REVIEW: QR-E 250W ELECTRIC BOOSTER BICYCLE MOTOR AND B60i AND B70 BATTERY

Why not try the friction sticker that Qiroll provides and see how it works for you, maybe you'll have a different experience and it's easy to change anyway. I didn't come up with the sanding belt idea, I saw that the Gboost friction drive appears to use it, you can check their web site. It doesn't have adhesive so it has to be glued on the roller and UHU is what they list.
View attachment 183807 View attachment 183808

I bought a selection of various grit good quality 1" wide sanding belts and 60 grit is the first one I used. I haven't had a need to change it. I didn't want to glue it directly to the roller so I used some 1" wide 1/16" thick solid adhesive backed neoprene directly on the roller (from Amazon, not the spongy type neoprene) and glued the sanding belt to the neoprene underlayer. The two layers are about as thick as the stock rubber friction sticker. The grit in the sanding belts I have is embedded in a durable resin much more resistant to wear than the anti-slip tapes that I tried. Of course 3dlx has had great success with the anti-slip friction tape so you might want to give that a try first, if the stock friction sticker doesn't work for you. Good luck with your project, I hope the Qiroll Pro works well for you.
yes this is an interesting concept, a way to put a little assist on a favorite bike, other than the weight an"i mortor" worked fairly good.

got tempted by a nice trek aluminum hybrid,thought about a friction drive but-i cant hardly keep a 2 wheeler up these days so i will do the right thing and nix that idea, eventually a forward trike may be in my future

Here's a picture of the 60 grit sanding belt. Has some debris stuck in it but not worn. I've used a small wire brush before to clean out dried debris build up.
IMG_20241010_105632543_HDR.jpg

These new posts got me going on my Qiroll again. Installed (again) with a gate spring which works pretty well. Nice day I'll try riding up my road. Triple chainring allows very low gearing, as low as 22-40.
IMG_20241010_124004338_HDR.jpg

Back