Reention newly upgrade 48V 25Ah&36V 30Ah (505L) interchangeable for eBikes Surface 604,NCM,Rize,Magnum,Aventon

I'm into this discussion late, but if I understand what the goal is, it is to provide a constant voltage to the controller even as the battery discharges or sags as it is being used? The idea being the controller/motor would then respond consistently throughout the discharge cycle of the battery? If you do end up getting one, I would be curious to know how well it works.
Correct! Let's hope that in the end we find the best solution for this and not a very expensive one. After the battery drops to 50v, you no longer have the same torque as before, and this interests me more than the speed, to be able to accelerate as quickly as possible at the green light. Even with the battery consumed 40%, I can still reach 37kph but the torque it feels like it is no longer as strong, especially when the voltage reaches 46.6v.

Yes, I also totally agree with you. Those who had problems were because they do not have unlocked displays and the voltage is set to 36v instead of 48v, and thank you for the answer about the DC-DC converter. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005249925637.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.6fb161d7ThHYD8&mp=1 What do you say about this power supply?I think it will work well. I see that the motherboard has many chips which gives the feeling of something professional. View attachment 155341I'm interested in having 54-55v all the time, I don't want to force more. Already after about 20km the voltage reaches 50-51v and when the battery is fully charged it shows 54.3v. When two lines go from the battery and I accelerate, the voltage drops somewhere around 46.6v, and when I don't move somewhere around 48.1v after about 40 or so km.View attachment 155347

My concern with the unit you found is that it's not sealed from the weather. It does claim to be able to handle 1200w but I feel looking at the pics the heatsink won't handle 1200w sustained, I could be wrong though it would need to dissipate about 120w if it's got 10% losses.

REMINDER

I will never ask you to send payment off-line. Be care of this kind scammer. We only deal the order via our Alibaba.com shop.
Pls try not to leave any personal contact info online,especially phone number.

Thank you for all your continued support!

Jenny

[email protected]
[email protected]

358848445_1316806855916666_6051876619942847587_n.jpg

REMINDER!!!
Some customers received scammers about their Alibaba order.
Pls kindly be VERY VERY carful of any suspicious message that asks for payment or personal info.
Pls tell me if you receive any suspicious email or message that is related to your order.
Thank you!

微信截图_20230717150205.png

Correct! Let's hope that in the end we find the best solution for this and not a very expensive one. After the battery drops to 50v, you no longer have the same torque as before, and this interests me more than the speed, to be able to accelerate as quickly as possible at the green light. Even with the battery consumed 40%, I can still reach 37kph but the torque it feels like it is no longer as strong, especially when the voltage reaches 46.6v.
It's not just a matter of losing peak torque availability, either:

A motor like the m620 runs much cooler at 60V×17a=1020W than at 48V×21a=1008W. Any heat is wasted Ah. Lower voltage means more waste.

In such cases, a 48V controller pulling ≤30a from a 14s6p pack, will get more Ah per cell before they drop below 3V, than from a 13s6p pack, because as soon as the 13s pack drops in voltage even slightly, the ≥48V motor needs a lot more amperage to maintain its original speeds. Even for high discharge rate cells, discharging fast means discharging less efficiently.

Because amperage demand increases acutely as soon as voltage degrades, the total Ah extracted per cell per charge, is higher for the cells in a 14s6p pack than the cells in a 13s6p pack, on a ≥48V system. 😕

Last edited:
Couple notes regarding 52v and Das-Kit. I've used a 52v battery many times on my Moscow+ and my son's Amego/Moscow. Both handled it fine and his Moscow has an unrestricted display so it really uses the 52v and he can get well over 40km/hr and maintain it.
Also OVT if your boost converter looks like the one in the pic be slightly careful, that unit in the pic does not look capable of handling 1200w
Also note that so long as the 52V battery's maximum charge voltage does not make the controller complain of over-voltage, a 48V controller with a 52V battery gets more MPH per watt because the 52V battery doesn't sag below the 48V system's optimum.

In most cases where a 48V controller is not rejecting 52V batteries, raising the low-voltage discharge limit on the controller is sufficient to protect the battery while gaining significant range & staying power without any other parts swapped.

I have a question: Why do the Reention Dorado batteries cost almost twice as much as other batteries?? These are just two examples of much cheaper batteries.The Reention Dorado box costs under €100, the batteries cost another €200. So where does the rest of the money up to €500-600 go?
1689959680350.png
1689959570146.png

I have a question: Why do the Reention Dorado batteries cost almost twice as much as other batteries?? These are just two examples of much cheaper batteries.The Reention Dorado box costs under €100, the batteries cost another €200. So where does the rest of the money up to €500-600 go?
You're not comparing apples to apples. Cells can be priced anywhere from $1.00 to $3.00. A good builder will have certifications UN and or UL. That's THOUSANDS of dollars for each model sold.
Then the BMS, again $3.00 to $50. Cheap batteries will be often hand built and with inconsistent welds and the welded connections may be cheap nickel coated steel rather than pure nickel.
Then there's the expenses any good business with quality products has. Little things like wages and benefits.
It's a funny world we each think we have value as workers and business owners and then turn around and nickel and dime a fella trying to make a buck.

Lol! That's not a good argument. This is my Reention Dorado 48v 21Ah battery. Where does it say that it has UN or UL certifications? I tell you, nowhere! And if you still brought this up, look at another example, a 48v 32Ah battery that costs only €270 and, as you can see, it also has Certifications: CE, UL, FCC, RoHS, ISO9001. So if other batteries are much cheaper, it does not mean that they are also bad. We have to be smart and stop being fooled by one or the other. So I'm still waiting for an answer from someone specialized who can answer me why Reention Dorado batteries cost more than double compared to other batteries? They just don't contain gold, do they?

1690050447215.png
1690050981906.png

1690051040168.png

So in my opinion Reention Dorado batteries should not cost more than €300, the rest of the money up to €500-600 means a double profit for the seller. :) In my country we have a saying: It's not fool who asks, it's fool who gives! So if there weren't so many fools and naive people on earth, the others wouldn't be able to get rich from them, and ebikes like Stromer ST7 which costs 14k € or like Super 73 Rx which costs almost 5k €, or all kinds of ebikes from Cube with a mid drive motor from bosh which cost up to 10k, would no longer exist on the market and we would have some decent prices!

Last edited:
The way I understand it, is that Reention is a battery style or type of case.
Reention only makes the case and the ebike manufacturer gets them packed with whatever cells and BMS they desire to stuff into the box.

I personally did my research and found that @Jenny Mao makes quality batteries with a trusted BMS inside. No shortcuts taken.

A quality battery isn't just better built, IT'S SAFER !!

I've put all kinds of cheap crap on my ebike but when it comes to batteries and chargers, I spend the extra money and buy quality.

We each have our price point as to what is worth buying. I am waiting for my 2nd battery from @Jenny Mao and the company she is representing. The price they charge is a very competitive price, and the amount of info they ask about the battery you have so they ensure you get the same fitting/working battery seems inconvenient but I appreciate it.

The batteries that OVT is talking about are not the same. I can't just willyNilly add that varicore brick to my bike. Yes maybe the prices could be cheaper, but when buying a bike from a company that has designed the frame with a battery in mind, we buy into that ecosystem. Plus I am not one to just go to aliexpress blindly to buy a cheaper part because they say it works.

I'll buy quality so I do not have to repeatedly buy a cheap part that leaves me stranded miles from home.

Reention case batteries take more more labor and more materials. Plus the Reention cases parts might cost more because of cost of research and development for those cases components.

Here is a battery build with Reention case parts

That particular build is more than $600 just materials alone.

Cheaper batteries (considering they have the same cells as the more expensive batteries) are usually have simple structure (no case, or simple bulky case for simple wires management), simple interface (usually wires with plug without proprietary interface), cheaper BMS (cheaper BMS can have less features, less maximum current, or be cheaper because of less quality control), less accurate assembly (less crafting quaintly, less quality control).

When you purchase Reention case based batteries you pay for the case and for the labor to assemble the battery into this particular case and that easily lifts the price twice just because of more labor comparing with simple case or no-case batteries. But if your bike uses Reention case battery you have no choice because of this is the only battery case will fit your bike. That's the price you pay for better fit, for better looking bike, for better user experience and for better safety

Last edited:
When you purchase Reention case based batteries you pay for the case and for the labor to assemble the battery into this particular case and that easily lifts the price twice just because of more labor comparing with simple case or no-case batteries. But if your bike uses Reention case battery you have no choice because of this is the only battery case will fit your bike. That's the price you pay for better fit, for better looking bike, for better user experience and for better safety
YIKES!!!! Where ever did you get this information? Actually a case is about $30 by small MOQ wholesale and it takes no more time and labor for me to build in a case or shrink wrap. FWIW I've configured Reention "Dolphin" packs, Hailong versions, and shrink wrapped in addition to 3 battery kits. (Vruzend, NESE Modules, and the awful bound to fail magnetic separator kits) I bought a dozen or so Reention battery meters that are hard to find for individuals. When found they sell for around $12-$15, I'M IN UNDER $3 EACH SHIPPED!! And the reseller had a decent profit margin.

Last edited:
YIKES!!!! Where ever did you get this information? Actually a case is about $30 by small MOQ wholesale and it takes no more time and labor for me to build in a case or shrink wrap. FWIW I've configured Reention "Dolphin" packs, Hailong versions, and shrink wrapped in addition to 3 battery kits. (Vruzend, NESE Modules, and the awful bound to fail magnetic separator kits) I bought a dozen or so Reention battery meters that are hard to find for individuals. When found they sell for around $12-$15, I'M IN UNDER $3 EACH SHIPPED!! And the reseller had a decent profit margin.
I'm glad that there are others like me who don't let themselves be fooled very easily. Because of too much convenience and too little lack of thinking, people end up paying a lot of money for anything.If you have patience, you can find the best things at the lowest prices on aliexpress/alibaba. Big stores get rich overnight because of people's naivety. They buy products for a few cents or a few euros, which they then sell at a premium of up to 10 or 100 times more expensive in Europe, for example.

Back