Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

Fifty days later …

Noosa River, Tewantin, Queensland

Early Morning : Noosa River
Tewantin, Queensland

I hadn’t intended to be off the bike for seven weeks: sometimes life takes an unexpected change. Normality has been restored, I trust, and we – I’m with my brother and sister-in-law – are taking a recuperative break in the winter sun ‘up the coast’ beside the Noosa River estuary.

We'll be here for a few more days, and then it will be time to drop them off at Brisbane Airport and head back to Ipswich to be with my beloved Jen.

Noosa River, Tewantin, Queensland

Fifty days later …

View attachment 126801
Tewantin, Queensland

I hadn’t intended to be off the bike for seven weeks: sometimes life takes an unexpected change. Normality has been restored, I trust, and we – I’m with my brother and sister-in-law – are taking a recuperative break in the winter sun ‘up the coast’ beside the Noosa River estuary.

We'll be here for a few more days, and then it will be time to drop them off at Brisbane Airport and head back to Ipswich to be with my beloved Jen.

View attachment 126803
There he is!
Had a few of us rather concerned mate. Glad you're OK.

Fifty days later …

View attachment 126801
Tewantin, Queensland

View attachment 126803
Good to see you back mate! :)

Fifty days later …

View attachment 126801
Tewantin, Queensland

View attachment 126803
Gorgeous pics BTW...

And Seattle never fails to amaze. Today it is a very light mist/drizzle. But now they are talking about 90F (32.2C) next Monday.
It almost feels like we’ve been under a storm watch for the entire month of June, so I’ll take a bit of drizzle/mist any day of the week over the current conditions. In fact, it’s coming down in sheets right now. :(

Fifty days later …

View attachment 126801
Tewantin, Queensland

View attachment 126803
SO happy to see you again here, David! Hope all is well!

First training ride for Italy:
Screenshot_20220623-120647.png

We're starting out at 10-15 miles every other day for a couple of weeks, then will make our way gradually up to 20-25. Most of the rides on the tour are around 30 miles per day, but that's not solid riding - we'll be stopping for caffé (naturalmente!), cultural tours, lunch, wine tastings 😁😁😁, etc. along the way.

Here's a repeat picture from the same route from Sunday:

PXL_20220619_205214339.PANO.jpg

Fifty days later …

View attachment 126801
Tewantin, Queensland

View attachment 126803
So relieved to hear from you David.

A lot of us were worried and all sorts of possibilities were running through our minds.

So you may make it "back" to NZ?!

Peter

Tiny tot goes surfing …

Surfing : Sunshine Beach, Noosa, Queensland

7:20 am (sunrise 6:35 am)
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
I went for a morning ride to Noosa's surf beach—my first hilly ride for quite some time and, at only seventeen kilometres, the longest since restarting.

Although it was early in the day, the young surfers had beaten me to the beach! 7:00 am and they were splashing and zooming around in the surf before school. (Friday was the final day of the second term; school holidays for the next three weeks.)

In the photo, it looks to me like our surf champion of the future has already parted company with her board (not sure): it hardly matters, fun before school on a winter's morning is what life is about!

Older folk kept their feet dry, enjoying an early walk, or jog, along the beach as the tide began to ebb. My R&M Homage managed a few metres through the softer sand before it decided to have its kickstand propped against a few pieces of pumice (Dave, give me a break while you take a few photos).

Sunshine Beach, Noosa, Queensland

Sunshine Beach, Queensland

Ride with GPS map : Sunshine Beach

1. Noosa River at sunrise (previous photos, post #6522)
  2. Sunshine Beach (beach photos)
  3. Noosa Main Beach (tomorrow's photos—if I remember to take them!)

Back