TREK Ebike Battery Discharger

well , i know very well what i don't know which is this mid motors in particular😉, but where do they have the TQ sensor located ?
I haven't tried this other ide on my hub motor ebike , but what would happen if one removes the TQ sensor from a mid motor ebike and tries pedalling ? I'm assuming it's easy to remove just as it is on a hub motor, m0st likely it is not.

If not, indoor trainer is the only solution and good luck to the OP in hamstering away the xtra li-ions !!
Yes, this is pretty obvious. Why are you wasting time with "suggestions" from a clueless background? You do know, for example, that hub motors are very different from mid-drive motors? You do know that Bosch locks down their systems pretty tightly? I guess not for either...
Stick to your hamster wheel...

I would like to build a battery discharger.
No need to build anything.
Just turn it on and park the bike on the pedal. Means, use the pedal like a kickstand.
You just need a brick or something to support the pedal.
The permanent little torque on the crank will keep the system on until the battery is discharged. You should discharge it to 40% for storage, which is exaclty where it goes from 3 LEDs to 2 LEDs.

We used to do this when we pitch our tents in the darkness to keep the bike light on. Otherwise it will turn off after 10 minutes.

Back