Power Cable

Afren

My almost 3-year-old 12000 miles R&M Supercharger 2019 GX model with Bosch Performance Gen 2 motor has recently developed a habit of shutting down at random points in a ride, usually with the display showing a flashing empty power tube, but no error message. It refused to power up again unless I removed the power pack and reinstalled it. A battery reset didn't solve the problem. I cleaned all the terminals and I ensured that both the Bosch 500 wh batteries were properly secured in place and tight as possible but the problem persisted.
I then closely inspected the original socket/terminals and was surprised how badly the terminals had worn and become pitted. To resolve the issue, I have now been looking to find a replacement power cable but to no avail. The UK dealer which I bought the bike from, Fullycharged in London, England, has been unable to help and other R&M dealers are not prepared to assist as "I did not buy my bike from them". Can anyone here help with identifying the cable and where it can be purchased even if it happens to be outside the UK?

Attachments

• Photo 2.png
    Photo 2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 225
  • Photo 1.png
    Photo 1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 221
I have found contacting Bosch directly a really easy way to get these matters resolved. I emailed them here [email protected]

I m disappointed to hear that Fullycharged would not help, what did they propose?

I have found contacting Bosch directly a really easy way to get these matters resolved. I emailed them here [email protected]

I m disappointed to hear that Fullycharged would not help, what did they propose?
I have now sent Bosch an email explaining the problem. As far as Fullycharged in London is concerned, I'm sorry to say that in my experience of dealing with them since I bought the bike over three years ago is that the only department that answers the phone and tries to help is the sales department. It's almost next to impossible to contact the service department or get technical advice and assistance.

Just across the Channel

Thank you. I have bought a number of items from them in the past and they seem to stock many e-bike parts and are reasonably priced, however, with the U.K. now having left the E.U. the goods from the E.U. attract taxes and delays due to additional customs and checks.

My almost 3-year-old 12000 miles R&M Supercharger 2019 GX model with Bosch Performance Gen 2 motor has recently developed a habit of shutting down at random points in a ride, usually with the display showing a flashing empty power tube, but no error message. It refused to power up again unless I removed the power pack and reinstalled it. A battery reset didn't solve the problem. I cleaned all the terminals and I ensured that both the Bosch 500 wh batteries were properly secured in place and tight as possible but the problem persisted.
I then closely inspected the original socket/terminals and was surprised how badly the terminals had worn and become pitted. To resolve the issue, I have now been looking to find a replacement power cable but to no avail. The UK dealer which I bought the bike from, Fullycharged in London, England, has been unable to help and other R&M dealers are not prepared to assist as "I did not buy my bike from them". Can anyone here help with identifying the cable and where it can be purchased even if it happens to be outside the UK?
Thank you. My ebike (https://electricbikereview.com/riese-muller/supercharger-gx-rohloff-hs/) has two Bosch powertube batteries. The link you've sent is a power cable for a single powerpack which is readily available even here in the UK. The problem is sourcing a power cable for a dual powertube R&M bike.

Why the insistence on knowing what the cable is for before it’s sold?!
Can it be used for alternative nefarious purposes?

Managed to find the cause of the motor shutting down at random points. Thanks to all those who tried to assist and their helpful suggestions.

I'd be interested to hear what is was too.

Weirdest cause we've found is Kiox/Nyon not having enough charge in their internal batteries and shutting themselves down and the bike in turn - for anyone reading, I highly recommend taking your Kiox/Nyon off the bike and charging it for an hour or so via USB a few times a year.

I'd be interested to hear what is was too.

Weirdest cause we've found is Kiox/Nyon not having enough charge in their internal batteries and shutting themselves down and the bike in turn - for anyone reading, I highly recommend taking your Kiox/Nyon off the bike and charging it for an hour or so via USB a few times a year.
I had that once of course on the coldest day of the year. but I found not taking off the nyon or kiox for long periods of time can cause connection issues. there is a battery level screen so you can keep an eye on it.

Back