Please Suggest Most Comfortable Saddle

I am looking for most comfortable saddle for upright and slight lean position. I like wide saddles, any suggestions? I was looking at Cloud 9 Sunlite and Serfas RX-921L. Thanks!

I am looking for most comfortable saddle for upright and slight lean position. I like wide saddles, any suggestions? I was looking at Cloud 9 Sunlite and Serfas RX-921L. Thanks!
There's a lengthy thread on saddles here;

Lots of current info and options.

There's a lengthy thread on saddles here;

Lots of current info and options.
Thanks!!!

To make your decision easy: Selle Royal Premium Relaxed Journey. It is just a "sofa" saddle, very soft and large. You just "sit on a couch" while riding on that saddle. For upright riding position.

I found this article very informative in the decision making process

I am looking for most comfortable saddle for upright and slight lean position. I like wide saddles, any suggestions?
I was looking at Cloud 9 Sunlite and Serfas RX-921L. Thanks!

The most comfortable saddle for all-day rides... case closed. ;)

1593832929950.png

I have the Serfas RX-921L.

Honestly, it's just okay .. it is definitely NOT the most comfortable seat, but it is not bad.
If I do a long ride, my butt will still get hurt.
Also I found that it doesn't have much cushioning, I found the foam to be a bit on hard side.

I'd go for a wider cruiser type of saddle if you're looking for comfort.
For me the problem with the Serfas RX-921is the discomfort from the sharp stitching which is right on the edge of the centre cut out and runs the full length of the saddle😕

Selle Royal and Cloud 9. I have several Selle but always end up switching to the single cloud 9. But the happiest butt is on my Brooks.
26024CDD-453F-4834-A1A9-8769F3D78A21.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree with Drbike above. There is no such thing as a truly comfortable bicycle seat. If you want real comfort, you need a recumbent bike such as one of these trikes:

I'm presently looking at one for my wife.

There are 2 wheel recumbent bikes with comfortable back rest seats but they are awkward to mount especially for old folks like my wife and I.

recumbent bikes
Terrified myself after riding upright flat foot frames and being eye to eye with cages. Laying below traffic eye level was really spooky on busy streets. Never again. Great idea and I especially liked the ride comfort but was constantly paranoid after several close calls.

For me the problem with the Serfas RX-921is the discomfort from the sharp stitching which is right on the edge of the centre cut out and runs the full length of the saddle😕
I have the same issue sometimes with my new BV seat. I ride a lot of miles, always wearing biking shorts and sometimes am irritated by the stitching in an unpadded area in the buttocks area at the seam, and fortunately, I don't always notice it, including on a 3 1/2 hour yesterday, otherwise, I would have already ditched it. It's got some decent cushioning to it, feels very lightweight for its size, and has real metal springs rather than those elastomer springs I had on a previous seat.
https://www.amazon.com/BV-Bike-Saddle-Seat-Universal/dp/B074WH9TM3

Last edited:
I have never ridden a recumbent bike so I can't speak from experience, but a lot of car seats are really uncomfortable and cause me back or neck pain.

My point is, even with recumbent bike, finding a comfortable seat might be just as challenging as bike.

Of course this all depends on the rider. From the limited experience I've had with recumbents, much of your weight is supported by your back which takes pressure off your butt. There are many configurations and like ordinary saddles, each rider has to find one that suits their particular needs.

Back