"Recent Advancements to a Million-Mile Battery" - EV Society of Canada w/Prof. Jeff Dahn - 1st Feb 2022 at 7.30pm EST

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
1642644673302.png

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Canada Talks Electric Cars Webinar

Episode #21- "Recent Advancements to a Million Mile Battery"
Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 - 7:30 PM EST - Registration Link Below

Prof. Jeff Dahn is the Tesla Canada Research Chair and a truly amazing scientist, teacher. We are fortunate to have Prof. Dahn as an advisor and investor to Zen Electric Bikes in Halifax, Canada.

For those interested in this battery chemistry, please check out this thread: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/1-million-mile-ev-battery.29661/

Join us for this "one time only live event"episode of Canada Talks as we welcome Dr. Jeff Dahn a premier authority and researcher of Li-ion batteries. This is a rare opportunity to hear directly from Professor Dahn and to ask questions.*

DrJeffDahn1.jpg

Professor Jeff Dahn is with the Department of Physics & Atmospheric Science and the Department of Chemistry at Dalhousie University. Dr. Dahn is recognized as one of the pioneering developers of the lithium-ion battery that is now used worldwide in laptop computers, cell phones, and many other devices including electric cars.

Professor Dahn will describe the advances recently made in modern Li-ion batteries that can enable more than one million miles of driving and many many decades of life. Such batteries are eminently suitable for vehicle to grid applications which society sorely needs to allow more solar and wind on the grid.

NOTE: *At Dr. Dahn's request, this episode will not be recorded. Check out our past episodes on the Electric Vehicle Society’s Youtube channel. Please visit and subscribe!

NOTE: Jeff is not able to answer any questions about the work his lab is doing for Tesla.
Canada Talks Electric Cars webinar brings you Canadian leaders and experts from the electric vehicle industry and provides a forum to ask questions about a wide range of EV related subjects. Hear about the latest news and developments in our transition to electric mobility.

Don’t miss out! Register to receive your personal link to the webinar below.
Registration Link
After you register, you will be e-mailed a link to access the webinar.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting and I’ll be there! I have questions around fire risk with home charging which is my wife’s biggest objection to an ev, same question when it comes to crashes (seems like a lot of energy there), also have questions around the economics of a million mile battery, it makes ev purchasing decisions easier and roi sure looks better if I can plan on 1m miles, currently have ice car and planning for 200k and hoping for 300k. Side note: we need self driving ev cars really bad for a lot of reasons, my passion is the safety component as most drivers are on phones now while driving (this from a 35 year old who may be the last person on earth with a flip phone). I can say with confidence I trust a self driving car to see me on my bike or my kids playing better than a typical driver today. Very important work you guys are doing!

Thanks for posting and I’ll be there! I have questions around fire risk with home charging which is my wife’s biggest objection to an ev, same question when it comes to crashes (seems like a lot of energy there), also have questions around the economics of a million mile battery, it makes ev purchasing decisions easier and roi sure looks better if I can plan on 1m miles, currently have ice car and planning for 200k and hoping for 300k. Side note: we need self driving ev cars really bad for a lot of reasons, my passion is the safety component as most drivers are on phones now while driving (this from a 35 year old who may be the last person on earth with a flip phone). I can say with confidence I trust a self driving car to see me on my bike or my kids playing better than a typical driver today. Very important work you guys are doing!

Thank you for the kind words.
I agree safety is a very important aspect and modern Li-ion batteries are becoming safe and by 2025, we would be in a far better position.
I hope you will find the seminar to be very insightful and helpful.

This event will start in less than an hour and it will not be recorded.
If you wish to learn more about that latest battery tech, I recommend you join the live webinar. You will gain a lot of value.

This event will start in less than an hour and it will not be recorded.
If you wish to learn more about that latest battery tech, I recommend you join the live webinar. You will gain a lot of value.
Unbelievably interesting presentation and question session. Learned a ton and left very excited about the future of battery technology and all the applications. Thank you for sharing about the presentation!

View attachment 112282

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Canada Talks Electric Cars Webinar

Episode #21- "Recent Advancements to a Million Mile Battery"
Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 - 7:30 PM EST - Registration Link Below

Prof. Jeff Dahn is the Tesla Canada Research Chair and a truly amazing scientist, teacher. We are fortunate to have Prof. Dahn as an advisor and investor to Zen Electric Bikes in Halifax, Canada.

For those interested in this battery chemistry, please check out this thread: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/1-million-mile-ev-battery.29661/

Join us for this "one time only live event"episode of Canada Talks as we welcome Dr. Jeff Dahn a premier authority and researcher of Li-ion batteries. This is a rare opportunity to hear directly from Professor Dahn and to ask questions.*

DrJeffDahn1.jpg

Professor Jeff Dahn is with the Department of Physics & Atmospheric Science and the Department of Chemistry at Dalhousie University. Dr. Dahn is recognized as one of the pioneering developers of the lithium-ion battery that is now used worldwide in laptop computers, cell phones, and many other devices including electric cars.

Professor Dahn will describe the Besides that not long ago I did a write-up on the reconstruction theme, which I mostly took from here reconstruction; it all started from the fact that I needed a write-up on the electric'car, and this started during the reconstruction and I needed to do an intro, moreover, there I found several interesting ideas that I managed to reveal in my write-up. to allow more solar and wind on the grid.

NOTE: *At Dr. Dahn's request, this episode will not be recorded. Check out our past episodes on the Electric Vehicle Society’s Youtube channel. Please visit and subscribe!

NOTE: Jeff is not able to answer any questions about the work his lab is doing for Tesla.
Canada Talks Electric Cars webinar brings you Canadian leaders and experts from the electric vehicle industry and provides a forum to ask questions about a wide range of EV related subjects. Hear about the latest news and developments in our transition to electric mobility.

Don’t miss out! Register to receive your personal link to the webinar below.
Registration Link
After you register, you will be e-mailed a link to access the webinar.

What a pity that I've only just come across this presentation, it really is very interesting and innovative.

Last edited:
Back