RadRover 6 Plus Strong enough for hills?

Rogerc53

Region
USA
Is the RadRover 6 Plus a strong hill climber? I am 225 lbs, 6'3" and 68 years old. I am little worried that the RadRover 6 Plus is not quite strong enough to climb the hills where I live. They are pretty steep and the motor is 750 watts total. I do not have the strongest legs so will use the throttle some.
How do the rest of you rate the hill climbing ability of the RadRover 6 Plus?
Feedback from your experiences with the RadRover 5 will help me decide.
TIA

The word "hills" is of course, subjective. The time it takes you to climb them often adds some perspective, but if you don't already have a bike, coming up with that time might be difficult.

Another problem, learned first hand (I'm 6'2"/300) is the bigger you are, the more motor you're going to want/need to climb hills. I mention this because a flyweight saying he has no trouble with hills on HIS RAD Rover, might not be adding anything real relevant to a conversation regarding somebody weighing twice what he does.

If there's money in the budget for a mid drive, they can climb about anything, so there's that to consider as well (if you haven't already).

For what it's worth I'm 72 , 5'11", 200lb. I have a Rad Rover but not the 6. I've yet to find a hill that I couldn't easily climb in PAS5 and 3rd gear. They claim the 6 has a stronger motor so I'm guessing you will be fine unless your hills are really steep and long.

For what it's worth I'm 72 , 5'11", 200lb. I have a Rad Rover but not the 6. I've yet to find a hill that I couldn't easily climb in PAS5 and 3rd gear. They claim the 6 has a stronger motor so I'm guessing you will be fine unless your hills are really steep and long.
when I hear that I always throw this hill in there. just a little hill
IMG_1242.jpeg

Is the RadRover 6 Plus a strong hill climber? I am 225 lbs, 6'3" and 68 years old. I am little worried that the RadRover 6 Plus is not quite strong enough to climb the hills where I live. They are pretty steep and the motor is 750 watts total. I do not have the strongest legs so will use the throttle some.
How do the rest of you rate the hill climbing ability of the RadRover 6 Plus?
Feedback from your experiences with the RadRover 5 will help me decide.
TIA
I just purchased, then exchanged an RR6 for a Mini 4 last month. It's not that the RR6 was too big for me. Just too big for me and my family's travel space. I test rode it in my hilly neighborhood and it did fine. I would've kept it if I had a better place to ride it without having to load it up and go somewhere first. The Mini 4 travels better for me and I upgraded the tires to 4" with the suspension seat and everything I can do to soften the ride for my 48 yr old, but injured self. But I may still get a Rover down the road if I can talk a buddy into it as well.

The Mini 4 handles the hills just as well and cranking the pedal assist (PAS) up to 5 in 3rd gear as Gordon notes is like butter. But the harder the motor is pushed, the faster the battery will drain. I'm dialing in my power usage and getting familiar with using lower power settings whenever I can.

The Mini 4 is much larger than you think. Shouldn't have "mini" in the name at all. It's closer to normal bike size while the Rover is sort of a size up from a good MT bike or almost a small motor dirt bike. The Mini still takes up more room than any of our other regular MT bikes.

I love it. Best decision I've made for myself to be active since my injury.

Back