX9btb-XJz3F0nJdoK

I had to experiment to get optimal pressure on the tire so that it either doesn't slip or has too much rolling resistance to work properly, but once I got it right it seems to work well. The 1 mile hill to our house ranges between 8%-16% grade (fortunately most of it is closer to the lower end) and surprisingly I'm able to climb it with this motor (I can't without assistance - the only people who cycle up our hill are people on ebikes or elite riders training for races). My own bike is equipped with a 250W ebikemotion X35 so I'm used to climbing with a lower power pedelec.

Things to keep in mind with this little unit are (1) your bike has to have the gearing and such to handle whatever terrain you want to climb, even if you need the extra assistance to do so and (2) you have to help, sometimes a lot. And (3) don't have unrealistic expectations - it's not the same as having an hub or mid-drive motor. Also, it really doesn't like wet dirt - paved surfaces only, or if you're on any dirt at all, it needs to be bone dry or else it will slip (most of the road going up to our house is paved, other than the last 2/10 of a mile beyond the crest of the hill - fortunately, by that point we don't need the motor anymore).

Kouzou - are you still having problems with yours? It looks almost like the three allen screws that position the motor into place aren't tightened all the way causing it to swing up when you actuate the throttle.
the kit has problems. I spoke with the company we exchanged over 15 emails. I was told to move 8 mm towards the tire. Things got worse. the engine jumped all the time. I tried all the possible pressures and all the possible distances. the only way it works is like the video. the screws from the c ring are tight. this is not to blame. your video says error 404.

the kit has problems. I spoke with the company we exchanged over 15 emails. I was told to move 8 mm towards the tire. Things got worse. the engine jumped all the time. I tried all the possible pressures and all the possible distances. the only way it works is like the video. the screws from the c ring are tight. this is not to blame. your video says error 404.

Seams like QR-E PRO is quite awesome
but cannot contact QiRoll about purchasing.......

Though sometimes you can get a slightly better deal on either eBay or Aliexpress, especially if you have any coupon codes. I bought mine from eBay.

Kouzou - hope you can get yours sorted out! Sounds like you have a bad unit. The one I have works flawlessly just like in their videos.

Hopefully you can see the photo now.

Attachments

• qiroll on specialized diverge.png
    qiroll on specialized diverge.png
    2 MB · Views: 575

Though sometimes you can get a slightly better deal on either eBay or Aliexpress, especially if you have any coupon codes. I bought mine from eBay.

Kouzou - hope you can get yours sorted out! Sounds like you have a bad unit. The one I have works flawlessly just like in their videos.

Hopefully you can see the photo now.
uploaded a video. lift the wheel and press the accelerator. do not rush you will see on the road that it will create a problem for you. the aluminum bases that the kit supports are crap. they bend very easily. as long as you tighten the screws they bend. the screws are crap. they break very easily. the whole system does not tighten at all and is unstable.

uploaded a video. lift the wheel and press the accelerator. do not rush you will see on the road that it will create a problem for you. the aluminum bases that the kit supports are crap. they bend very easily. as long as you tighten the screws they bend. the screws are crap. they break very easily. the whole system does not tighten at all and is unstable.
I got better screws from the hardware store which worked a lot better than the ones that came with the kit. I'm considering using mounting putty as opposed to the thin rubber pads that came with it. So far its holding well, but I had to play with it a lot to get it in the right position to where it would stay secure and far enough away from the tire for adequate clearance. Putty may work better to keep it stabilized and in the right position. I saw that one person used putty in the pictures posted on the qiroll website, though I wouldn't use near as much as that person used.

I got better screws from the hardware store which worked a lot better than the ones that came with the kit. I'm considering using mounting putty as opposed to the thin rubber pads that came with it. So far its holding well, but I had to play with it a lot to get it in the right position to where it would stay secure and far enough away from the tire for adequate clearance. Putty may work better to keep it stabilized and in the right position. I saw that one person used putty in the pictures posted on the qiroll website, though I wouldn't use near as much as that person used.
when you get to the point of putting putty something is wrong. I personally asked for a 50% refund. I did this because I had ordered spare parts. so for 150 euros I will deal with it.. I have changed the aluminum pieces and I have put steel.

Finally received my QRE-Pro.
luckily able install on Jango Flik!
Maybe the mechanic clutch should be controlled by wire is better than screw.
Please Qiroll dev team consider option parts.

Attachments

• IMG_20210810_211221.jpg
    IMG_20210810_211221.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 395
Finally received my QRE-Pro.
luckily able install on Jango Flik!
Maybe the mechanic clutch should be controlled by wire is better than screw.
Please Qiroll dev team consider option parts.

when you get on the bike the behavior of the bike will change. I do not know why but it is not the same. go up and do it and you will see that it will not be like now

Hello,

Anyone have any updated experiences with the QR-E Pro? I have a cargo bike that will be otherwise very expensive to turn into an ebike, and this is looking more and more like a great option.

Thanks!

Overall I really like the Pro. I have it on a road bike with 28c tires, sometimes roller grip is marginal if it's wet out. No worries with wider tires though I think. Regen braking could be better (it's a bit choppy and I decided I don't really wanna bother). Also had some trouble with the mount slipping, ended up gluing the brackets to my frame.

But the weight/performance is phenomenal for the cost and I like how flexible it is to install. Overall build quality is good. It really does go 25-28mph on my setup and I get a range of around 25mi.

Perhaps most excitingly, I figured out how to add pedal assist! It's a somewhat involved electronics project, but if anyone else wants to build it I'm happy to provide advice! (or use it as a starting point for an alternate design)

Overall I really like the Pro. I have it on a road bike with 28c tires, sometimes roller grip is marginal if it's wet out. No worries with wider tires though I think. Regen braking could be better (it's a bit choppy and I decided I don't really wanna bother). Also had some trouble with the mount slipping, ended up gluing the brackets to my frame.

But the weight/performance is phenomenal for the cost and I like how flexible it is to install. Overall build quality is good. It really does go 25-28mph on my setup and I get a range of around 25mi.

Perhaps most excitingly, I figured out how to add pedal assist! It's a somewhat involved electronics project, but if anyone else wants to build it I'm happy to provide advice! (or use it as a starting point for an alternate design)
Thanks for the reply. I should receive my QR-E Pro next week. I’ll report on how the install goes - I’m not really looking for a replacement for pedaling but a boost on hills especially, so I’m hopeful it’ll work!

And I’ll definitely take a close look at that pedal assist setup of yours!

Pardon me if missed: can the qiroll be mounted in any rotational direction? Im looking for this to go on my footbike. TYIA.

Attachments

• 20211212_121837.jpg
    20211212_121837.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 231
Back