Ordering online: Hoping the Retül size tool is accurate

Although stand-over height of the top tube is still some critical to stopping safely and comfortably, I am one of those "swing leg over rear and saddle" which makes the top tube a non-issue in that regard. And, yes, I've tried other mounting methods - can't seem to teach this old dog new mount methods.
same.

but i’m fairly tall with long-ish legs. it was a bit of a surprise the first time i tried to get on my commuter bike (straight top tube!) with my toddler’s seat on the back 😂😂😂😂

Although stand-over height of the top tube is still some critical to stopping safely and comfortably, I am one of those "swing leg over rear and saddle" which makes the top tube a non-issue in that regard. And, yes, I've tried other mounting methods - can't seem to teach this old dog new mount methods.
There's no way I can safely kick my leg over a top tube, sloping or not, unless it's an actual step-thru design. I normally mount by pushing off with my foot on the left pedal, then swing my leg over, and the same for dismounting. In order for me to swing my leg over the back while standing on the ground, I have to lean the bike well over to the left, although I expect this will be easier to do on the SL vs the regular Vado for a couple of reasons.

There is no other way I could mount a high-step e-bike otherwise than by a high step :)

1647373740738.png

I would fall over backwards and land on my butt!
You know my legs (especially the left one) are bad. Long time ago in these Forums, there was some user (I don't think he participates anymore) who adviced this exercise for me:
"Walk up a table. Raise your bad leg and try planting your heel on the table. Try standing as long you can manage it. Repeat. Repeat".

I tried his advice. Guess what. It worked.

Later, my brother showed me how he did the "high step" over the Trance E+ top tube. I repeated it and learned! (Sometimes, I experience bad days though).

Well, there are ways that I might try to mount when I'm by myself and nobody is looking in case I mess it up, and ways that I know to mount when I'm with a group of riding friends... 😁
I need to find my tripod and action or in-action camera!

Well, there are ways that I might try to mount when I'm by myself and nobody is looking in case I mess it up, and ways that I know to mount when I'm with a group of riding friends... 😁
Just got my wife's Vado 4.0 SL step through. Do you have any suggestions for a mirror for this bike? Or can pretty much any mirror do? Amazing bike, really looking forward to riding with her. Thanks!!

Hi all,

I live in an area where the closest shop that actually has a Vado 4.0 SL step-through that my wife could try is at least two hours away, so I have to order online. She's 5'5" with a 30" inseam. According the the size chart on the product page, that's the top end of the small and the low end of the medium. But the Retül size calculator, measuring her leg and ankle in addition to height, recommended the medium. Here's to hoping!

On the other hand, next year I hope to get the Creo EVO gravel bike. I've ridden my friend's size large and it fit me perfectly, so less of a guessing game there.

It's a bummer that these local shops are so strapped for bikes. I spoke to 3 shops and I swear they all said the same thing: "we're out, and our Specialized reps can't tell when we'll be getting more...could be in a week, could be 6 weeks, could be next year."
Where are you located? There are a bunch of new and older models at Eddys Bikes in Stow Ohio. I do not think they ship.

Back