PROJECT 1 Trek Domane +HP VS OREO

Ebiker01

A1066256-356C-4285-8CB1-0224DE43283B.png

Project 1 is 1125Wh total battery capacity , true 28mph speeds, rack , fenders, charging at 4 or 6 Amos with the Bosch FAST 6amps charger. 45-1hour charge time 20-80%.
And the custom paints. Di2 also avlb.

Oreo is an engineering disaster. but with great marketing, and out of stock everywhere.

F05EC463-4AB4-4E95-AC24-75B8175CD7EA.png
A1066256-356C-4285-8CB1-0224DE43283B.png

Yes !
With the 500wh pack for 7000$ is a very okay price, let's say 7700$ with therange boost battery. 8200$ doing it with custom paint+range boost.
Many carbon acoustic road bikes are 5-7k !

I really like the DI2 shifters but it is almost 10.000$ with that. For some reason i find that price stratospheric for this top road ebike.

But 7-8k is ALMOST manageable. And it is very likely that by tbis time next year it could be 5-6k.

It is indeed the supercar of road ebikes...The happiness has no price.
One uncertainty is what if Bosch will release a newer motor very soon ? Or an improved battery pack ?
I slowly watched and researched the Oreo ebike and yes , like many others , i was very excited first, but knew it lacks the power, battery range... , FAST CHARGING CAPABILITY.
There are many owners who are selling them now or are not that happy with it.

Trek, i admit you did a great job with this one, i must gather some courage or work harder.

Yes !
With the 500wh pack for 7000$ is a very okay price, let's say 7700$ with therange boost battery. 8200$ doing it with custom paint+range boost.
Many carbon acoustic road bikes are 5-7k !

I really like the DI2 shifters but it is almost 10.000$ with that. For some reason i find that price stratospheric for this top road ebike.

But 7-8k is ALMOST manageable. And it is very likely that by tbis time next year it could be 5-6k.

It is indeed the supercar of road ebikes...The happiness has no price.
One uncertainty is what if Bosch will release a newer motor very soon ? Or an improved battery pack ?
I slowly watched and researched the Oreo ebike and yes , like many others , i was very excited first, but knew it lacks the power, battery range... , FAST CHARGING CAPABILITY.
There are many owners who are selling them now or are not that happy with it.

Trek, i admit you did a great job with this one, i must gather some courage or work harder.
Range booster is over a thousand dollars from what I seen! You might as well get the 625 battery and cover for about the same and more power!

Range booster is over a thousand dollars from what I seen! You might as well get the 625 battery and cover for about the same and more power!

Yea , this really is the top e road bike worldwide.

Imo , the only one that is probably better with the long range battery (720wh) and much lighter(~25lb) but from what I know it is not made as a class 3 , because of the restrictions in Eu is the BH Core. Can be ordered to US . If this would do 28-31mph delimited (i will find out this soon) , it would be nr. 1.

The Q now is: When will 4860 cells appear in ebikes ?? If it's within a year or 18months then all this ebikes would be almost obsolete . And then 1-2years alter we may have Solid state batteries..

Imo , the only one that is probably better with the long range battery (720wh) and much lighter(~25lb) but from what I know it is not made as a class 3 , because of the restrictions in Eu is the BH Core. Can be ordered to US . If this would do 28-31mph delimited (i will find out this soon) , it would be nr. 1.

The Q now is: When will 4860 cells appear in ebikes ?? If it's within a year or 18months then all this ebikes would be almost obsolete . And then 1-2years alter we may have Solid state batteries..
I did the Bosch estimator with comparable specs and got almost the same result as the BH core. In fact if I got the 625 battery it world be more. I change the Performance Line Speed to the Active Line Plus (BH limits it to 15 mph), set it to 14mph and a 500 battery in the most optimal conditions! My point is any company (think VW) can say one thing but you must ride it to see!

I think someone will just update the old batteries or somehow retrofit them! Just like cars, ebikes are expensive and not everyone can afford to just get rid of them after such a expensive purchase when something new comes along! Hey I am still trying to retrofit my Evglobal 36V ebike from the 90's!

ebiker01...I just found the owner's manual to my old EVglobal ebike. It's yours if you want it; just let me know if you do. I saw someone riding one in Santa Barbara, CA last spring! He zipped by and I didn't have a change to speak to him. It was good to see one still in service.

Back