Potential Supercharger 2 GT rohloff HS purchase

shallcroft

Hello everyone

I'm looking to purchase my first e-bike post retirement. I'm desperately want to make the right choice as it will be a once only purchase.

I have been looking at a Trek Allant 9.9 but I'm now looking at a Supercharger 2 as I particularly like the extra battery capacity.

I am 55, 5'11 but have a bad neck to want a reasonably upright riding position. I'd be grateful for you thoughts on Supercharger 2 suitability, its build quality, ride etc.

I read th eateries can be removed for charging - is this easy? Any issues with the battery connection in the frame.

Thanks in advance. John

Funny seeing you over here. My wife and I have three Rise & Muller Bikes, she rides a 2018 Homage Rohloff HS and I ride a 2018 dual battery Delight Mountain with Fox suspension and a 2019 dual battery Homage Rohloff HS. The batteries in the Homage, the new Superdelight and the Supercharger are quite easy to take out and put back in. This facilitates leaving the bike one place and charging them in another. The Homage second battery is an older style power pack the sits piggyback on the down tube in which the primary power tube resides. For the Supercharger, you can also get a spare cover (the battery has the cover attached) so that you can ride the bike with just one battery installed, reducing your weight by about 10 lbs. If you do get the Supercharger, it is a hard tail so it comes with a short throw Thudbuster suspension seat post. Most would concur that an upgrade to the Kinekt Body Float is a wise move as it is more durable and is easily tuneable to the rider's weight and riding style.

Riese & Muller makes premium bikes, with excellent components, at a premium price. Their bikes include thing other leave you to purchase after you buy the bike. They build bikes after the customer orders them so be prepared for a fairly long wait between purchase and being able to ride the bike.

The Homage has the most upright ride position and has a full front and rear suspension so is probably the easiest on the neck. For a car comparison, the Homage is a Mercedes S class, The Delight is a Audi Q8 and the Allant is a Porsche Boxter.

Funny seeing you over here. My wife and I have three Rise & Muller Bikes, she rides a 2018 Homage Rohloff HS and I ride a 2018 dual battery Delight Mountain with Fox suspension and a 2019 dual battery Homage Rohloff HS. The batteries in the Homage, the new Superdelight and the Supercharger are quite easy to take out and put back in. This facilitates leaving the bike one place and charging them in another. The Homage second battery is an older style power pack the sits piggyback on the down tube in which the primary power tube resides. For the Supercharger, you can also get a spare cover (the battery has the cover attached) so that you can ride the bike with just one battery installed, reducing your weight by about 10 lbs. If you do get the Supercharger, it is a hard tail so it comes with a short throw Thudbuster suspension seat post. Most would concur that an upgrade to the Kinekt Body Float is a wise move as it is more durable and is easily tuneable to the rider's weight and riding style.

Riese & Muller makes premium bikes, with excellent components, at a premium price. Their bikes include thing other leave you to purchase after you buy the bike. They build bikes after the customer orders them so be prepared for a fairly long wait between purchase and being able to ride the bike.

The Homage has the most upright ride position and has a full front and rear suspension so is probably the easiest on the neck. For a car comparison, the Homage is a Mercedes S class, The Delight is a Audi Q8 and the Allant is a Porsche Boxter.
Thanks Alaskan - thought I might hear from you. Great advices always. I have a test drive tomorrow for the Supercharger - exciting

Hi i have a Supercharger GX super bike and well balanced , you tube has some great reviews which should inform you , as for the best riding position , first port of call for me would be to get a brooks saddle , change your peddles if you prefer non clip to some Nukeproof neutron evo , some great colours to match your bike i also use flat pedal MTB shoes also i have these fitted to my handle bar, Ergon comfort GP 5 grips , excellent for long days in the saddle , and they make you sit up more , much better than the standard Ergons that will come with your bike ...........

Back