Original Crosscurrent to CCS/CCX Medium Equals Large?

youth

I have an original 2016 Cross Current & going by seat tube, standover height, & horizontal top tube length; my medium CC is more equal to the large CCS/CCX. Can anyone who has done the upgrade confirm this? I'm 5'7", but the my MED CC fits well, but small in CCS/CCX is recommended for my height.

I have an original 2016 Cross Current & going by seat tube, standover height, & horizontal top tube length; my medium CC is more equal to the large CCS/CCX. Can anyone who has done the upgrade confirm this? I'm 5'7", but the my MED CC fits well, but small in CCS/CCX is recommended for my height.

At one point, the end of 2017 or beginning of 2018? their ads were saying it was a totally new frame design, I never did figure what changed besides the sizes.

Looking on Juices site the ccs/ccx only come in med/l/xl sizes, no small size. Just order the med ccx like your med ccs size[?].

I think the only difference is that they lowered the seat tube by 1” on the medium. I have a medium frame and having ridden the ST Cross Current (which also has a 16.5” seat tube) I don’t think there’s any meaningful change in geometry on the medium frame. Are you planning to get a CCX?

Fast-forward to 16:00 where Tora says they did it to add more room for suspension seat posts.

Last edited:
I could have saved $300 if I had waited to purchase today, pisses me off. I should just be thankful that I have and will enjoy it. It will be my main hobby besides walking in the parks with my wife..................................to above poster, congrats on the new bike. It's a beauty!

I think the only difference is that they lowered the seat tube by 1” on the medium. I have a medium frame and having ridden the ST Cross Current (which also has a 16.5” seat tube) I don’t think there’s any meaningful change in geometry on the medium frame. Are you planning to get a CCX?

Just pressed the order button for a medium black using the 0% loan for 6 months (12 months adds interest). Thinking of how to set things up. Will probably swap over current marathon tires & sell the stock ones. Swap the BB if possible since I replaced the current one with a Shimano not too long ago. & swap the Rock Shox air fork if the steerer tube lengths are the same. I wish there was an loyalty discount or just give me an extra charger.

Just pressed the order button for a medium black using the 0% loan for 6 months (12 months adds interest). Thinking of how to set things up. Will probably swap over current marathon tires & sell the stock ones. Swap the BB if possible since I replaced the current one with a Shimano not too long ago. & swap the Rock Shox air fork if the steerer tube lengths are the same. I wish there was an loyalty discount or just give me an extra charger.

Congrats, I'm jealous.

I could have saved $300 if I had waited to purchase today, pisses me off. I should just be thankful that I have and will enjoy it. It will be my main hobby besides walking in the parks with my wife..................................to above poster, congrats on the new bike. It's a beauty!
Depending on which credit card (assumed) that you used to purchase, and if within 90 days, you might qualify for "price protection". I use it all the time with my Citi cards and it definitely comes in handy on some purchases. Look into your CC benefits...

Yep. I'm avoiding ads for Black Friday sales of the Note 9, which I bought 6 weeks ago. I'm glad I got it, I use it a lot, and I'm not sorry I bought it (despite the premium price.) I don't need to know how much someone saved by getting one now.

Checked with my Credit union cc and no way jose on price protection. Sould have used Citi card but then the interest rate would be 21% vs 8%.

Back