Is Vado Step Through truly a “Step Through “

Pete 6016

With swinging my leg over the saddle on my 2020 Vado 4.0 SL becoming more difficult, I’m thinking of moving into a Vado Step Through. But the Vado ST looks more like a mid step. I’m wondering if those of you who have a Vado ST are actually able to step on and off the bike without swinging your leg over the saddle. I can see that the Como low step would allow that, but I really want to stick with a Vado. My LBS now only stocks Gazelles. But they’ll still order Specialized. Thanks.

Gazelle makes some of the best step-thru bikes. It is their Dutch lineage.

1690661868370.jpeg
1690661970138.jpeg

With swinging my leg over the saddle on my 2020 Vado 4.0 SL becoming more difficult, I’m thinking of moving into a Vado Step Through. But the Vado ST looks more like a mid step. I’m wondering if those of you who have a Vado ST are actually able to step on and off the bike without swinging your leg over the saddle. I can see that the Como low step would allow that, but I really want to stick with a Vado. My LBS now only stocks Gazelles. But they’ll still order Specialized. Thanks.
You confuse Step-Thru with Low-Step. Vado ST is not Low-Step. You do not swing your leg over the saddle on a ST e-bike. You step through the top tube. Easy to learn.

1690664709436.png

A Vado ST. A Low-Step e-bike would not have the top tube.

Besides, I have learned stepping through the top tube of the regular Vado SL Step-Over, too. I cannot swing my leg over the saddle.

You confuse Step-Thru with Low-Step. Vado ST is not Low-Step. You do not swing your leg over the saddle on a ST e-bike. You step through the top tube. Easy to learn.

View attachment 159257
A Vado ST. A Low-Step e-bike would not have the top tube.

Besides, I have learned stepping through the top tube of the regular Vado SL Step-Over, too. I cannot swing my leg over the saddle.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Gives me confidence in considering the ST on a Vado. I do see a lot of low steps on the road. But prefer the ST frame style as shown in the photo you attached. But I’m intrigued by your ability to get on and off a regular Vado SL step over without swinging your leg over the saddle. I’ll have to give it a try to see how you do it.

Wasn’t aware of a dropper seat post. I’ll look it up. Thanks
Makes the seat go up and down like an office chair.

Not sure if @PedalUma is making a joke that's going over my head, but install can be very easy if you buy a wireless one. The cost difference is offset by the fact that you can easily self-install.

But I’m intrigued by your ability to get on and off a regular Vado SL step over without swinging your leg over the saddle. I’ll have to give it a try to see how you do it.
Getting on is easy. Getting off is harder. Still, my legs are so bad I cannot mount or dismount my Vado SL otherwise!

I apologize for my bad spoken English!

Getting on is easy. Getting off is harder. Still, my legs are so bad I cannot mount or dismount my Vado SL otherwise!

That is absolutely fantastic. What a wonderful video. I’m definitely going to try that out on my SL today. Thank you so much. And your English is great.

Oh, was that English. I thought you were speaking your native Polish! 🤪 Actually, a great video. I recall you discussing this method before but the video is much clearer. I still think I would land on my tuchus.

A tall friend use to swing his leg over the handlebar!!! That seemed completely insane.

Step through are so much easier to mount and dismount. I quite often scoot bike with one leg then slide the other leg through once under way, repeat for dismounting. Doubt you can do that with low step.
Dropper posts are brillant for stop start traffic as you can lower seat and place both feet on ground. Also good on descents which is why MTBers invented them. Some even come with suspension but I've not had any lucky finding a supplier.

Back