Replacing seat post & saddle on Vado SL

Jorge M

Region
USA
I’d like to swap out my wife’s stock saddle & post on her Vado SL. I have a new Specialized mirror that I bought on sale & carbon post but would like to be able to use the stock red rear light. I’m wondering if anyone has managed to reuse the wiring & light. The Specialized saddles have a place to attach the light but I’m not sure how to attach the wiring with a different seatpost. Possibly drilling a small hole? Thanks for any ideas.

I’d like to swap out my wife’s stock saddle & post on her Vado SL. I have a new Specialized mirror that I bought on sale & carbon post but would like to be able to use the stock red rear light. I’m wondering if anyone has managed to reuse the wiring & light. The Specialized saddles have a place to attach the light but I’m not sure how to attach the wiring with a different seatpost. Possibly drilling a small hole? Thanks for any ideas.

which post, and which clamp design does your carbon post have? don’t drill a hole in the post, but you may be able to get the wires out the top depending on the post and clamp.

Thanks Stefan. The post is a two post one but set up parallel to top tube not the opposite as the stock one. Will make no difference as to attaching the saddle. There is no opening on it but there is a thin plate which looks like it could be drilled with a small bit & not cause any problems in order to pass a wire through.

Back